VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Thread
  1. Yes, @pandy.

The original video is just a crap. Thanks for your valuable inputs.

I think, I'll use XVID, 1024kB for video, lower volume in https://www.videohelp.com/software/Video-to-Video-Converter and save whatever I am left with.

Forgot to mention: the audio did sound more pleasant than the original.
    Last edited by ConverterCrazy; 3rd Mar 2016 at 02:39. Reason: Additional info
    Quote Quote  
  2. Try opening one of the mpeg files with MKVMergeGUI and remuxing as an MKV to see if it offers a warning about the audio and if it's still in sync after remuxing.
    MKVMergeGUI (for reasons I don't understand) will drop non-audio data from the audio stream when muxing without compensating for it, so if there's enough non-audio data removed it can go out of sync. The sample has a small amount of non-audio data, according to MKVMergeGUI.

If that's the problem, I'm not 100% sure the best way to go about fixing it, but it's a way to start looking.
    Quote Quote  
  3. @hello_hello

Thanks.

Yes, the https://www.videohelp.com/software/MKVtoolnix issues many warnings about audio going out of sync.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by ConverterCrazy View Post
    Yes, @pandy.

The original video is just a crap. Thanks for your valuable inputs.

I think, I'll use XVID, 1024kB for video, lower volume in https://www.videohelp.com/software/Video-to-Video-Converter and save whatever I am left with.

Forgot to mention: the audio did sound more pleasant than the original.
    Instead bitrate use q=4 for example - should be faster than specifying bitrate (with VCD size i believe that even for XVid 1Mbps is a bit overkill).
    You can substitute firequalizer by lowpass filter lowpass=10000 (usual audio bandwidth on VHS is bellow 10kHz - in your case everything above 10kHz is harmonics due clipping and other processing errors - IMHO no useful information at all, save bits for part between 100Hz and 10kHz).
    I can think about pipe script to external dynaudnorm filter so level can be normalized automatically even on XP machines).

OT
    It is sad that people compiling software with disabled XP support (adding 1 line to makefile is sufficient to provide compatibility with XP) - i can imagine that Microsoft pushing commercial developers but open source should not blindly follow corpo marketing.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
    Try opening one of the mpeg files with MKVMergeGUI and remuxing as an MKV to see if it offers a warning about the audio and if it's still in sync after remuxing.
    MKVMergeGUI (for reasons I don't understand) will drop non-audio data from the audio stream when muxing without compensating for it, so if there's enough non-audio data removed it can go out of sync. The sample has a small amount of non-audio data, according to MKVMergeGUI.

If that's the problem, I'm not 100% sure the best way to go about fixing it, but it's a way to start looking.

Well? I watched the video in MKV container — almost indiscernible out-of-sync audio!

Will run your script with suggested changes on MKV files, @pandy.

You both are just great help. Will get back with results ASAP.

And, Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Remuxing as an MKV would be a way of testing in non-audio data in the audio stream could be causing the sync problem, but I don't know what ffmpeg does with it when muxing. Some muxers drop it as MKVMergeGUI does, and I think some include it, but if the audio is being converted and just remuxed it's more likely non-audio data will just be skipped. Same if audio gaps.

If there's gaps in the audio stream MKVMergeGUI should keep them intact when remuxing (although I'm not 100% if that's the case when an mpeg file is the source). Once again, I don't know how ffmpeg would handle gaps when converting (pandy probably does), but my next test would be to extract the mp2 audio from the MKV with gMKVExtractGUI or MKVCleaver. It'll be extracted as a contiguous file, ignoring any gaps. Open the MKV, add the extracted mp2 audio, de-select the original audio stream and remux. If the new MKV suddenly develops audio sync problems you'll know the likely reason. The only method I know of for extracting it from the MKV while replacing any gaps with silence is to extract it with eac3to, but if there's no sync problem after remuxing the extracted audio you've probably eliminated problems with the audio stream as the cause.
    Quote Quote  
  7. @Pandy
    Wow, very impressed with a couple of your previous FFMPEG examples and have tried them out on a few AC3 multichannel tracks which have yieled some pretty impressive results, cool, and thank you.

How would you deal with, do the same, with a DTS source?
    How would you deal with an already 2 channel stereo track, in terms of normalising (and gaining) the dialog?

Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by video.baba View Post
    @Pandy
    Wow, very impressed with a couple of your previous FFMPEG examples and have tried them out on a few AC3 multichannel tracks which have yieled some pretty impressive results, cool, and thank you.
    Thanks but in fact this is knowledge from internet and other people.
    Originally Posted by video.baba View Post
    How would you deal with, do the same, with a DTS source?
    How would you deal with an already 2 channel stereo track, in terms of normalising (and gaining) the dialog?

Thank you.
    As far as i know this script is universal and should support anything from stereo up to 7.0 channels (dual channel is not supported need to think how to do it).
    DTS and stereo should be same - dynaudnorm is after downmixing so at the output always is plain stereo audio.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Hi @hello_hello and @pandy

Here is what I have done (Please see attachments). There are warnings about which I could not do anything as I have no clue how to handle them.

It took over 24 hours on my machine with XP!

The video is OK but AR is bad — should have been 4:3. I have no clue how to correct it without spending hours.
    Audio is better than original but is Joint Stereo — should have been stereo.

Hope it helps.

I am grateful for your help.

P.S. The AVI files play on all the devices as I intended.
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by ConverterCrazy; 5th Mar 2016 at 06:04. Reason: Post Scripta
    Quote Quote  
  10. If the idea is to have AVIs that'll play in a standard DVD player (an AVI capable one) you'll probably have to resize to square pixels dimensions when encoding, which means you'll probably have to re-do them. Most hardware players don't support aspect ratios for AVIs because technically the AVI container doesn't support aspect ratios, so setting an aspect ratio probably won't do much good.

According to the "MKV 2 AVI via FFMPEG.txt" file the output AVIs are 50fps, which might also be a problem. I'm not sure if that's correct but if your earlier sample is anything to go by the source is 25fps progressive so there wouldn't be much point in a 50fps output.

I'm a little confused as to how you converted now, given you mentioned Video To Video Converter earlier. If it was ffmpeg, I'll leave it to pandy to help you there.

24 hours is a while. How many files did you have to convert?
    Quote Quote  
  11. @hello_hello

Yes, i did write about using V2V converter but the problem with it is that it doesn't handle audio editing (at least I am not aware of it), so I followed the process as suggested by @pandy. His suggestion softened the shrill sounds and 'normalized' the volume.

The number of videos is 92. and the time was nearly 36 hours.

The 50 fps and AR correction is a bit disturbing. I don't know what to do about it.
    If I'll have to re-do the job for these, I'll leave the job as-it-is.
    Quote Quote  
  12. For aspect ratio you may consider two options:
    - first reencode once again all with added video filter setdar=dar=4/3
    Code:
    @for %%1 in (*.mpg) do (@ffmpeg.exe -stats -y -threads %cput% -i "%%1" -c:v mpeg4 -profile:v mpeg4_asp -slices %cput% -q:v 4 -mbd rd -flags +mv4+aic -trellis 2 -cmp 2 -subcmp 2 -vtag DIVX -vf setdar=dar=4/3 -c:a libmp3lame -q:a 5 -af "aformat=sample_fmts=fltp,highpass=f=120,pan=stereo|FL < FL + 1.414FC + .5BL + .5SL|FR < FR + 1.414FC + .5BR + .5SR,aresample=resampler=soxr:osr=48000:dither_method=0,lowpass=10000" -f avi "%cd%\out\%%~n1_dn.avi")
    - second change XVid header settings with proper tool (no rencoding required) with tool like this MPEG4Modifier or similar.

To address your concerns about encoded parameters i've verified them with ffprobe (use your sample clip with provided script with one change aspect ratio set to 4:3) - outcome of this is simple: Joint stereo is method for efficient stereo encoding - it is normal stereo - no need to worry, video is 25 frames.

# ffprobe output

[streams.stream.0]
    index=0
    codec_name=mpeg4
    codec_long_name=MPEG-4 part 2
    profile=Advanced Simple Profile
    codec_type=video
    codec_time_base=1/25
    codec_tag_string=DIVX
    codec_tag=0x58564944
    width=352
    height=288
    coded_width=352
    coded_height=288
    has_b_frames=0
    sample_aspect_ratio=12\:11
    display_aspect_ratio=4\:3

pix_fmt=yuv420p
    level=1
    color_range=N/A
    color_space=unknown
    color_transfer=unknown
    color_primaries=unknown
    chroma_location=left
    timecode=N/A
    refs=1
    quarter_sample=false
    divx_packed=false
    id=N/A
    r_frame_rate=25/1
    avg_frame_rate=25/1
    time_base=1/25
    start_pts=0
    start_time=0\:00\:00.000000
    duration_ts=2316
    duration=0\:01\:32.640000
    bit_rate=919.226000 Kbit/s
    max_bit_rate=N/A
    bits_per_raw_sample=N/A
    nb_frames=2316
    nb_read_frames=N/A
    nb_read_packets=N/A

[streams.stream.1]
    index=1
    codec_name=mp3
    codec_long_name=MP3 (MPEG audio layer 3)
    profile=unknown
    codec_type=audio
    codec_time_base=1/48000
    codec_tag_string=U[0][0][0]
    codec_tag=0x0055
    sample_fmt=s16p
    sample_rate=48 KHz
    channels=2
    channel_layout=stereo
    bits_per_sample=0
    id=N/A
    r_frame_rate=0/0
    avg_frame_rate=0/0
    time_base=3/125
    start_pts=0
    start_time=0\:00\:00.000000
    duration_ts=4865
    duration=0\:01\:56.760000
    bit_rate=111.470000 Kbit/s
    max_bit_rate=N/A
    bits_per_raw_sample=N/A
    nb_frames=4865
    nb_read_frames=N/A
    nb_read_packets=N/A
    If this is possible please try to verify new Sherpya builds of the ffmpeg - maybe they work in XP then i would advice you to use them and restore older audio filters with dynaudnorm and firequalizer active.
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/mplayer-win32/files/FFmpeg/
    Last edited by pandy; 5th Mar 2016 at 14:35.
    Quote Quote  
  13. I can confirm the latest Sherpya build of ffmpeg runs fine on XP and the batch file from post #23 works (I added MKV as an input type).

When the source was the mpeg sample, ffmeg offered warnings about the queue input being backwards in time (in relation to the MP3 encoding), but the output seemed fine.

The problem with the frame rate and aspect ratio seems to be caused by remuxing the source as MKV. I only tested with MKVMergeGUI but it's not setting the correct aspect ratio automatically when remuxing and the output file is reported by MediaInfo to be 50fps even though it plays normally.
    If I specify 4:3 and 25p when remuxing the mpeg sample as MKV, that MKV as the source results in a 25fps AVI with a 4:3 aspect ratio.

Personally, I'd resize to square pixels rather than set an aspect ratio as it's likely a hardware player won't obey the aspect ratio for an AVI. I tried adding the scale function to resize it but ffmpeg either gave me a cropped output or resized while setting a new aspect ratio. I guess I don't know how to use the scale function properly but I wasn't motivated to spend a lot of time on it.

Would the source files in question be exactly 4:3 or should they be ITU 4:3? I suspect it's the latter in which case I think the source aspect ratio should be 1.367 rather than 1.333

As a side note..... I downloaded the latest version of Hybrid a few days ago but it wouldn't run, spitting out an error regarding ffmpeg and msvcrt.dll. After replacing ffmpeg.exe in the Hybrid folder with the Sherpya build, Hybrid now runs.

Cheers.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Thanks @pandy and @hello_hello.

Yes, the Sherypa FFMPEG doesn't give any error in XP as hello_hello has confirmed.

I'll re-encode but I think the job will run faster if the \out folder is located on a different hard disk?
    Quote Quote  
  15. As a learning experience I worked out how to resize. Setting the DAR the same as the resizing seems to be the easiest way to resize to square pixels. I also worked out how to specify a frame rate of 25fps which seems to fix the frame rate problem when MKV is the source. And while I was playing around I worked out how to apply post processing to clean up some of the blockiness, although that slows the encoding speed considerably.

Code:
    @setlocal
    @set /a cput=(%NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS%*3)/2
    @if not exist %cd%\out (mkdir %cd%\out)
    @for %%1 in (*.avi *.mpg *.mkv) do (@ffmpeg.exe -stats -y -threads %cput% -i "%%1" -vf "fspp=5,setdar=384/288,scale=384:288" -r "25" -c:v mpeg4 -profile:v mpeg4_asp -slices %cput% -q:v 4 -mbd rd -flags +mv4+aic -trellis 2 -cmp 2 -subcmp 2 -vtag DIVX -c:a libmp3lame -q:a 5 -af "aformat=sample_fmts=fltp,highpass=f=120,pan=stereo|FL < FL + 1.414FC + .5BL + .5SL|FR < FR + 1.414FC + .5BR + .5SR,aresample=resampler=soxr:osr=48000:dither_method=0,dynaudnorm=m=50.0:b=1:s=25.0:p=0.5,firequalizer=gain='if(lte(f,10000),0,-INF)'" -f avi "%cd%\out\%%~n1_dn.avi")
    @Echo Done!
    @pause
    Hopefully that's the correct way to do it. The bits in blue are the extras I added. Delete fspp=5 to remove the post processing. The other post processing options are here:
    https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/Postprocessing

I don't imagine a second hard drive will speed things up too much, if at all. The CPU seems to be the bottleneck.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
    As a learning experience I worked out how to resize. Setting the DAR the same as the resizing seems to be the easiest way to resize to square pixels. I also worked out how to specify a frame rate of 25fps which seems to fix the frame rate problem when MKV is the source. And while I was playing around I worked out how to apply post processing to clean up some of the blockiness, although that slows the encoding speed considerably.

I don't imagine a second hard drive will speed things up too much, if at all. The CPU seems to be the bottleneck.
    Well 352x288 is valid video resolution where 384x288 is not valid (from VCD perspective), easier, faster is to properly set correct aspect ratio i.e. DAR4:3 (for MPEG-1/2) 352x288 is one quarter of 704x576 video (i.e. same aspect ratio as typical not 16/9 DVD).

Yes, CPU seem to be slow, looks to me like Pentium 4 - that's why i've use libavcodec instead xvid (xvid 4 times slower than libavcodec).
    Optimizing system may improve encoding speed but i don't expect miracles.
    De-fragmenting hdd (MyDefrag with good scripts like system disk monthly for system disk/partition), removing not useable processes (real time antivirus software may be serious limitation), making swap file permanent (yes, old trick to speedup overall system performance and prevent swap file fragmentation), separating filesystem from data (on 1 hdd at least two partitions, better 2 hdd's with separate disk for data and swap), RAM size is important - for XP and video a least 2GB, if graphic card is embedded type (i.e. RAM is shared with system and video) switching to 16 bit depth for Windows desktop may improve some speed.
    I recommend also to disable all beautifiers of desktop - select in advanced windows settings best performance (visual effects tab - yes, disabling shadow under cursor may speed up a bit CPU - all those fractions of % counts on slower machines).
    Quote Quote  
  17. Originally Posted by pandy View Post
    Well 352x288 is valid video resolution where 384x288 is not valid (from VCD perspective), easier, faster is to properly set correct aspect ratio i.e. DAR4:3 (for MPEG-1/2) 352x288 is one quarter of 704x576 video (i.e. same aspect ratio as typical not 16/9 DVD).
    As the output is AVI, I guess it'll depend on the player, but in my experience it's unusual for older hardware players (probably newer ones too) to obey AVI aspect ratios. ConverterCrazy said he wants to be able to play the AVIs using the video player in his car, so it probably wouldn't hurt to test it before re-encoding the whole lot again. If you resize to square pixels though, there should never be an issue with the AVIs displaying using any player.

I'd probably encode a file or two while setting an aspect ratio that's obviously wrong.... maybe 16:9.... and test that with the car's player. If the video is obviously stretched the player obeys AVI aspect ratios and it'd be safe to convert to 352x288 at 4:3 (I'd create a file with an aspect ratio that's obviously wrong as 352x288 is close to 4:3 so it might be harder to tell if the player's obeying the aspect ratio or just displaying it as though it has square pixels).
    Quote Quote  
  18. Thanks @hello_hello

Not working.

No error displayed. The file creation starts and after 10k the cursor keeps blinking. No progress seen.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Originally Posted by ConverterCrazy View Post
    No error displayed. The file creation starts and after 10k the cursor keeps blinking. No progress seen.
    Sorry, I have no explanation for that. I even copied the batch file from my previous post and used it to create a new one to test, just to make sure I hadn't done something silly, but it ran without a problem.

I added -report to get ffmpeg to write a log file. There's a whole lot of complaining and warnings included, but the command line used is at the top and it shows a successful output at the bottom. Just so you know I'm not making it up.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  20. @hello_hello

I know you are not "making it up".

I tried with -report and got this:

E:\MB-original>()
    ffmpeg started on 2016-03-06 at 19:23:05
    Report written to "ffmpeg-20160306-192305.log"
    ffmpeg version N-78734-g666e2ed-Sherpya Copyright (c) 2000-2016 the FFmpeg devel
    opers
    built with gcc 5.3.1 (GCC) 20160205
    Input #0, mpeg, from 'ep001_.mpg':
    Duration: 00:43:42.08, start: 0.200000, bitrate: 1385 kb/s
    Stream #0:0[0x1e0]: Video: mpeg1video, yuv420p(tv), 352x288 [SAR 178:163 DAR
    1958:1467], 1120 kb/s, 25 fps, 25 tbr, 90k tbn, 25 tbc
    Stream #0:1[0x1c0]: Audio: mp2, 44100 Hz, stereo, s16p, 224 kb/s
    Output #0, avi, to 'E:\MB-original\out\ep001__dn.avi':
    Metadata:
    ISFT : Lavf57.26.100
    Stream #0:0: Video: mpeg4 (Advanced Simple Profile) (DIVX / 0x58564944), yuv
    420p, 384x288 [SAR 1:1 DAR 4:3], q=2-31, 200 kb/s, 25 fps, 25 tbn, 25 tbc
    Metadata:
    encoder : Lavc57.25.101 mpeg4
    Side data:
    cpb: bitrate max/min/avg: 0/0/200000 buffer size: 0 vbv_delay: -1
    Stream #0:1: Audio: mp3 (libmp3lame) (U[0][0][0] / 0x0055), 48000 Hz, stereo
    , fltp
    Metadata:
    encoder : Lavc57.25.101 libmp3lame
    Stream mapping:
    Stream #0:0 -> #0:0 (mpeg1video (native) -> mpeg4 (native))
    Stream #0:1 -> #0:1 (mp2 (native) -> mp3 (libmp3lame))
    Press [q] to stop, [?] for help
    frame= 8 fps=0.0 q=4.0 size= 10kB time=00:00:00.32 bitrate= 249.9kbits/s
    frame= 38 fps=0.0 q=4.0 size= 10kB time=00:00:01.52 bitrate= 52.6kbits/s
    frame= 69 fps= 46 q=4.0 size= 10kB time=00:00:02.76 bitrate= 29.0kbits/s
    frame= 101 fps= 50 q=4.0 size= 10kB time=00:00:04.04 bitrate= 19.8kbits/s
    frame= 132 fps= 53 q=4.0 size= 10kB time=00:00:05.28 bitrate= 15.1kbits/s
    speed=2.11x

And it stays there!
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  21. I don't know why. Maybe try removing the post processing to see what happens (fspp=5).
    Quote Quote  
  22. Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
    I don't know why. Maybe try removing the post processing to see what happens (fspp=5).

No change
    Quote Quote  
  23. Remux as an MKV first? Have you tried another source file?

Does pandy's original batch file still work? Not that anything I added should have broken it, but you never know.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Thanks.

Tried both suggestions. Same result.
    Quote Quote  
  25. I think problem is not in framerate as framerate reported by ffprobe looks OK.

Code:
    @ffprobe -v quiet -pretty -print_format ini -show_streams %1 > %~n1.nfo
    I've tried with two different ffmpeg (zeranoe and sherpya) and out file is same size (but not the same in binary domain).
    Quote Quote  
  26. Originally Posted by pandy View Post
    I think problem is not in framerate as framerate reported by ffprobe looks OK.

Code:
    I've tried with two different ffmpeg (zeranoe and sherpya) and out file is same size (but not the same in binary domain).
    Thanks.

Have you seen the attachments above at post #50?

Why does the process get stuck?
    Quote Quote  
  27. Originally Posted by ConverterCrazy View Post
    Originally Posted by pandy View Post
    I think problem is not in framerate as framerate reported by ffprobe looks OK.

Code:
    Thanks.

Have you seen the attachments above at post #50?

Why does the process get stuck?
    No clue to be honest - it works fine on my computer (Vista + P9500), later i can try to run same test on Pentium 4 with XP.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Last question for the day. Pl see the last five lines in the attached log file.
    There is some error!
    The output file is same as input file.

I have a P-4 dual processor, so I changed this command in your script

@set /a cput=(%NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS%*3/2

Code:
    @setlocal
    @set /a cput=(%NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS%/2
    @for %%1 in (*.mpg) do @ffmpeg.exe -report -stats -y -threads %cput% -i "%%1" -c:v mpeg4 -profile:v mpeg4_asp -slices %cput% -q:v 4 -mbd rd -flags +mv4+aic -trellis 2 -cmp 2 -subcmp 2 -vtag DIVX -c:a libmp3lame -q:a 5 -af "aformat=sample_fmts=fltp,highpass=f=120,pan=stereo|FL < FL + 1.414FC + .5BL + .5SL|FR < FR + 1.414FC + .5BR + .5SR,aresample=resampler=soxr:osr=48000:dither_method=0,dynaudnorm=m=50.0:b=1:s=25.0:p=0.5,firequalizer=gain='if(lte(f,10000),0,-INF)'" -f avi "%cd%\out\%%~n1_dn.avi"

@Echo Done!
    @pause
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  29. Originally Posted by ConverterCrazy View Post
    Last question for the day. Pl see the last five lines in the attached log file.
    There is some error!
    The output file is same as input file.

I have a P-4 dual processor, so I changed this command in your script

@set /a cput=(%NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS%*3/2

Code:
    @setlocal
    @set /a cput=(%NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS%/2
    @for %%1 in (*.mpg) do @ffmpeg.exe -report -stats -y -threads %cput% -i "%%1" -c:v mpeg4 -profile:v mpeg4_asp -slices %cput% -q:v 4 -mbd rd -flags +mv4+aic -trellis 2 -cmp 2 -subcmp 2 -vtag DIVX -c:a libmp3lame -q:a 5 -af "aformat=sample_fmts=fltp,highpass=f=120,pan=stereo|FL < FL + 1.414FC + .5BL + .5SL|FR < FR + 1.414FC + .5BR + .5SR,aresample=resampler=soxr:osr=48000:dither_method=0,dynaudnorm=m=50.0:b=1:s=25.0:p=0.5,firequalizer=gain='if(lte(f,10000),0,-INF)'" -f avi "%cd%\out\%%~n1_dn.avi"

@Echo Done!
    @pause
    Please set this variable to 2.
    Code:
    @set cput=2
    In case of P4 i doubt that any speed can be gained as HT is barely working - even you may safely remove this from script (-threads) - it may be some issue with thread stall not sure.

Code:
    @setlocal
    @for %%1 in (*.mpg) do @ffmpeg.exe -report -stats -y -i "%%1" -c:v mpeg4 -profile:v mpeg4_asp -q:v 4 -mbd rd -flags +mv4+aic -trellis 2 -cmp 2 -subcmp 2 -vtag DIVX -c:a libmp3lame -q:a 5 -af "aformat=sample_fmts=fltp,highpass=f=120,pan=stereo|FL < FL + 1.414FC + .5BL + .5SL|FR < FR + 1.414FC + .5BR + .5SR,aresample=resampler=soxr:osr=48000:dither_method=0,dynaudnorm=m=50.0:b=1:s=25.0:p=0.5,firequalizer=gain='if(lte(f,10000),0,-INF)'" -f avi "%cd%\out\%%~n1_dn.avi"

@Echo Done!
    @pause
    btw

@set /a cput=(%NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS%*3/2 is incorrect (you forgot about closing bracket) - i wrote this in such way to deal with command line limitations which prevent to perform arithmetic's on float and general observation lead to conclusion that overall number of threads should be %NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS%*1.5 (so i've wrote 1.5 as 3/2).

Aaa forgot to mention that this variable (cput) was used also to specify slices for sliced encoding (to speed up encoding) - after wrong variable (missing bracket0 this may introduce stall in encoder (not defined number of slices)

in your log:

Code:
    ffmpeg started on 2016-03-06 at 23:27:16
    Report written to "ffmpeg-20160306-232716.log"
    Command line:
    ffmpeg.exe -report -stats -y -threads -i Ep092_.mpg -c:v mpeg4 -profile:v mpeg4_asp -slices -q:v 4 -mbd rd -flags +mv4+aic -trellis 2 -cmp 2 -subcmp 2 -vtag DIVX -c:a libmp3lame -q:a 5 -af "aformat=sample_fmts=fltp,highpass=f=120,pan=stereo|FL < FL + 1.414FC + .5BL + .5SL|FR < FR + 1.414FC + .5BR + .5SR,aresample=resampler=soxr:osr=48000:dither_method=0,dynaudnorm=m=50.0:b=1:s=25.0:p=0.5,firequalizer=gain='if(lte(f,10000),0,-INF)'" -f avi "E:\\MB-original\\out\\Ep092__dn.avi"
    threads and slices are not defined...
    Last edited by pandy; 6th Mar 2016 at 13:08.
    Quote Quote  
  30. @pandy

Thanks for inputs

Currently, converting all MPG videos to MKV with MKVBatch as the process removes some of the errors.
    Will then run your script.

@hello_hello

I wonder if there is some good GUI for FFMPEG to use your options.

It may help in two ways. Firstly, it will clear the current job; secondly, I have another job pending. I had bought a set of 20 DVDs from the same manufacturer and its audio is crap.

The valuable discussion with you and pandy may help in my next project too.

I really appreciate that you both have been extremely patient and helpful.
    Last edited by ConverterCrazy; 7th Mar 2016 at 03:50. Reason: Spelling
    Quote Quote