VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 27 of 27
Thread
  1. Member wulf109's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    FYI - I tried backing up my disk but cinavia rears it's ugly head on my LG player.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    West Texas
    Search PM
    Well, there is yet another reason not to watch that awful movie. If movies had odor, that one was certainly in the cow dung department.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    West Texas
    Search PM
    By the way, the latest version of DVDRanger CinEx can remove the Cinavia protection and the audio, though degraded, is light-years ahead of where they started with that program. It might be good enough for this stinker, though it might just compound the misery also.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by wulf109 View Post
    FYI - I tried backing up my disk but cinavia rears it's ugly head on my LG player.
    Other than you, how many people really care about this? These days people who back up their purchased Blu-Ray discs should always operate on the assumption that Cinavia will be present.

    I saw the movie and while I don't regret seeing it, it is not good enough to buy, nor I would I rent it again.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I suppose such DRM is expected to boost legitimate sales. Fail.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    I care about it, If people buy the Disk then they own it with the right to do what ever they want with it, Beside's it is still better to have a backup copy then have a hard drive go bad in my opinion.
    Quote Quote  
  7. After the Earth...
    KJV-GC1V26
    26 ...Let us make man in our image...
    Later on this guy f***ed up everything!

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I never read past KJV-GC1V25
    Last edited by enim; 14th Oct 2013 at 19:11.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member netmask56's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Search Comp PM
    Get a Popcorn C200 that doesn't have Sinavia. Rip using Dvdfab and ignore the crap protection.....
    BeyonWiz T3 PVR ~ Popcorn A-500 ~ Samsung ES8000 65" LED TV ~ Windows 7 64bit ~ Yamaha RX-A1070 ~ QnapTS851-4G
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by tarzan54 View Post
    I care about it, If people buy the Disk then they own it with the right to do what ever they want with it, Beside's it is still better to have a backup copy then have a hard drive go bad in my opinion.
    Your argument is flawed. If you bought a move on disc and transferred it to a hard drive, then you should have your original disc as your backup copy in the event of a hard drive failure. If you normally play copies of your movies from a hard drive, then chances are Cinavia won't be an issue because media players are not required to recognize it.
    Quote Quote  
  10. nevermind
    Last edited by jagabo; 14th Oct 2013 at 20:14.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    West Texas
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    Originally Posted by tarzan54 View Post
    I care about it, If people buy the Disk then they own it with the right to do what ever they want with it, Beside's it is still better to have a backup copy then have a hard drive go bad in my opinion.
    Your argument is flawed. If you bought a move on disc and transferred it to a hard drive, then you should have your original disc as your backup copy in the event of a hard drive failure. If you normally play copies of your movies from a hard drive, then chances are Cinavia won't be an issue because media players are not required to recognize it.
    Both Arcsoft TMT 6 and WinDVD 11.5 will recognize ripped blu ray movies with Cinavia and stop playback of the audio at the 20 minute mark. It doesn't matter what type of file it is in, m2ts, mkv, mp4, etc. These software players obey the Cinavia trigger from anything other than the original disc.

    PowerDVD doesn't seem to do this yet. At least, not the last time I tested it. Cinavia only kicked in from files on a recordable disc.

    But these problems only affect people using HTPC's. The standalone media players don't have it.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    ®Inside My Avatar™© U.S.
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    Other than you, how many people really care about this?

    I saw the movie and while I don't regret seeing it, it is not good enough to buy, nor I would I rent it again.
    I would not even rent it, hell, I would not even waste the time to download it and watch it just from the in depth reviews I have read about it!!!
    LOL!!

    Talk about someone with too much money and influence self indulging themselves and their son!!!
    LOL!!
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Kerry56 View Post
    Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    Originally Posted by tarzan54 View Post
    I care about it, If people buy the Disk then they own it with the right to do what ever they want with it, Beside's it is still better to have a backup copy then have a hard drive go bad in my opinion.
    Your argument is flawed. If you bought a move on disc and transferred it to a hard drive, then you should have your original disc as your backup copy in the event of a hard drive failure. If you normally play copies of your movies from a hard drive, then chances are Cinavia won't be an issue because media players are not required to recognize it.
    Both Arcsoft TMT 6 and WinDVD 11.5 will recognize ripped blu ray movies with Cinavia and stop playback of the audio at the 20 minute mark. It doesn't matter what type of file it is in, m2ts, mkv, mp4, etc. These software players obey the Cinavia trigger from anything other than the original disc.

    PowerDVD doesn't seem to do this yet. At least, not the last time I tested it. Cinavia only kicked in from files on a recordable disc.

    But these problems only affect people using HTPC's. The standalone media players don't have it.
    Yes, I was not thinking about commercial software media players when I wrote that. Most people who rip their movies to a hard drive for convenience aren't using one of the commercial software players you mentioned to play their files. They are either using freeware media players or a hardware media player for the most part.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 14th Oct 2013 at 21:53. Reason: clarification
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Noahtuck View Post
    Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    Other than you, how many people really care about this?

    I saw the movie and while I don't regret seeing it, it is not good enough to buy, nor I would I rent it again.
    I would not even rent it, hell, I would not even waste the time to download it and watch it just from the in depth reviews I have read about it!!!
    LOL!!

    Talk about someone with too much money and influence self indulging themselves and their son!!!
    LOL!!
    LOL I don't always pay attention to reviews. I watch almost every Science Fiction or Fantasy movie that gets released and I like Will Smith. It isn't all that unusual for actors to put their own money into producing movies they star in or to write their own scripts. I will admit that some of those movies are better and more successful than others.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    ®Inside My Avatar™© U.S.
    Search Comp PM
    I agree for the most part.

    I also like Will Smith and have seen probably all the films he has been in.

    Usually I do not ay attention to reviews either but.....
    Some of the movies I loved the most got bad reviews and some of the worst I watched got great reviews!!!

    But the reviews I have read about this film and the news articles......
    OY VEY!!!!!
    Snooze-O-Rama!!!!!!
    LOL!!!

    I don't like actors because they were in a good movie or like a movie just because an actor I like is in it,
    it's a culmination of things.

    Who knows, maybe some day in the future I will be super bored and decide to check it out.....
    Then end up thinking, DAMN that was good!!!
    Why didn't I watch it 10 years ago!!!!!
    LOL!!!
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    I ignore the reviews also, I personally think they rate them just so people would buy them, Kerry56 your right about the software and media players, usually_quiet the reason for the back up is because when people borrow my movies they don't always come back in the same shape as when they went out and bluray movies are expensive so I don't buy many and always back them up which I'm sure alot of people do.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by tarzan54 View Post
    usually_quiet the reason for the back up is because when people borrow my movies they don't always come back in the same shape as when they went out and bluray movies are expensive so I don't buy many and always back them up which I'm sure alot of people do.
    Then it is time for you to stop lending your movies to your friends and family because Cinavia is not going away.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    West Texas
    Search PM
    I compress my blu ray movies for the hard drive in my HTPC. Not by a great amount, just down to the size that will fit on a 25gb blank disc. And I back them up to blank discs as well as on the HTPC hard drive. This way I don't have to re-compress dozens of movies again if I lose a hard drive.

    This strategy works well enough, though it does take a lot of physical space for storage of the discs. I'm not sure how much longer I'll do this however, as the price of 2 and 3tb hard drives are dropping to the point that I may not need the optical discs as backup...just use another, stored drive. I'll always rip my movies though, since playing from the original discs is a pain in the ass. Having the main movie only in the backups means I don't have to sit through all the crap they put on the originals.
    Quote Quote  
  19. After the Earth has Cinavia
    Not only cinavia, but grains too!
    and lot more!

    Cinavia really does not bother much, but definitely grain does. Recently I purchased 5 latest released BD, 3 out of these 5 I can tell were poorly encoded and authored. As the purchased from authentic chain, I have returned 3 for refund. Customer Service Rep was having a hard time. Only the way I could convinced him, keep all 5 with you and do not refund now, take them to your home or someone who has large screen. Watch them all and feel the difference by yourself. Only refund me If you see and feel real difference. No customer would like to pay high price for the grains which anyone can get it fo free.

    I also insisted to take this to purchase manager and convey same to BiG (Rip oFF) Business Houses. With these retun for refund, I conveyed following message: If you wanna give me good and nice thing, probably I will pay the price you want. But, better keep your SHiT with yourself. do not try to sell it to me at least.

    BluRays (BD) simply does not means HiQ.
    Quote Quote  
  20. If grain is on the film it belongs on the DVD/BD.
    Quote Quote  
  21. If grain is on the film it belongs on the DVD/BD.
    I can understand old movies with old camera technology. But, they are not worth producing grainy BDs. 2013 released movies, I expect recent latest cameras, latest 4k scanners, latest technology and further more I do not expect grains on BD for the high price I am paying.
    Quote Quote  
  22. from the link posted by wulf109
    This title is contains CINAVIA protection in ENGLISH DTS HD MA 5.1 During playback the sound will be mute at all within 5-30 minutes. So when it happen please change language to ENGLISH DOLBY DIGITAL 5.1 by your remote control and also the ENGLISH sound will be on again within 10-15 seconds. or Be start playback with ENGLISH DOLBY DIGITAL 5.1 it will be no problem with CINAVIA.
    From China you can expect anything. Chinese know where the money is.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member wulf109's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    According to blueray.com After Earth is a 4k master.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Kerry56 View Post
    I compress my blu ray movies for the hard drive in my HTPC. Not by a great amount, just down to the size that will fit on a 25gb blank disc. And I back them up to blank discs as well as on the HTPC hard drive. This way I don't have to re-compress dozens of movies again if I lose a hard drive.

    This strategy works well enough, though it does take a lot of physical space for storage of the discs. I'm not sure how much longer I'll do this however, as the price of 2 and 3tb hard drives are dropping to the point that I may not need the optical discs as backup...just use another, stored drive. I'll always rip my movies though, since playing from the original discs is a pain in the ass. Having the main movie only in the backups means I don't have to sit through all the crap they put on the originals.

    I agree with you 100 percent.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Kerry56 View Post
    Well, there is yet another reason not to watch that awful movie. If movies had odor, that one was certainly in the cow dung department.
    LOL. I must agree. If Will Smith is still a big star after this, I'll be impressed.
    Quote Quote  
  26. LOL. I must agree. If Will Smith is still a big star after this, I'll be impressed.
    How 'bout a 3.5/4.0 review?

    http://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/after-earth-2013
    Quote Quote  



Similar Threads