VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Just one of the forum's rules that you should take note of:

Please try not to "bump" your topic.
    Replying to your own topic to get it to the top is annoying. Try to have some patience, this is a bulletin board, not IRC. It may take some time (e.g., one or two days) before someone can answer your query or question.

Make that 8 days now, LS.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    How many forums are you on this week? I know you're chasing LordSmurf around on a few of them.

What about the disk errors and their relationship to fungus and case corrosion?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Lordsmurf please answaer my questions

if my DVD disc has errors jitter, PIE, and C1C2 PIPO data burned that disc will be automatically deleted and I will not be able to use the dvd drive in the future?

I still do not understand what is errors jitter, PIE, PIPO and C1C2 and these errors will corrupt the files burned to disc in the future
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    9 days
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    ALL.DISCS.HAVE.ERRORS.

Jitter is just a timebase error, which should NEVER be worried about as long as it is within the bounds of error correction (which it usually is - things have to get VERY BAD for timebase errors to be outside the tolerances of EC).*

C1, C2, PIE, PIF, POE, POF, etc are all ways of counting the type/placement/difficulty of errors. You don't need to know exactly what they mean, just that they exist, but your disc drive (and software/firmware) already has built into it the means with which to detect & correct the errors. There are multiple stages. Only when an error is so egregious that it cannot be corrected, THEN it is a true data read error. That is the ONLY time where you will lose access to previously recorded data. This does not EVER mean it is deleted. EVER. Only you can do that, on purpose or by accident, and only on RW media. On R media or ROM media, it is ALWAYS still there, it just at some point may not be accessible.

But, as was mentioned by Lordsmurf, that cliff-point is more like a bluff, because - little known fact: underlying all digital media is the physical layer which really still acts like analog.

So, back to errors again: underlying soft errors build up to the point where they can't be corrected anymore, and become hard errors. Where is that point? It changes, based on varying factors of disc dye, drive writing & reading strategems, error correction algorithms, disc structure quality, and SCRATCHES. But you don't need to know all those factors and what each one means and it's relationship. To get a full understanding takes degrees in Physics, Optics, Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering and/or Computer Science. And nobody here, including LS, wants to tutor you to that point. You want to know? - Go to college.

Want to instead learn what is important about all this stuff? Then just read between the lines in forums such as these and:
    1. Stop pestering people so much
    2. Listen thoroughly to the good answers given to you
    3. Accept the advice of those already more learned than you
    ...and, related to and underlying all your recent questions...
    4. Only buy very high quality media (TY, MAM, Good Verbatims, etc. as mentioned on these sites) and use multiple, preferred quality drives
    5. Check your discs regularly (~ every 6 months or year). When they start growing more soft errors, or already have much, you
    6. Migrate your data to New, Replacement discs. But also,
    7. Make duplicates of your data on different type media (HDD, Flash vs. Optical, etc), and finally,
    8. Live with the fact that there WILL still be things lost. ALL THINGS MUST PASS...

Now, if you continue to ask more, repetitive questions after that, you really are acting irresponsibly & troll-like.

Scott

*The only time data jitter ever even comes into play is in A->D (variable depending upon quality), D->A (variable, but usually miniscule), and with hard read errors (mentioned above).
    Last edited by Cornucopia; 14th Oct 2013 at 18:14.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    8. Live with the fact that there WILL still be things lost. ALL THINGS MUST PASS...
    i'm having really good luck with 5 disc raid 10 arrays. haven't ever lost a single bit.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @Scott

A very good write-up. I will not lose much sleep on the OP's failure to understand or believe since it is not written by LS.

BTW I have this PIE and I lose bits every time I take a byte. Should I be worried ?
    Quote Quote  
  8. 1 from what I understand errors jitter, PIE , PIPO and C1C2 will not delete any files burned on DVD medias?

2 all these errors are only errors reading the DVD drive correct these errors ?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    #1 No. Read what has already been (fully) told to you - AGAIN. I won't tell you after this.

#2 Reading errors? - Yes. Correctable - Maybe yes, maybe no. See #1.

I'm done with this thread.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  10. I've read everything but as I did not understand I thought errors jitter, PIE, PIPO C1/C2 would delete my files burned on DVD, but it will not happen? I believe that my discs may have these errors because I just did the test ScanDisc Nero DiscSpeed ​​and no found problem
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If you read everything, then you'd learn. But since you can't understand what is being written, I wonder WHEN you will learn to understand?

Besides, only disc fungus can eat your data. Especially stored in corrosion-filled cases. Just turn up the speakers - you won't hear a thing.

Well, at least I see you're coming up with these same questions on other forums, too. Congratulations. You keep getting the same answers and you continue to insist you understand none of this.
    Last edited by OllieTSB; 15th Oct 2013 at 05:45.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Cornucopia or Lordsmurf

I've read everything but as I did not understand I thought errors jitter, PIE, PIPO C1/C2 would delete my files burned on DVD, but it will not happen? I believe that my discs may have these errors because I just did the test ScanDisc Nero DiscSpeed ​​and no found problem
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    10 days
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Does he just copy and paste his posts?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by gonca View Post
    Does he just copy and paste his posts?
    Yes.

When he bumps them at digitalFAQ.com, they just get deleted.

If he keeps on, he'll get banned, which is a shame, because I think the questions are good.

But, seriously ... PATIENCE!

I wasn't joking. It's up to 10 days now.
    Quote Quote  
  16. man, I do not want to be banned but also do not want to be without a conclusive answer, I just want you to answer me if my burned DVD medias have errors jitter, PIE, PIPO, C1C2 these errors will delete the files that are burned on discs? Just answer me this because you told me these errors and I was worried
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Carry on bumping and even Baldrick will eventually lose patience.

11 days.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    gamemaniaco

I'm not lordsmurf or Cornucopia in terms of Knowledge of this subject, BUT I'M TELLING YOU RIGHT NOW THAT ALL BURNED DISCS HAVE ERRORS. THE LONGEVITY OF YOUR DISCS DEPEND ON THE QUALITY OF THE MEDIA AND THE QUALITY OF YOUR BURN. ALL BURNED DISCS EVENTUALLY STOP BEING ABLE TO BE READ!!!
    To all others I apologize for the yelling.

lordsmurf
    I like digitalFAQ.com, lurk there every so often. I notice his posts there too.
    His questions might be originally good, but he makes no effort to try and understand the answer. This applies to Brazilian sites as well, which would be in his native tongue.
    Quote Quote  
  19. I do not care about quality of medias I just want to know if errors jitter, PIE, PIPO and C1C2 will delete the files burned on my DVD medias, my burned DVDs can have these errors but
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Oh fook. I just run out of fingers.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    Take of your shoes and socks. That is what I always do when I run out of fingers. Twelve days!
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    Take of your shoes and socks. That is what I always do when I run out of fingers. Twelve days!
    The problem is when you hit 20 days.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by gamemaniaco View Post
    I do not care about quality of medias I just want to know if errors jitter, PIE, PIPO and C1C2 will delete the files burned on my DVD medias, my burned DVDs can have these errors but
    If you don't care about the quality of the media then you don't care about the errors.
    Nothing left to discuss!!!
    Quote Quote  
  24. dude I know that the quality of the media interfere in the durability of the files but do not confuse things I just want to know if errors jitter, PIE, PIPO and C1C2 if these errors will delete the files burned on DVD media?
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Does his English get really good every so often?
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Does his English get really good every so often?
    Yes.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Then I just ask a friend for help.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 15th Oct 2013 at 18:12. Reason: bad cut and paste
    Quote Quote  
  28. guy I just want to know if errors jitter, PIE, PIPO and C1C2 if these errors will delete the files burned on DVD media?
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Then I just ask a friend for help.
    Thats one way to count to 21
    Quote Quote  
  30. respond my answer

I just want to know if errors jitter, PIE, PIPO and C1C2 if these errors will delete the files burned on DVD media?
    Quote Quote