VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast
Thread
  1. Dear video users,

I am pleased to announce the public availability of QtlMovie, a simple specialized graphical front end to FFmpeg using the Qt framework.

Why another front-end to FFmpeg? So many different ones already exist.

QtlMovie is NOT a general-purpose GUI for FFmpeg, interfacing its rich set of options and filters.

Instead, QtlMovie only performs a few repetitive specialized tasks which proved to be difficult or boring with other tools. In short, I developed QtlMovie primarily for my own usage to automate tasks which took me too long and I now share it.

So, what is QtlMovie for?

It is mostly the answer to the following needs:
    • I am a movie fan and want to watch movies exclusively in original audio version with subtitles when necessary.
    • I record many movies from TV (digital TV and MPEG-converted analog recordings) as well as collect other movie files and I want to create DVD's out of them.
    • I own an iPad and many DVD's and want to watch those DVD's on the iPad.
    Sounds reasonable? Yes. Or at least I thought so.

Sounds simple? Not so simple in fact. Before developing QtlMovie, I needed to use a dozen different tools depending on the type of input and output files: MediaInfo (always a good starting point), AviDemux, ProjectX, VirtualDub, MediaCoder, DVD Decrypter, VOB Merge, DeeVeeDee, Nero, several more or less functional subtitle conversion tools and, for desperate cases, a good old long ffmpeg command line. None of these tools could be removed from the toolbox. There was always a specific case (mostly because of the subtitle formats hell) where one of them was necessary. See some more on that below. Note that I only mention free tools. There may be some magic and expensive tools which do what I want but I am simply not interested.

This is why I deciding to unify all of them behind a common GUI which interfaces (but does not hide) ffmpeg and other command line tools. FFmpeg is the key tool which does most of the work. But additional tools are added to extract Teletext subtitles or create DVD file systems and media. A log window shows the generated commands and their output. To
    understand why QtlMovie can be useful, the log window shows no less than 10 successive commands to generate a DVD media from a TV recording containing Teletext subtitles.

Using QtlMovie: Basically, the main workflow of QtlMovie is the following
    • Open a movie file of any type, including DVD file structures, with any combination and formats of audio, video and subtitles.
    • Five clicks: 1. select video track, 2. select audio track, 3. select subtitle track, 4. select output type, 5. start. All selections use simple radio buttons in one single window (no complex menus, no drop-down or combo boxes, etc.)
    • Everything is automated to create either a DVD (MPEG file, ISO image or burn the media, your choice) or an iPad movie file. The resulting output media is basic and simple: one video track with hardcoded subtitles, one audio track, that's all (no menu, no track selection).
    Why is this complicated ?

Interestingly, although the most complex technical task, the video and audio transcoding was never a problem. Most tools handle that gracefully, mostly thanks to back-ends like FFmpeg and its libraries.

Here is a list of some technical difficulties I had to face. No traditional tool can manage them all, I needed a combination of tools. And when a solution existed in a tool, I needed to select multiple options and make some calculation each time. I hate to repeat the same or (worse) similar operations when a technical solution could exist to automate them.
    • Video size, display and pixel aspect ratio. Example: Considering an input video size 1280x536 with pixel aspect ratio 1:1. How do you resize and pad it to obtain a DVD video with size 720x576 and display aspect ratio 16:9? Need some simple but boring math every time.
    • Identification of audio and subtitle language and properties (standard, forced, for hearing/visual impaired). VOB files from DVD do not carry this information. You have to analyze the .IFO file for that. With some tools, the properties are not clearly reported, making the selection decision more difficult.
    • Text subtitles. Which format: SRT, SSA, ASS. Which source: a stream in the input file or an external file. How to burn them in the video. AviDemux is mostly OK but unreliable, its support for SRT vs. ASS keeps changing with versions and I faced repeated and irritating crashes.
    • Teletext subtitles (common in DTTV and IP-TV). The only GUI which can extract them is ProjectX. But it works only on MPEG transport stream files and its GUI is complex and counter-intuitive.
    • Bitmap subtitles (DVD and DVB) position and size. The video and subtitle frames have sometimes distinct sizes and overlaying them needs some manual adjustments (after hours of nervous breakdown the first time, trying to figure out why those damn subtitles did not show up).
    • DVD subtitle colors. The VOB files from a DVD contains bitmap subtitles without any color information. The result is ugly and barely watchable subtitles in the video. You have to dig into the .IFO file in the DVD to extract (and convert) the color palette for the subtitle.
    • And other difficulties I have now forgotten.
    Well, enough is enough. I just wanted to open a file, 5 clicks, go for a coffee (or a "magret de canard") and later collect my DVD media or iPad movie. So I developed QtlMovie.

QtlMovie is a not a sophisticated tool. It does not manipulate video and other complex bitstreams. It simply synchronizes the work of other excellent and complex tools such as FFmpeg. But "simply" is exactly the word that was missing and I hope that QtlMovie will bring it to you.

QtlMovie is open source and released under the BSD license. It is developed in C++ using Qt 5 and should work on any platform supporting Qt 5, ffmpeg and the other media tools. QtlMovie is primarily developed on Windows but
    is also tested on Linux.

QtlMovie is available on SourceForge at http://qtlmovie.sourceforge.net/

The source code is available both as one archive file per version and as a git repository.

Binary installers for 32-bit and 64-bit Windows are available. These binary installers come pre-packaged with recent versions of ffmpeg, ffprobe, dvdauthor, telxcc, mkisofs and growisofs so that they are self-sufficient for end users.

Please report problems using the ticket tracker on the project page at https://sourceforge.net/projects/qtlmovie/

A discussion forum is available. Anonymous postings are enabled but will be moderated first. Registered users of SourceForge may post without restriction.

Acknowledgements: I would like to thank the authors of ffmpeg, dvdauthor, telxcc, mkisofs and growisofs. They developed great tools. QtlMovie is just providing the glue...

-Thierry
    Quote Quote  
  2. I afraid that it's too simplified, even for an idiot who wants to choose between NTSC and PAL for an output.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Good point. I will add an NTSC vs. PAL option in the settings.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Living in PAL world so ...

I though this an interesting front end so I did some test

Input MKV/h.264 720p/AC-3 - 2 embedded SRT/UTF-8 subtitles + 1 external SRT/UTF-8
    Output DVD MPEG File

1) x86 Windows Vista
    Drag-drop filled the input field for Input File/Subtitles - however didn't activate them. Had to Browse.
    Used external subs and encoded all-right with nice-looking hardcoded subs. Bitrate 2.5 Mb/s instead of target 4 Mb/s

2) x64 Win 8
    Used internal sub. OK. Bitrate 4 Mb/s

3) x64 Win 8
    Used external sub. No subtitles hardcoded

4) x86 Windows Vista
    Used external subs. Hardcoded subs OK

5) x86 Windows Vista
    Error getting version for Telxcc: Process exceeds execution time limit
    Error getting version for FFprobe: Process exceeds execution time limit
    Error getting version for FFmpeg: Process exceeds execution time limit
    FFprobe error: Process exceeds execution time limit

Will wait for an update.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thank you for trying QtlMovie.

I only have a x64 Win 7 system for testing (do not have a full test lab at home...) so it is difficult for me to replicate x86, Vista or Win 8 tests.

To fix your issues, I need to replicate them or at least characterize them a bit more. Could you please provide the log for each test? The best way is to do that is:

Before starting the test:
    - Clear the log (Menu Tools / Clear Log)
    - Activate debug (Menu Tools / Log Debug, although it does not log much in fact).
    After the test:
    - Save the log in a text file (Menu Tools / Save Log)

And post the description of the problem and the log either in this forum or preferably in QtlMovie issue tracking system (https://sourceforge.net/p/qtlmovie/tickets/)

It could be helpful also to provide your video and subtitle file for download, although I guess they can be huge.

Bitrate 2.5 Mb/s instead of target 4 Mb/s
    I am a bit surprised. Are you sure you did not check "iPad" output type instead of DVD? 2.5 Mb/s is my standard output bitrate for H.264 for iPad. On a DVD, the file must be huge to shrink the bitrate from 4 to 2.5 Mb/s.

Drag-drop filled the input field for Input File/Subtitles - however didn't activate them. Had to Browse.
    Could you please explain this? I am not sure about what you did, expected and got.

Does this happen just when you start QtlMovie? At startup, QtlMovie launches each tool with the appropriate options to display their version. This version can later be seen in menu Help / About Media Tools. The messages seem to indicate that QtlMovie was not notified of the process completion. When you get the message, can you see the versions of these tools in the "About Media Tools' dialog? Other test: could you open a command window in C:\Program Files\QtlMovie\wintools and try the following commands:

ffmpeg -version
    telxcc -h

These are the commands which are launched by QtlMovie to obtain the version of the tools.

Thanks,
    -Thierry
    Quote Quote  
  6. I just posted the version 1.2.1 which can now create NTSC DVD's.
    In the settings, there is now a PAL vs. NTSC option to specify the format of the created DVD's.

Thanks for reporting this missing feature.
    -Thierry
    Quote Quote  
  7. To videobruger: I was directed on a YouTube video which exhibits some of the problems you mention. I had some difficulties to get the sound right (was very low), but I think I got most of it. Thank you for taking the time doing this.

Got it. It’s a bug. When a file was dragged/dropped in any of the edit boxes for input file, output file or subtitle file, the application was not properly notified of the change if no other edit or browse action was performed. I fixed it for version 1.2.2.

Used external sub. No subtitles hardcoded
    I saw on the video that the external subtitle file was dragged/dropped in this case. So, this is the same problem as above. Similarly fixed. By the way, it can be seen on the video that the generated ffmpeg command (in the log window) did not specify the subtitle file, meaning that QtlMovie was not notified of the subtitle file.

In all other cases in the video, you edited, browsed or clicked in a subtitle selection button before start. The bug did not appear in these circumstances and you got the subtitles.

Bitrate 2.5 Mb/s instead of target 4 Mb/s
    I am not sure about the circumstances of this. QtlMovie specifies 2.5 Mb/s for iPad and 4 Mb/s for DVD (lowering it if necessary to fit on a 4.7 GB medium). On the video, you mention the 2.5 Mb/s rate after a conversion for iPad, which is nominal. Did you get 2.5 Mb/s on for DVD?

Maybe hardcoding 2.5 Mb/s is a little bit too authoritarian. I will consider adding it in the global settings (but not on a per-video basis to keep the GUI as simple as possible).

Additionally, as a troubleshooting method, you may check the generated ffmpeg command (log window). The option “-b:v” specifies the target video bitrate. So you should see “-b:v 4000000” for a DVD and “-b:v 2500000“ for an iPad. But for MPEG-2 video (DVD), ffmpeg sometimes uses a lower bitrate than specified if it decides that a higher bitrate is unjustified for the input video. QtlMovie cannot do anything about it.

The “Error getting version” come when QtlMovie starts and runs specific command on each tool to get its version. The “FFprobe error” comes when a new input file is selected. QtlMovie runs ffprobe to obtain the streams structure, as seen by ffmpeg. It seems that these commands have some difficulties to run. On this specific system, does it happen all the time or did you get it only once? As a test, could you open a command window in C:\Program Files\QtlMovie\wintools and try the following commands:

ffmpeg -version
    telxcc –h
    Quote Quote  
  8. I just released version 1.2.2 to answer the reported issues.

Change log:
    Code:
    - Bug fix: When a file was dragged/dropped into the edit box for input file,
      output file or subtitle file and not otherwise edited, the application was
      not properly notified and the file was ignored.
    - Added settings to specify the video bitrate for iPad. The default value
      remains 2.5 Mb/s.
    - Added settings to specify the iPad screen size (iPad 1/2/mini vs. iPad 3/4).
    - Windows installer now intergrates official telxcc v 2.5.1 (required to support
      M2TS files, previous version of QtlMovie used a patched version of telxcc).
    Quote Quote  
  9. Version 1.2.3 is out there.
    Change log:
    Code:
    - Bug fix: "Test Audio" feature was not working well. Fixed.
    - Workaround for a bug in ffmpeg on Windows: When the option -passlogfile
      contains non-ASCII characters, the path of the log file as built by
      ffmpeg is wrong and ffmpeg fails with "no such file or directory".
      Now use the DOS 8.3 short path of the temporary directory for
      temporary ffmpeg pass log files.
    Quote Quote  
  10. You have put a lot of effort and love into this project.
    I have also been looking for something along these lines.

One note:
    I would have to look it up but I believe MPEG2 audio is not supported by the DVD standard for NTSC. I may be wrong because I have not looked in a while...
    Quote Quote  
  11. Will This support CC.
    Joe
    Quote Quote  
  12. @dvd3500:
    I would have to look it up but I believe MPEG2 audio is not supported by the DVD standard for NTSC. I may be wrong because I have not looked in a while...
    I just read that MPEG-2 audio is not mandated by NTSC on DVD (it is mandated by PAL). This does not mean that it does not work. But it should not be too difficult to encode in AC-3 by default on NTSC DVD. I will do that for the next version.

@jobedo1
    Will This support CC.
    It depends on the kind of CC. If you mean European Teletext, yes it does. If you mean North American EIA-608/708, no it does not. Being based in Europe, I have no access to that kind of streams. I am quite experienced in Digital TV and DVB but I have no knowledge about American CC. I have looked at the tool named CCextractor which could be quite easily integrated in QtlMovie, just like telxcc. But I need to download test streams containing that kind of CC.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    MPEG2 audio isn't MANDATED by PAL in the sense that one must include a copy on every DVD, it is ONE OF the 3 mandated formats (LPCM, AC-3, MP2) at least one of which must be included. This differs from NTSC, where only those first 2 are in the list of must include. And since MP2 is deprecated (even in PAL systems) and AC-3 is still quite popular, it makes more sense to include AC-3 than MP2.

re:CCs, yes, 608/708 are another beast entirely, and a complicated one. While I'm sure there are US/Canadian users who would like support for that, I'd bet that just as many, if not more, users would prefer support for standard txt (or pic) subs.

Still, keep up the good work.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    re:CCs, yes, 608/708 are another beast entirely, and a complicated one. While I'm sure there are US/Canadian users who would like support for that, I'd bet that just as many, if not more, users would prefer support for standard txt (or pic) subs.
    Just to make it clear, standard text and picture subtitles are already supported by QtlMovie, namely SRT, SSA, ASS, Teletext, DVD and DVB subtitles. I never came across other subtitle types in practice, although they exist in theory.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Keeping on improving, version 1.2.4 is out there to address the remarks from the previous posts (except US CC for which I have no test stream and will not integrate unless I have actual request to).

Changelog:
    Code:
    - Encoding for DVD now transcodes audio to AC-3 instead of MPEG-2 Audio Layer 2.
    - When encoding for DVD, if the input video stream is already DVD-compliant,
      do not re-encode video. Simply re-encode audio and remux. This is useful
      for video files from analog-to-digital acquisition cards which produce
      DVD-compliant files with MPEG-2 audio instead of AC-3. Previously, the
      re-encoding was skipped only if the complete file was DVD_compliant.
    - Automatic detection DVD-compliant files (full file or video only) can be
      disabled in the settings. This is useful to force a transcoding when the
      file seems DVD-compliant but is not really (too large for instance).
    - QtlMovie is now internationalized. The current only maintained translation
      is French. Looking for volunteers for other languages. Help files are not
      yet translated. The system locale is used by default (when supported by
      QtlMovie). Another locale can be specified on the command line. Example:
      "QtlMovie -l en" starts in English.
    - Bug fix: When editing the input or output file name, the cursor jumped to
      the end of line after each character. Fixed.
    Quote Quote  
  16. [QUOTE=lelegard;2275151]Keeping on improving, version 1.2.4 is out there to address the remarks from the previous posts (except US CC for which I have no test stream and will not integrate unless I have actual request to).

Well i am requesting it as most of my videos have CC
    Joe
    Quote Quote  
  17. Originally Posted by jobedo1 View Post
    All right. As I mentioned previously, it should not be too difficult to integrate the tool named CCextractor within QtlMovie, just like ffmpeg or telxcc. But I cannot work on that feature without test streams. Could you make available for download a few files with US CC? Preferably not too large (a few minutes is enough as long as CC are there). If there are several types of US CC or several ways of signaling them in the stream, at least one file of each type is necessary.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Source (an mp4 with 29.97 fps) becomes an 'NTSC' DVD at 30 fps.
    Does this seem right?
    AVStoDVD outputs 29.97 fps.

General
    Complete name : C:\Users\Superuser\Desktop\downloads\39.mp4
    Format : MPEG-4
    Format profile : Base Media / Version 2
    Codec ID : mp42
    File size : 549 MiB
    Duration : 39mn 42s
    Overall bit rate mode : Variable
    Overall bit rate : 1 934 Kbps
    Encoded date : UTC 2012-10-08 16:49:58
    Tagged date : UTC 2012-10-08 16:49:58
    gsst : 0
    gstd : 2382158
    gssd : B4A7DAEE5MH1382226237634283
    gshh : r18---sn-tt17rn7r.c.youtube.com

Video
    ID : 1
    Format : AVC
    Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
    Format profile : High@L3.1
    Format settings, CABAC : Yes
    Format settings, ReFrames : 1 frame
    Codec ID : avc1
    Codec ID/Info : Advanced Video Coding
    Bit rate : 1 740 Kbps
    Maximum bit rate : 4 877 Kbps
    Width : 1 280 pixels
    Height : 720 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 16:9
    Frame rate mode : Constant
    Frame rate : 29.970 fps
    Color space : YUV
    Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
    Bit depth : 8 bits
    Scan type : Progressive
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.063
    Stream size : 494 MiB (90%)
    Tagged date : UTC 2012-10-08 16:51:01

Audio
    ID : 2
    Format : AAC
    Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec
    Format profile : LC
    Codec ID : 40
    Bit rate mode : Variable
    Bit rate : 192 Kbps
    Maximum bit rate : 201 Kbps
    Channel(s) : 2 channels
    Channel positions : Front: L R
    Sampling rate : 44.1 KHz
    Compression mode : Lossy
    Stream size : 54.5 MiB (10%)
    Title : IsoMedia File Produced by Google, 5-11-2011
    Encoded date : UTC 2012-10-08 16:50:04
    Tagged date : UTC 2012-10-08 16:51:01
    General
    Complete name : C:\Users\Superuser\Desktop\downloads\39\VIDEO_TS\V TS_01_1.VOB
    Format : MPEG-PS
    File size : 1 024 MiB
    Duration : 36mn 47s
    Overall bit rate mode : Variable
    Overall bit rate : 3 891 Kbps

Video
    ID : 224 (0xE0)
    Format : MPEG Video
    Format version : Version 2
    Format profile : Main@Main
    Format settings, BVOP : No
    Format settings, Matrix : Default
    Duration : 36mn 47s
    Bit rate mode : Variable
    Bit rate : 3 366 Kbps
    Maximum bit rate : 9 000 Kbps
    Width : 720 pixels
    Height : 480 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 16:9
    Frame rate : 30.000 fps
    Standard : NTSC
    Color space : YUV
    Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
    Bit depth : 8 bits
    Scan type : Progressive
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.325
    Stream size : 886 MiB (86%)

Audio
    ID : 189 (0xBD)-128 (0x80)
    Format : AC-3
    Format/Info : Audio Coding 3
    Mode extension : CM (complete main)
    Format settings, Endianness : Big
    Muxing mode : DVD-Video
    Duration : 36mn 46s
    Bit rate mode : Constant
    Bit rate : 448 Kbps
    Channel(s) : 2 channels
    Channel positions : Front: L R
    Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
    Bit depth : 16 bits
    Stream size : 118 MiB (12%)

Menu
    Quote Quote  
  19. Originally Posted by sambat View Post
    Source (an mp4 with 29.97 fps) becomes an 'NTSC' DVD at 30 fps.
    Does this seem right?
    AVStoDVD outputs 29.97 fps.
    Could you be more specific? Is the VOB file the result of the conversion of the MP4 file using QtlMovie? If this is the case, could you please send the QtlMovie log? You can save the entire log after a conversion using the menu Tools / Save Log. Thus we could see the ffmpeg commands and their outputs. It seems strange that a 39mn 42s is transcoded into a 36mn 47s one by ffmpeg.

Did you try to play the DVD on a NTSC player and TV? Does it play correctly? Is there any missing part?

You have to understand that, like 90% of the humanity, I live in an area which does not use NTSC and it is impossible for me to test NTSC / ATSC stuff, either DVD or live signal. I am willing to help (for free) but I need some cooperation from NTSC users.

Specifically, could anybody post here the encoding details of a "real" commercial NTSC DVD? This could be done by analyzing one of the VOB's of the DVD either using MediaInfo or ffprobe. FFprobe is installed with QtlMovie. The interesting command to run is:

Code:
    "C:\Program Files\QtlMovie\wintools\ffprobe" -show_format -show_streams -print_format flat path\to\your.VOB
    That would help a lot.
    Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It seems strange that a 39mn 42s is transcoded into a 36mn 47s one by ffmpeg.
    It wasn't:that was one VOB file - I saw no point in opening both in MediaFile and posting.

Please don't take my original post as criticism or carping;I merely had a passing interest.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Version 1.2.5 is out.

Change log:
    Code:
    - US Closed Captions subtitles (CEA-608/708) are now supported thanks to
      the integration of CCExtractor. Currently, the CC are numbered as follow:
      1: channel 1, field 1, 2: channel 1, field 2, 3: channel 2, field 1,
      4: channel 2, field 2. This may not be ideal. Feedback from US users required.
    - Bug fix: On Windows, enforce the DVD burner device to be a drive name.
    Originally Posted by jobedo1 View Post
    The support for Closed Captions is experimental since I have almost no test file but it should work. I added it for you, US folks. So, could you please take a few moments to test it on your videos with CC and return some feedback?

If any problem or weird behavior happens (and it certainly will), could you please use the QtlMovie ticket system on SourceForge and provide:
    • A clear description of what you did.
    • A copy of the QtlMovie log (please activate "Log Debug" before starting the conversion and "Save Log" after its completion).
    • A download link to the input file. Without the input material, I won't be able to reproduce the problem and consequently unable to fix it.
    Thanks for your feedback.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Version 1.2.6 is out.

Change log:
    Code:
    - Bug fix: On Windows, if the output file name contained a single quote (')
      and text subtitles from the input file were inserted in the output file,
      the conversion failed. Fixed.
    - Fixed typos in help files and translations.
    - Added check for a new version either when the application starts (can be
      disabled in the settings) or manually from the "Help" menu.
    I strongly recommend to upgrade to avoid problems with weird video file names on Windows.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Version 1.2.9 is out.

Change log:
    Code:
    - Added "AVI" output type for highly compressed file storage and exchange.
    - Integrated official FFmpeg 2.1 with Windows installer.
    - Windows installer is now internationalized.
    - Windows executable is now statically linked and the installer no longer
      embeds Qt DLL's. The installer is smaller and the risk to miss required
      new DLL's is reduced.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Version 1.2.10 is out.

Change log:
    Code:
    - Added audio normalization. Not enabled by default, edit settings first.
      See help on audio settings for more details.
    - Reorganized "Edit Settings" tabs.
    - Fixed a problem with option -threads in ffmpeg.
    - On Windows with Aero desktop, added a progress bar on the application icon.
      Require Qt 5.2 or higher.
    - Fixed a problem when searching for a new version behind one specific brand
      of proxy server (did not like the default Qt User-Agent).
    - Integrated official FFmpeg 2.1.1 with Windows installer.
    - Prebuilt Windows binary uses Qt 5.2.0.
    - Provide a RPM package for QtlMovie on Fedora Linux. Added scripts to build
      custom RPM packages for ccextractor and telxcc which do not have packages
      in standard repositories.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Version 1.2.11 is released.

Change log:
    Code:
    - Use the "rotate" metadata from the input file to apply the corresponding
      rotation on video. This is useful for video files from an iPhone which
      are sometimes upside down, depending on the iPhone orientation at the
      time the video was shot. Can be disabled in the settings.
    - Added "iPhone" output type. Same kind of conversion as iPad but size
      and bitrate parameters are different.
    - Video frame rate for iPad and iPhone is now 30 f/s instead of 25.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Version 1.2.12 is released

Change log:
    Code:
    - Fixed a performance problem during the initial audio level analysis when
      audio normalization was required.
    - Prebuilt Windows binary uses Qt 5.2.0 final.
    Quote Quote  
  27. 1.2.11 + 1.2.12 x86: Chrashes upon exit. File -> Quit or X. Windows Vista.

Not the case for x64 Win 8.
    Quote Quote  
  28. I only have x64 Win 7 and Fedora in VirtualBox and I can't see the problem, same as you on Win 8.
    Can be either a non deterministic issue in the application or a problem with Qt 5.2.0 on Vista.
    I will check if valgrind can find something on the application.
    Otherwise, could you describe your crash with some more details?
    Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  29. It doesn't happen with QtlMovie 1.2.8/Qt 5.1.0.

When exiting the QtlMovie window disappear and the windows pop-up window with "Qtlmovie stopped functioning .." appears.
    Quote Quote  
  30. Thanks for the input.

Valgrind did not find anything special (I was looking for some kind of "use after free" which can cause that kind of undeterministic behaviour). Valgrind did find some memory leaks in Qt but its seems unrelated to your problem.

Between 1.2.8 and later, on the windows version, two distinct changes happened: 1) Qt 5.1 to 5.2 and 2) link with a static version of Qt instead of dynamic (to avoid the complex DLL structure of Qt). Maybe there is a problem with either on Vista. Do you have the environment to recompile a Qt application on you Vista system?
    Quote Quote