VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Looking for a good free Video Encoder that would allow me hardcoding subtitles for files from mkv to mp4 and will be working on Windows Server 2008
    Quote Quote  
  2. is there any encoder that does not work on Windows Server 2008?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Yeah, there are, they might crash or not work proper...I have tryed freemake video converter does crash, xilsoft does not hardcode subs, wondershare has not enought quality and still checking what might work...and would be fast to use
    Quote Quote  
  4. never tested it since I got no Windows Server 2008, but you could try Hybrid. (latest version is 2013.10.02 which you can grab over at http://www.selur.de/download)
    Quote Quote  
  5. Nice software.Do you know where i can find some tutorials and maybe presets ?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Nope, aside from me, I think nobody writes anything about how to use Hybrid.
    The main reason for that is probably that it's mainly aimed at 'advanced' users who already know their way around video frontends&co.

For presets either use the defaults or create your own. (see: About profiles and saving settings,....)

btw. will release a new version in a few minutes, since 20131002 didn't startUp for some folks.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I see, ok thx for all support will try to work it out on my own some how

btw is there an automatic update or I have to update it some how on my own ?

Damn I got an some error with your software. I have encoded two files and they have encoded good but third and fourth file encodes just to size of 60 MB instead od 700 MB as it should be.
    Last edited by lib3rty1; 3rd Oct 2013 at 05:35.
    Quote Quote  
  8. see: http://www.selur.info/support regarding what infos I need to reproduce and fix bugs

btw is there an automatic update or I have to update it some how on my own ?
    Nope, don't have time to maintain the tools&co involved with it. (did write some code to at least report if the version isn't up to date, but it's not enabled in any normal builds; don't like tools that want to go online without the user telling them to).
    to stay up-to-date I normally would recommend to subscribe to the rss feed of the update thread over at forum.selur.de.

Cu Selur
    Last edited by Selur; 3rd Oct 2013 at 07:59.
    Quote Quote  
  9. ok thx

Ok i have selected fast 1st pass ofr 1 pass encode so that is why file had an error

btw, really nice tool
    Quote Quote  
  10. happy you like it and that it seems to run on Windows Server 2008 If you run into problems, best action normally is:
    a. collect infos (like mentioned before), fixing problems normally isn't that hard, but reproducing them is the main problem.
    b. post in the Hybrid thread here in the forum or over at forum.selur.de and I'm respond relatively fast. (I do sleep from time to time, so I'm only really fast while I'm awake, If I haven't responded after 24h I probably missed the notice.)

Cu Selur
    Quote Quote