VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hello
    I have all the video clips captured and I basically need a starting menu followed by a video then to trigger a chapter menu after that video clip and after you pick a chapter and that chapter plays it then automatically plays a final video and then loops back to the starting menu.
    So this is the sequence I am aiming to end up with
    1. A dvd that you put in the drive, a menu comes up saying "play"
    2. On clicking play it plays one video clip (The opening Video) in full which fades to black
    3. A menu then appears giving you the choice lets say A or B
    4. If you click A it plays the A video file
    5. if you click B it plays the B video file
    6. After EITHER A or B have played it then plays a 4th video which is the same video regardless of choice.
    7. After the 4th clip plays it takes you back to the menu from point 1.
    Any suggestions on the best software to achieve this?

Thanks for any tips and advice

Liam
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    You need a DVD authoring program. Most of the freebies are lacking in features.
    TMPGenc Authoring Works 5 has many features, including a smart-rendering editor, single-layer and dual-layer burning, authoring for Standard-def DVD, BluRay, etc.

Authoring apps require that your source video is properly encoded for the desired disc format.
    DVD (PAL & NTSC): https://www.videohelp.com/dvd#tech
    BluRay and AVCHD (PAL & NTSC): https://www.videohelp.com/hd#tech
    Last edited by sanlyn; 21st Mar 2014 at 10:37.
    Quote Quote  
  3. To add to Sanlyn's list, DVDLab Pro, Adobe Encore, DVD Architect. What you want to do is very common. Any DVD authoring software (above the most basic) can do it easily.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    With proper planning, Adobe Encore CS6 can do this easily. You just import each clip as a timeline and then set up your menus. The end action for each clip can be set to a specific menu or another video.

Of course the disadvantages are that Encore only comes with Premiere and Premiere CC does NOT include Encore.

Brainiac

Edit: smrpix beat me to the post.
    Quote Quote