VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5
FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by Acehit View Post
    ...the reason why I didn't upload this initially is because with a screenshot I can exactly show you what I mean.
    Not always and not even usually. The picture was from an AVS named Yadif.avs, from which one might reasonably conclude that the source was already deinterlaced. You know it's not from the 'source', so why are you giving us a reencoded MKV?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    ok here is the source file, but his is output from makemkv so you might need to demux it. The previous was the output from virtual dub using yadif.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm pretty sure there is nothing you can do to eliminate that ghosting. The video was too badly mangled before you got it.

But here's one trick you can use for double frame rate field matching:

top=TFM(field=1) # top field first
    bot=TFM(field=0) # bottom field second
    Interleave(top,bot)
    Blur(0,1.0).Sharpen(0,0.7)
    In my experience that works better than Yadif, not as good as QTGMC. It's also between Yadif and QTGMC(preset=ultrafast) in speed. You can substitute vInverse() for Blur(0,1.0).Sharpen(0,0.7) to get a little less blurring but also less comb artifact removal.
    Last edited by jagabo; 24th Oct 2013 at 08:28.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks, to be honest its a very minor thing but i'll give it a go, what should my script look like in its entirety? It's unfortunate that some of these old classics haven't been given the justice they deserve.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Acehit View Post
    what should my script look like in its entirety?
    Just for the frame rate restoration:

Code:
    Mpeg2Source("8 x 10 Tasveer sourcefile-001-001_track1_eng.d2v", Info=3) 
    Interleave(TFM(field=1),TFM(field=0)).Blur(0,1.0).Sharpen(0,0.7)
    SRestore()
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    manano, in response to your 'You know it's not from the 'source', so why are you giving us a reencoded MKV?' I am showing you the result and the artifacts that are resulting from the encoding process, of which I am looking for a solution. Since this wasn't sufficient and was asked to provide the source file, and I did this. How else would I have shown you the problem? I can only do this with a screenshot or an encoded sample.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by Acehit View Post
    How else would I have shown you the problem? I can only do this with a screenshot or an encoded sample.
    No, you can provide a sample from the untouched source. Always. You can also, if you like, describe the problem, or provide a sample from the encoded output and the script you used, or just the script you used together with a picture. But most important is a sample from the source. Without that we have no idea what might have been done differently from what you did to maybe fix the problem.

Also, please stop giving us MKVs made from DVD sources. Use DGIndex to cut M2Vs out of DVDs to upload as samples.
    Last edited by manono; 24th Oct 2013 at 17:25.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    That's the best way. And if you need help using DGIndex, ask here or try this quickie guide: https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/359295-Record-without-interlacing?p=2272359&viewful...=1#post2272359
    Last edited by sanlyn; 19th Mar 2014 at 12:39.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    Guys, can anyone help me on this one. I have encountered another problem that is occuring on some of my videos. So far I have processed like 7 or so videos that play seamlessely by the time they are finalised. but some videos are seems to be this unseamless jitter going on in the video, another way I can put is unsmooth playback and I dont know whats causing it. I tried changing the codec and it does the same thing. Now this is only happening on some videos, does anyone know how to resolve this? I have attached both the source and the output file from virtual dub. pay particular attention to when the jeep appears in to the video, it's not playing seamlessly it kinda jumps.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  10. A simple TFM().TDecimate() works with that.

Code:
    Mpeg2Source("original 1-001_track1_eng.d2v", CPU=6, Info=3) 
    TFM(d2v="original 1-001_track1_eng.d2v") 
    TDecimate() 
    Crop(0,64,-0,-68)
    Trim(900,1600)
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search PM
    jagabo, I used this script but its still doing it. Let me past the entire script that i am using. The cropping and trimming I am doing in virtual dub so I don't really need those bits.

LoadCPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\yadif.dll")

MPEG2Source("C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\video.d2v")
    TFM(d2v="video.d2v")
    TDecimate()
    Yadif(mode=1, order=1)
    Srestore()
    Quote Quote  
  12. You don't need yadif and srestore for that clip. There's no field blending. After TFM and Tdecimate you are back to the original film frames. If you want 25 fps just use AssumeFPS(25).
    Last edited by jagabo; 8th Dec 2013 at 08:52.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search PM
    Ah perfect, its all smooth now thanks. Just some questions I have.

1. jagabo, if the video result is jumping as it did in this example, then does this alone tell me that I do not need yadif? Or are there movies that need both yadif and TFM().TDecimate()?

2. Is it best just to be on the safe side to use TFM().TDecimate() on all video conversions? Obviously that would mean using it along side yadif in some cases?

3. Am I right in saying that I tell the difference between field blended movies and non-field blended movies by paying attention to the blur that occurs during intense motion scenes?
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by Acehit View Post
    1. jagabo, if the video result is jumping as it did in this example, then does this alone tell me that I do not need yadif?
    No, you need to analyze what's going on.

Originally Posted by Acehit View Post
    Or are there movies that need both yadif and TFM().TDecimate()?

Normally, you would use either TMF().TDecimate() for straight 3:2 pulldown or Yadif().SRestore() for field blended frame rate converted material. You would not use both.

2. Is it best just to be on the safe side to use
    TFM().TDecimate() on all video conversions? Obviously that would mean using it along side yadif in some cases?
    I think the previous answers cover this.

3. Am I right in saying that I tell the difference between field blended movies and non-field blended movies by paying attention to the blur that occurs during intense motion scenes?

Yes. Of course, blurred frames are a normal part of film when there is high motion. What you want to look for is fields that are double exposures of two film frames. That tells you field blending was used.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search PM
    ok why can't I just use the following on its own instead of adding TFM().TDecimate()?

What does TFM().TDecimate() exactly do?
    Quote Quote  
  16. TFM() creates progressive frames by matching one field from each frame with either the field before or the field after. That leaves you with 29.97 fps progressive -- with one duplicate every 5th frame. TDecimate() removes that duplicate leaving you with 23.976 fps progressive. The two together undo 3:2 pulldown.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search PM
    Ah now I understand! Thank you so much.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search PM
    Pals, can anyone help me here? I have uploaded a sample. Basically for some reason yadif is having little or no effect on this video, pay particular attention between 00.49 and 00.54. As the man dressed in white is walking, the motion blur is more than evident. And also at approximately 00.53 there is a slight judder. Does anyone how to resolve these two problems?

I was told to stop the judder to use the following script, but on this movie its not working.

TFM(d2v="video.d2v")
    TDecimate()

This is the one I use when I don't need to fix the judder

LoadCPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\yadif.dll")

Yadif(mode=1, order=1)
    Srestore()
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  19. Geez, you haven't learned how to cut a video yet? Do you think we need to see 45 seconds of censor certificate and text screens?

This is your 'source? Or has it already been Yadif deinterlaced? If it's not from the source DVD, cut another sample. 10 well chosen seconds will be plenty. If this is all you have, then forget about fixing it. In the process of converting it to 23.976fps, unique frames were removed.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search PM
    Of course I know how to cut a video, what have I been doing all throughout this thread? I just thought the more footage I provide the better you will be able to give me a solution. What I attached before was a result from yadif. What I am uploading here is the source. I have cut it so it's less duration, just skip the credits.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  21. Originally Posted by Acehit View Post
    Of course I know how to cut a video, what have I been doing all throughout this thread?
    Mostly providing useless garbage. Like with your second sample, with the first 45 seconds of a minute long sample absolutely useless. You could have just as easily have made a sample of that last 15 seconds and uploaded that.

This is of especially poor quality even for an Indian film. What made you think Yadif could do anything? It's already been blend deinterlaced from a PAL source converted to NTSC. I think it's ruined and nothing can be done. If you paid money for it, I'd ask for my money back. Is this really part of a retail DVD?
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search PM
    Just as I thought, the source material is too damaged. It's an overwhelming shame that the production of these movies to dvd is done by such amateurs who haven't got a clue what they're doing. You wouldn't believe it, but some indian movies look even worser than this! When they air on tv or viewed on VHS they look far better. Thanks anyway.
    Quote Quote  
  23. ExBlend claims (maybe) to be able to handle this. I've never had any luck with it, and I find his docs incomprehensible. But he's a friendly sort and may even be able to modify his filter for your particular case:

The filter will also deal with similarly blended 25 FPS to 30 FPS video in which case
    the blending would be as below:-

A B C D E # 25 FPS Source (5 blocks of 5 frames = 25 FPS)

A B cb cd D E # Blended to 30 FPS (5 blocks of 6 frames = 30 FPS)

Again, it may be slowed to 29.97 FPS. In this case there will be a repeated sequence
    of 4 good, 2 blended frames.
    You've got three good and three blended, so it's slightly different. You might ask in the thread and you might cut out the final 15 seconds of your second sample to show him:

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=157337
    Quote Quote  
  24. Originally Posted by manono View Post
    Originally Posted by sanlyn View Post
    On a 16x9 display, it should look something like this:

[Attachment 20179 - Click to enlarge]
    Hehe, maybe it should, but it won't because the DAR is 4:3. On a 16:9 display (unless using the zoom) it'll be surrounded on all four sides by a lot of black. Almost all classic Indian widescreen films on DVD are 4:3. Just another way the Indian home video companies screw the consumer.

Edit: Oh, I see you've now cropped and resized it for better viewing on 16:9 TV sets.
    Sorry for the intrusion in this old thread but your observation emphasized in bold by me is true. The company's have the technology and the skilled editors who can deliver excellent Hindi movie DVDs but home video companies are interested in dumping worse than 320x240 on consumers; and, to add salt to the wound they shriek Copy Right!

I had bought a collection of Black-n-White era for a few thousand bucks. The audio and video quality of entire collection is 3/10. Btw, some songs from those movies are uploaded on YouTube. They are not of bad quality as the viewers my think, they are as good as the original from the DVD.

Didn't mean to interrupt.
    Last edited by ConverterCrazy; 3rd Aug 2014 at 23:43. Reason: Additional info.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Yes they should hire manono to do their DVD's properly !

Funny thing - there was a guy that works for one of those Indian production companies that dropped in this forum and said a few things, I can't seem find that thread, but I'm sure manono remembers
    Quote Quote  
  26. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Yes they should hire manono to do their DVD's properly !

Funny thing - there was a guy that works for one of those Indian production companies that dropped in this forum and said a few things, I can't seem find that thread, but I'm sure manono remembers
    I don't, but in a different forum I read some comments by an employee of one of the major Indian home media companies and what he said showed either he was ignorant or lying outright. Neither speaks well for either him or the companies. I just tried to find the thread but couldn't. He said there's no way to take a PAL 25fps film master and convert it properly to NTSC. The thing is, they just don't care. It's easier and cheaper to run it through a standards conversion box and ruin it with field-blending, rather than do it right. So we get widescreen 4:3 versions of Pakeezah, no widescreen versions at all of Kagaaz Ke Phool (India's first Cinemascope 2.35:1 film) and field-blending or even worse (yes, there's worse) for virtually everything.
    Originally Posted by ConverterCrazy View Post
    ... and, to add salt to the wound they shriek Copy Right!
    You should see all the companies making false claims of copyright of my public domain films and film songs on YouTube. Even Shemaroo, which claims to be a staunch protector of copyright, doesn't mind committing copyfraud for videos they don't own.
    Last edited by manono; 4th Aug 2014 at 03:07.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Originally Posted by manono View Post
    I don't, but in a different forum I read some comments by an employee of one of the major Indian home media companies and what he said showed either he was ignorant or lying outright. Neither speaks well for either him or the companies. I just tried to find the thread but couldn't. He said there's no way to take a PAL 25fps film master and convert it properly to NTSC. The thing is, they just don't care. It's easier and cheaper to run it through a standards conversion box and ruin it with field-blending, rather than do it right. So we get widescreen 4:3 versions of Pakeezah, no widescreen versions at all of Kagaaz Ke Phool (India's first Cinemascope 2.35:1 film) and field-blending or even worse (yes, there's worse) for virtually everything.
    You should see all the companies making false claims of copyright of my public domain films and film songs on YouTube. Even Shemaroo, which claims to be a staunch protector of copyright, doesn't mind committing copyfraud for videos they don't own.
    (Can't resist the temptation to share this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jq_zRVcuMT4 from one of the movies I bought.)

I happen to know a beta-mastering professional. He said, for me, exactly that - "you with all your knowledge acquired at https://forum.videohelp.com/ (this forum) can produce better DVDs than the DVDs produced by these home video producers of Hindi movies."

He added "The work of Non-Hindi film industry of South India is much better!"

Thanks for sharing your views.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Originally Posted by ConverterCrazy View Post
    (Can't resist the temptation to share this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jq_zRVcuMT4 from one of the movies I bought.)
    I'm not sure I understand. It plays in the wrong aspect ratio (1.5:1 rather than 1.33:1), although that can be fixed with a tag. And the audio clips horribly. Also, the Moserbaer logo remains although not many bother removing those things. If it's your video, then you're the only other person in the classic Indian film song channels on YouTube I've seen that unblends their DVDs before upload. Pretty soon you might begin to put them back at film speed and get the audio back on pitch, too.

He added "The work of Non-Hindi film industry of South India is much better!"
    I've read that before - that there's actually some South Indian company that produces progressive NTSC DVDs. I haven't seen any, though, and if I had to compare just based on what I have seen, I'd say they're worse. Not only are they field-blended, but the subtitles are often pure gibberish.

Nice meeting you, too.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Thanks.

Haha, no, I did not create that video.
    Also, I don't know how to remove Company logo.
    And, I will never use that kind of audio that jars eardrums of the listener.

I don't upload anything on any web site - barring this VideoHelp. I don't want to get into Copy Right violations. Frankly, I don't understand the Terms and Conditions of uploading a video on internet.
    Quote Quote