+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Thread
  1. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    yadiff.dll has to be loaded with:
    Code:
    LoadCPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\yadif.dll")
    Your Avisynth plugins folder should have the following:

DGDecode.dll (should load automatically)
    mt_masktools.dll (should load automatically)
    sRestore.avsi (should load automatically)
    yadiff.dll (requires "LoadCplugin")
    Last edited by sanlyn; 19th Mar 2014 at 11:36.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by Acehit View Post
    Does this mean in my individual case I have to write a line for every plugin that I want to use?
    Who knows? Test the scripts in VDub and whatever it says is missing (that you already have in your Plugins folder), write a LoadPlugin line for the script. Then save your 'template' scripts so you don't have to do those steps over again in the future.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Guys, Do you remember when I said that Yadif(mode=1, order=1) Produces better results than...Yadif(Mode=1) .

Is there a setting that is higher or more increased that Yadif(mode=1, order=1)?

My theory is that if Yadif(mode=1, order=1) is better than Yadif(Mode=1) than an increased or higher setting will further better the picture.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    yadif doesn't have "higher" settings. They are just different settings that control such factors as output structure, frame rate and field order. Yadif is pretty good and pretty fast and is used by some media players to deinterlace. If you want a higher-quality deinterlacer, then move up to QTGMC. It has over 20 settings and several options you can play with, although most users are satisfied to tweak just the "preset" parameter. Slower preset means slower (of course) but more work is being accomplished. There are 3 sources of documentation for QTGMC: the two best are the html that comes with the download package and the first 100 lines or so of comments in the text of the .avsi script itself. The third source but considerably longer one is the main QTGMC discussion thread in Doom9, but it's not a substitute for the original documentation.

QTGMC requires several support plugins, many of which are standalone filters you can use elsewhere. The best source for the QTGMC package and support files is here: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=156028 . There is a link to download a complete plugins package that includes instructions -- installing them is a no-brainer, but you must read the simple instructions to get the right stuff in the right place. On the doom9 page don't worry about the extra "mods" download for MT modes. That's for later.
    Last edited by sanlyn; 19th Mar 2014 at 11:36.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks for this, I am going to down this avenue now that I have some familiarity with this now.

What is the best preset/setting for qtmc? I mean a generic setting that gives optimum results for all or most videos? I really don't wana be playing around with 20 settings I'll be here all day. Any suggestions?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by Acehit View Post
    Any suggestions?
    QTGMC()#or, for faster results:
    QTGMC(Preset="Very Fast")
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    Guys, I am getting the following error message when I load the script. I googled this to see if I can find a solution, apparently I havent got the correct removegain plugin, but I did copy everything that needs to be copied from the folders, what am I missing here? pls see attached.

the script i am using is:

MPEG2Source("C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\video.d2v")
    QTGMC( Preset="Very Fast", Sharpness=0.75 )
    sRestore()
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	error-message.jpg
Views:	363
Size:	169.8 KB
ID:	20366  

Quote Quote  
  8. You're using the wrong version of the RemoveGrain.dll. See if this one works:
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    Tried it, still exactly the same error message. What's with the remove grain man, there's gta be a way round it. I googled it and it seems to be a common problem. Can't find a solution though. pls see attachment, these are all the plugins I have in my folder. Anything no seem right?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search PM
    sorry here it is.

Name:	plugins.jpg
Views:	322
Size:	257.0 KB
ID:	20368  

Quote Quote  
  11. Sorry, I found that ZIP file of it and assumed it was made from the RemoveGrain.dll I use for QTGMC. After checking the dates for the two versions, they didn't match. I hope this is the right one. Again, I apologize for wasting your time:
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search PM
    I appreciate your help, still no go. same error message. Did you check my filters folder? Does everything seem ok in that department?
    Quote Quote  
  13. Darn. I didn't pay your filters folder much mind, no, as the original message specifically mentioned RemoveGrain. OK, two more suggestions. The first is to get it from the Plugins Package or the Modded Plugins Package (or even the new(er) plugin pack for AviSynth 2.6) of needed DLLs in the first post on the QTGMC page:

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=156028

The other is to try the versions on the RemoveGrain page of the AviSynth wiki until you find one that works:

http://avisynth.nl/index.php/Removegrain
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search PM
    You Don! Suggestion 2 worked! I am running a test now on virtualdub. my goodness is this slow though! It uses up the entire power of my pc!

Thanks a million.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search PM
    hey I just did a screen 2 screen test comparison between qtmc and yadif and I can't for the life of me tell the difference! Unless there is another preset that gives a different output. I used the following script:

MPEG2Source("C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\video.d2v")
    QTGMC()#
    sRestore()

I am wondering whether to just stick with yadif, as its much faster and allows me to navigate through the video in virtual dub.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Whew! I was getting worried. I've been using it for years but have no idea which RemoveGrain I'm using. Yeah, it's slow. If you read the QTGMC.avsi (not the included doc), it gives you the names of the presets and what filters at what settings it uses. Its best quality results and its best settings (meaning the slower presets plus whatever additional filtering you might choose to do) are all by themselves reason enough to get a faster computer if you do a lot of video encoding.

I am wondering whether to just stick with yadif, as its much faster and allows me to navigate through the video in virtual dub.
    Many of us use Yadif for the testing and then switch to QTGMC for the actual encoding. I do use Yadif a lot myself, but for the stuff I care about I use QTGMC. Look for the aliasing on diagonal or rounded lines that you'll get with Yadif but not with QTGMC.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search PM
    manono, do you have the link for QTGMC.avsi? Or which folder is it in, if I already have it somewhere. I'll read it properly.
    Quote Quote  
  18. It's in that same plugins folder, QTGMC-3.32, but without an extension listed for some reason. You can open it in Notepad to read the contents. Maybe it's an AVS and not an AVSI.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search PM
    Bud, I still can't see it. in that folder is sub-folders in sub-folders. Do you have an example of a small test comparison between yadif and qtmc? It looks like to me whatever the difference is incredibly minor and barely noticeable. Especially if you're watching the video from a reasonable distance there's no way you're gona notice.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Someone else might remember where a deinterlacer comparison is. Anyway, in that plugins folder you uploaded earlier is this:

Name:	plugins2.jpg
Views:	326
Size:	128.8 KB
ID:	20372  

Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search PM
    Just one thing, referring back to sanlyns example at #51.

I noticed that in that script he used extension .avi in reference to the source file, but I don't get it because when you import the script into virtual dub it will only accept the file if its .d2v extension. In other words you can't import the script unless you refer to the .d2v file. referring to the .mpg or .avi won't work. Saying that I didn't test the .avi but the .mpg definitely doesn't work.
    Quote Quote  
  22. There are all kinds of source filters used to open audio and video files:

http://avisynth.nl/index.php/External_filters#Source_Filters

And that's only some of them. sanlyn used AviSource to open an AVI, and one usually uses MPEG2Source together with the DGDecode.dll and a D2V project file made with DGIndex to open MPEGs of all kinds. That's well explained in the docs included in the DGMPGDec package.
    Last edited by manono; 6th Oct 2013 at 14:02.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Originally Posted by Acehit View Post
    Do you have an example of a small test comparison between yadif and qtmc? It looks like to me whatever the difference is incredibly minor and barely noticeable.
    With some videos there's a very big difference. See the comparison video in this post:

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/301289-Question-on-de-interlace-and-aspect-ratio?hi...ight=stockholm

TempGuassMC() is an older version of QTGMC().
    Quote Quote  
  24. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I was just about to post that demo AVI, but jagabo beat me to it (again!). Note the panel in the video labeled "TempGaussMC(full)". That deinterlacer's initials are "TGMC". QTGMC is an updated version of TGMC that appeared shortly after the demo AVI was made.

Originally Posted by Acehit View Post
    Just one thing, referring back to sanlyns example at #51.

I noticed that in that script he used extension .avi in reference to the source file, but I don't get it because when you import the script into virtual dub it will only accept the file if its .d2v extension. In other words you can't import the script unless you refer to the .d2v file. referring to the .mpg or .avi won't work. Saying that I didn't test the .avi but the .mpg definitely doesn't work.
    IF you return to post #51 you'll see the note that the script was used after deinterlace and restore. I performed that step separately because I opened the posted mkv using another method that you didn't like. I saved that deinterlace/restore step as a YV12 AVI, then used its output for the script I posted in #51. People often use multiple steps when developing a longer process chain -- why keep performing the same opening lines again and again while you tweak all the the plugins that follow it?

That deinterlace/restore step included a decompressed version of the original audio track, to avoid working with compressed Ac3 audio. The first thing I did was to open the mkv in an mkv editor and save the audio-only as uncompressed PCM (.wav). Then I used the "Step 1" script below to open and join video + audio, deinterlace, restore frame rate, and adjust audio to the frame rate:
    Code:
    loadCplugin("D:\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\ffms2.dll")
    Import("D:\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\ffms2.avs")

vid = ffvideosource(vidpath+"Bol Radha Bol makemkv sample-001.mkv")
    aud = wavsource(vidpath+"Bol Radha Bol makemkv sample-001.wav")
    # #------- join video + audio ------ ===#
    audiodub(vid,aud)
    AssumeTFF().QTGMC(preset="medium",TR1=2,TR2=2)
    sRestore()
    AssumeFPS("ntsc_film",sync_audio=true)
    return last
    # #--- --------------------------------------------- ===#
    # #--- save as Lagarith YV12 AVI for more processing ===#
    Do you have an example of a small test comparison between yadif and qtmc? It looks like to me whatever the difference is incredibly minor and barely noticeable. Especially if you're watching the video from a reasonable distance there's no way you're gona notice.
    You'll notice, all right, especially on TV. Another factor on your PC is that in the deinterlace/restore step you're looking at a video that is sized incorrectly and has the wrong display aspect ratio:
    [Attachment 20380 - Click to enlarge]

The original movie isn't 16:9 (1.777778:1). It was 1.875:1 and should fill almost all of a 16:9 screen. So there's more work to do after the first step. I made two images by running the same deinterlace/restore script shown above, but one version used yadif (upper image) and the second used QTGMC (lower image). You can't tell so much from a still image with no motion. But if you left-click on the images to see them in the forum picture viewer, switch back and forth between the "yadif" and "QTGMC" versions and you'll see that QTGMC has cleaner detail and better edge definition:
    [Attachment 20379 - Click to enlarge]

[Attachment 20381 - Click to enlarge]

There's little one can do with the bad horizontal "wiggles" and judder in the opening shots because the tape was bouncing around in the player. In the second-step script, Stab() calmed most of the vertical projector hop, and other filters smoothed motion and noise somewhat. After running those plugins and then using VirtualDub for the ghost filter and a very low-power scan NeatVideo, I came up with a cleaner and slightly smoother mkv (link below). The linked mkv is 23.976 progressive; adding 3:2 pulldown for 29.97fps would move better on TV, but I didn't tell my encoder to add it. Shadows, color, and some other stuff could use more tweaks. Try it full-screen on a 16x9 display. I used MediaPlayer Classic.

Bol Radha Bol sample-001_QNV.mkv (NTSC 16:9, 40MB) http://www.mediafire.com/?vdu9kh4i936uqmf
    Last edited by sanlyn; 19th Mar 2014 at 11:37.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search PM
    Guys I can't believe what I have just done, I just exported a file from virtual dub and saved it as mkv file! I didnt think this was possible, I thought you can only output to avi in virtualdub. but now that I can now this piece of software can edit and save as .mkv there is no more use for xvid4psp with its million options! Virtual dub is so simple and user-friendly. As for deinterlacing I have decided I am going to stick with yadif. Whilst I haven't gone to the limit with your guys help I have achieved what I wanted to which was to remove the bluring during motion in video and I have achieved that. So thank you to you all once again and now I will begin my task of fixing all my videos.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search PM
    hey I forgot to ask what on earth does Srestore do? what's its purpose? Is it even worth me adding it to the script? I can't remember if I have asked this already apologies if I have.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Originally Posted by Acehit View Post
    hey I forgot to ask what on earth does Srestore do?
    When you have field-blended video, after bobbing it chooses an unblended frame to replace a blended and interlaced frame. It's an unblender. If you work with Indian films on NTSC DVD it will quickly become your best friend if you care about improving their look. Of the classic Indian films on NTSC DVD with which I work, fully 99% of them need to be unblended.

http://avisynth.nl/index.php/Srestore
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search PM
    Ok I noticed that sanlyn used the line QTGMC(preset="medium",TR1=2,TR2=2)

1. Would you say that this is the best general setting for all videos? I am looking for 1 setting I can use for all videos that will just work for all of them.

2. Also does anybody know of a script line that automatically removes the black bars so all your left with is the picture but maintains the aspect ratio?
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search PM
    It's ok guys I've sussed it. What I am gona do is run it through virtual dub without any filters and then put it through handbrake. The good thing about handbrake is that it automatically crops the picture as well as maintain the aspect ratio. Also the denoise filter on handbrake removes the ghosts and glowing faint edges nicely so I'm sorted there. I have decided I am gona stick with yadif purely for the reason that I don't have the horse power to encode with qtmc. Even with yadif my computer will take 12 hours to complete the entire video.
    Quote Quote  
  30. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    The good thing about handbrake is that it automatically crops the picture as well as maintain the aspect ratio. Also the denoise filter on handbrake removes the ghosts and glowing faint edges nicely so I'm sorted there. I have decided I am gona stick with yadif purely for the reason that I don't have the horse power to encode with qtmc. Even with yadif my computer will take 12 hours to complete the entire video.
    I'm afraid you still don't get it when it comes to aspect ratios. But suit yourselof.
    Last edited by sanlyn; 19th Mar 2014 at 11:37.
    Quote Quote