VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Braveheart
    Search Comp PM
    Hi this is my first ever post so I hope someone out there can help me. I have the above camcorder 120GB which when plugged into my computer transfers the recordings as m2ts files. The software with the camcorder is PlayMemories ver 3.0 According to the software I can record to HD Blu-ray disc but I have to have a Blu-ray disc recorder. I bought a samsung Blu-ray burner and tried it out but it does not work as the file size is the same as I used to get when just burning to standard DVD.
    Does anyone know if I have to have a specific Blu-ray burner ie. AVCHD compatible (the Samsung is not) ?
    If anyone has burned successfully to Blu-ray from PlayMemories any advice would be much appreciated.
    Finally an alternative I could try if anyone can help is that I do have Adobe Premier Elements 9 software however I cannot use it to burn to Blu-ray as the Adobe software is not compatible with m2ts.
    Looking forward to any help regards, Rob.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Looks like PlayMemories needs some add-on software:

http://support.d-imaging.sony.co.jp/BDUW/
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Play Me View Post
    Does anyone know if I have to have a specific Blu-ray burner ie. AVCHD compatible (the Samsung is not) ?
    Whether a file is a jpeg picture or AVCHD, it has nothing to do which burner you have. If the AVCHD file/folder is small enough....you can burn it to a DVD or CD.
    I can burn an AVCHD file to a blank DVD with my DVD burner....it's just data.
    Whether a blu ray player will recognize this disc is another story however.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Braveheart
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by smrpix View Post
    Looks like PlayMemories needs some add-on software:

http://support.d-imaging.sony.co.jp/BDUW/
    Many Thanks smrpix this software looks like what i need. I will try it now and let you know how I get on regards, Play Me.
    Quote Quote