VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Ok, so I'm no newbie when it comes to video conversions and DRM stripping. Apparently no software anymore will work (to my knowledge) to remove the DRM from purchased amazon videos that are downloaded to the computer to play with amazon unbox player. I believe amazon changed their licensing verification so that it will not work with wmp anymore and ONLY through the unbox player. I've notice this the past few months and have been racking my brain to find a solution.

Does anyone out there know their new process and how to bypass it without just recording from the screen? I want the original video file unlocked so I don't lose quality. I have full tv series I've purchased & downloaded and nothing works anymore unless it's played with the amazon unbox player software directly. It's quite disturbing because I want to put it on my media server to watch over my home network. Aimersoft, Pavtube, DRMbuster, chewtune, soundtaxi, etc all will not work anymore. I've spent days trying to figure out this new hack and it's driving me nuts!
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    They will keep changing/updating the protection for online video purchases so it's not just worth the time to rip that. Especially if it requires a special player.

I would just buy the dvds/blu-rays if you want to be able to rip and play on other devices.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    It should be possible to use something like Replay Video Catcher, but you'll have to buy it.

Yes, I think I remember reading that Amazon and Netflix are moving away from using Silverlight as their DRM method, so I would expect that WMP would no longer work.
    Quote Quote