VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Thread
  1. Forget that one, the blokes in china and not prepared to wait that long,
    Quote Quote  
  2. Bought this one instead http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160837354878 which is identical but the seller is in the UK so hopefully it works
    Quote Quote  
  3. At least one person said the CVID 1x2 splitter strips HDCP.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I don't have the CVID 1x2 splitter, only the 1x4. But the Amazon.com page that lists the 1x4 splitter also shows the 1x2 splitter and it looks identical to the one you linked to -- except for the silk screening added by the vendor.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Good luck with that. Hope it works for you.

BTW $ky transmits 1080i whereas this accepts 1080p.
    Quote Quote  
  6. They all accept 1080i and 720p. Just like every HDTV. I've tested mine with 720p60, 1080i30, and 1080p60, RGB and YPbPr. I haven't tested 10 bit and 3d.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    They all accept 1080i and 720p. Just like every HDTV.
    That's fine then . I just had that sudden thought why the elgato, which is game capture, was choking on the $ky signal for that reason.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    I don't have the CVID 1x2 splitter, only the 1x4. But the Amazon.com page that lists the 1x4 splitter also shows the 1x2 splitter and it looks identical to the one you linked to -- except for the silk screening added by the vendor.
    I have one of these no-name 1x2 splitters with the blue dot logo. It doesn't strip HDCP.

Which brookey12 may have seen had he gone through the thread linked earlier...
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by vaporeon800 View Post
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    I don't have the CVID 1x2 splitter, only the 1x4. But the Amazon.com page that lists the 1x4 splitter also shows the 1x2 splitter and it looks identical to the one you linked to -- except for the silk screening added by the vendor.
    I have one of these no-name 1x2 splitters with the blue dot logo. It doesn't strip HDCP.
    And with the report from sambir that there's a 1x4 splitter that looks externally just like the CVID BG-550, but doesn't strip HDCP, I guess it gets much more complicated now.

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/334145-HDCP-strippers?p=2271119&viewfull=1#post2271119
    Quote Quote  
  10. But we know that it doesn't look just like it except in the seller's photos.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Even if he can get a splitter that removes hdcp, the OP may not have thought this through as far as the recording of tv programs is concerned (also assuming that the elgato, which is designed for game capture, will work)

He must realise that he can only record what is being viewed on the tv screen either live or from recoding into his PVR. Unless, of course, he is also a closet Corrrie fan
    Quote Quote  
  12. Ok so contacted Elgato and ordered a composite cable,for the game capture HD, i also asked them was there any other cable would i need for it and the reply i had was " I don't know ask our tech support" which i thought was damn rude!! anyway do i need one of these cables as well http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/160792856804?lpid=83&device=c&adtype=pla&crdt=0&ff3=1&f...f13=80&ff14=83 to connect from the composite cable to the sky receiver? ???
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    He must realise that he can only record what is being viewed on the tv screen either live or from recoding into his PVR. Unless, of course, he is also a closet Corrrie fan
    Yes i do realise that i can record whats on the tv, i know its a capture card and not a pvr, and yes it will capture it as elgato told me it will with the composite cable obviously not in HD but lets hope the splitter can do the job when that arrives as well
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    No
    Quote Quote  
  15. but if you look at the cable im buying

it looks like the same input thats on the back of my receiver
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    No. Why do you think you need another composite cable ?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The Elgato adapter is COMPONENT to a/v. It is meant for PS3 not a $ky Box. The connectors on the $Box are composite. Maybe jagabo can explain the subtle difference.
    Quote Quote  
  18. but the inputs looks the same so i thought it would fit so i thought this http://tinyurl.com/omybztf cable one end with the pointy bit would go into the holes of the elgato composite cable and the other end of this cable http://tinyurl.com/omybztf would go into the sky receiver you see, sorry about the pointy bit remarks but best way i can explain it lol
    Quote Quote  
  19. Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    The Elgato adapter is COMPONENT to a/v. It is meant for PS3 not a $ky Box. The connectors on the $Box are composite. Maybe jagabo can explain the subtle difference.
    but it can be used with the analog composite cable from elgato on a sky box they told me and sorry about the reply above i typed it before seeing your reply
    Quote Quote  
  20. Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    The ElGato component adapter can be used as a composite adapter too. Use the red RCA connector for composite. From the ElGato site:

Be sure to set the ElGato software to capture composite. Regular red/white/yellow composite cabling will work with that. But, once again, you will only capture standard definition video via composite -- 720x576 in PAL countries.
    Last edited by jagabo; 8th Oct 2013 at 08:49.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well if they told you, who are we to argue.

You can always order the COMPOSITE cable and, yes, the RCA connectors are the same. The issue is the signal carried down the wire and interpretated by the Elgato but, again, you were told it will work so.....
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I was confused since the adapter you illustrate is different to the one jagabo pictured earlier in the thread.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Ok thats fine so ill need one of those cables then so ill go ahead and order it today
    Quote Quote  
  24. Connect the composite output of the Sky box to a TV and see if you get a picture.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    The ElGato component adapter can be used as a composite adapter too. Use the red RCA connector for composite. From the ElGato site:

Be sure to set the ElGato software to capture composite. Regular red/white/yellow composite cabling will work with that. But, once again, you will only capture standard definition video via composite -- 720x576 in PAL countries.
    Didnt come with one so when i contacted them they said the analog one would be best for me but i might just get the component one anyway for future use or something better to have the full set just incase lol,

So just to confirm then i definately need one of these cables: http://tinyurl.com/pzzjqug to connect the composite cable from the elgato composite cable to the sky receiver is that correct?
    Quote Quote  
  26. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Connect the composite output of the Sky box to a TV and see if you get a picture.
    with one of these cables? http://tinyurl.com/pzzjqug
    Quote Quote  
  27. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Connect the composite output of the Sky box to a TV and see if you get a picture.
    Just found one of these cables http://tinyurl.com/pzzjqug in the cupboard and connected it from the sky box to the tv and put it on channel "AV" and yes it works fine
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I don't do arrogance not deliberatley at least (some here my have another opinion) but I do have a medical condition which sometimes takes over

Best wait for the adapter & cable to arrive and post back if you have further issues.

Do check the hdcp strippers topic as there are some interesting recent posts.
    Quote Quote