VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    have purchased a SONIQ 3D BLU-RAY PLAYER---- have down loaded a movie from YIFI, SISTER ACT and intend to burn a disc using a burn a ware free program, so before I buy any Blu-ray discs what sort should I purchase

Gently please I'm an old dog learning new tricks and to hell with that old saying
    Last edited by kevinshere; 22nd Sep 2013 at 20:49. Reason: CORRECTION
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I suppose you could always look at the reviews at Amazon, Newegg, etc...
    I'm having luck using Optical Quantum but I'm about to try Verbatim since that's all I've ever used in the DVD format.
    I simply used ImgBurn to burn with slightly different BD settings.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    why not buy the movie instead of illegally downloading it ??
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    If you just want advice on which blu ray discs to burn, I would advise using Panasonic, FTI Falcon or Verbatim. You should also use ImgBurn as the burning program, and cut the speed to half the rated speed of the discs.

And you might not want to mention torrent sites (YIFI) in here, lest you get dogpiled.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by kevinshere View Post
    have down loaded a movie from YIFI, SISTER ACT and intend to burn a disc using
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Kerry56 View Post
    If you just want advice on which blu ray discs to burn, I would advise using Panasonic, FTI Falcon or Verbatim. You should also use ImgBurn as the burning program, and cut the speed to half the rated speed of the discs.

And you might not want to mention torrent sites (YIFI) in here, lest you get dogpiled.

don't seem to be able to download imgburn pc wont read installation tried a lot of times --then had to go to downloads to get rid of open and save
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by hech54 View Post
    have down loaded a movie from YIFI, SISTER ACT and intend to burn a disc using
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by zoobie View Post
    I'm having luck using Optical Quantum but I'm about to try Verbatim since that's all I've ever used in the DVD format.
    Tried imgburn but cant download it
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    why not buy the movie instead of illegally downloading it ??
    they might be cheap in the USA -----$ 30 a pop here still
    Quote Quote  
  10. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Did you try the link we have here? Go to the Tools/Software and Downloads section in the left column and search for it by name. Use a link there. If you still can't download it, then you've got bigger problems then we can solve here. You'll need to find someone local to where you live with IT skills to help you.

I will warn you - if you use something else to burn with, don't come back crying when your burns fail.
    Quote Quote  
  11. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Just buy it. No burning problems.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    Did you try the link we have here? Go to the Tools/Software and Downloads section in the left column and search for it by name. Use a link there. If you still can't download it, then you've got bigger problems then we can solve here. You'll need to find someone local to where you live with IT skills to help you.

I will warn you - if you use something else to burn with, don't come back crying when your burns fail.
    Have iit now , downloaded it ok with the one in here thanks for the help
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by zoobie View Post
    all ok now thanks for the help=========
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Just buy it. No burning problems.
    hey I want more than one
    Quote Quote  
  15. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Then buy it and make copies.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Since when has 'video - help' assisted pirates in there crimes and when exactly, can you not be charged as a criminal for assisting this guy ..?
    Quote Quote  
  17. Dude, lay off.
    We don't need your comments.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Originally Posted by RE_MOTE View Post
    Since when has 'video - help' assisted pirates in there crimes and when exactly, can you not be charged as a criminal for assisting this guy ..?
    Very true, looks like dude got told many times to buy it. Worst thing of all it only costs $15.98, and he wants to waste a few dollars on a burnable BD to pirate it lol. Epic fail
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    have purchased a SONIQ 3D BLU-RAY PLAYER---- have down loaded a movie from YIFI, SISTER ACT and intend to burn a disc using a burn a ware free program, so before I buy any Blu-ray discs what sort should I purchase

Gently please I'm an old dog learning new tricks and to hell with that old saying
    Seriously, Sister Act? A 20 year old movie? Doubt you'll even find that in BluRay. Good luck with that pirated download.

Oh, and congrats, you're spending money on a 3D BluRay Player, BluRay blanks for a 20 year old movie that's probably never seen a BluRay release. And before you ask, no it won't be even close to the actual BR release in quality.

I'm going to take a guess that you've hooked up the BR player via composite (red/white/yellow) cables to your non-high def TV.

Enjoy.

Note: A quick search shows it's been released for a you-guessed-it, 20yr anniversary release.
    Have a good one,

neomaine

NEW! VideoHelp.com F@H team 166011!
    http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=teampage&teamnum=166011

Folding@Home FAQ and download: http://folding.stanford.edu/
    Quote Quote  
  20. The blu ray release scored a 4.2 out of 5 for PQ. I wonder how the couple gig download compares to the use of the full BD lol. The only pirates I wanna see are on AC 4 Blag Flag, lolz
    Quote Quote