VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I record many tv programs (raw transport stream). Some I can smart render, others I cannot, and i just dont understand why as they are the same format, same profile etc....

i used media info to analyse a file that could be smart rendered, and one that can't. see below:

https://forum.videohelp.com/images/imgfiles/a/ituwh#0

Can anyone see the difference? can anyone see why i can smart render one and not the other?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Could be the bitrate. The one that works shows as 9666Kbps. The one that can't shows as 10.4Mbps. Might be too high.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Isn't the file on top encrypted?
    Last edited by sanlyn; 21st Mar 2014 at 10:59.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by sanlyn View Post
    That was my thought too. "NDS Videoguard 1/2"
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by sanlyn View Post
    this ones also encrypted but works fine
    https://forum.videohelp.com/images/imgfiles/a/ituwh#2

Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    The first encrypted file that won't render is encrypted with Dataguard. The encryption on the other one isn't identified, but most apps won't violate Dataguard . Try another app.

In the future save yourself some image making and use copy the text and paste here. Might be a good idea to avoid JPG for text images and line art. Try PNG if you don;t knbow how to copy and paste from text or html view.
    Last edited by sanlyn; 21st Mar 2014 at 11:00.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm surprised TMPGENC can do anything at all with Videoguard encrypted files.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Few years back I recorded a movie off Fox Movie Classics onto a DVD recorder hard drive. Recorded and played OK, but
    was marked copy-once in the recorder's HDD menu directory. Transferred to DVD-RAM OK, but the original recording was
    deleted off the HDD. Put the DVD-RAM into the PC and imported the video into Smart Renderer's predecessor (MPEG Editor
    v3). Showed up fine in the edit and preview windows, but only one problem: the vid moved forward for about 5 seconds and
    then froze. Then I noticed that the play and scroll icons in the edit window worked OK (for 5 seconds, anyway), but the CUT
    and GO TO END icons were grayed out. So TMPGEnc Editor v3 would spend 10 minutes importing the whole 90-minute
    copy-once movie as one big MPEG, but refused to process it. Seems they would be polite enough to save you some time
    with a warning at the outset, but they don't.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by sanlyn View Post
    So TMPGEnc Editor v3 would spend 10 minutes importing the whole 90-minute
    copy-once movie as one big MPEG, but refused to process it. Seems they would be polite enough to save you some time
    with a warning at the outset, but they don't.

thing is i can still edit and process it fine. I just cannot smart render it - meaning - the program has to encode the entire thing rather than doing the lossless thing (smart render).

so TMPGEnc can still play with the file, edit it, output it fine - it just wont do it smartly....
    are you saying that in your case you couldnt even edit the file?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    It could depend on many factors. For one thing, expect the unexpected when different forms of encryption/copy-protection have been applied to a video. Also, there are many settings in all smart-rendring apps that affect the ways that rendering engines operate: filters applied, bitrate or other setting changes, etc., or the app could have detected something "non-compliant" in the video and tried to correct it.
    Quote Quote