VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just purchased on line 100 Verbatim DataLifePlus labeled In Jet Printable DVD-r and I noticed something on the label that I have a question about.

The pack was a shrink wrapped bundle, not in a plastic cake box on the label was printed:

Verbatim inkjet printable
    White, hub printable

DataLifePlus

Speed: 16x
    Capacity: 4.7 gb
    P/N: 97016
    100 pieces

That much is normal, but also on the label was this: "Made in China"

The discs read as MCC 03RG20

Are these as good as the Taiwan or Singapore made discs or not??

Haven't burned any yet, but all other Verbatim's coded MCC 03RG20 have preformed perfectly

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    it's possible the quality will be fine. mcc has been made in china and india for awhile. personally haven't run into any datalife plus from either place but at least you didn't get mii discs.

haven't heard of any fakes lately so give them a go and see if the burn ok.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    MCC should be good anywhere, BUT...
    We do have members that insist that India and China made discs are inferior. I'm not saying that I agree with them, but I am telling you that they are here on our forums.

Would you mind telling us where you bought these? I sometimes buy DataLifePlus silver DVDs and mine have always been made in Taiwan. I would be displeased to say the least if those discs stop being made in Taiwan and would likely switch to Taiyo Yuden/JVC instead. I realize that your discs are not the same as mine, but still, Verbatim mostly uses India and China for what I might politely call "lower speed" media, which some might read as meaning a bit less reliable.

I do suggest that you NOT burn these at 16x and switch to 8x or 4x for best results if they are made in China or India.

Just FYI, they probably cost more than what you paid, but to me nothing out there beats Taiyo Yuden's Watershield line of discs if you're going to use an ink jet printer on them.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I've never seen MCC media made in China.
    MCC media is from Taiwan, UAE, and India, and is all the same.
    Never burn 16x media at 4x, if possible. The best speed is 12x and 8x.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote