VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hello all,

I am trying to mux h246 and aac with FFMPEG, When i do try to do this FFMPEG states
    video.h264: Invalid data found when processing input
    I have tried to use YAMB to mux it and it says the it cannot find the H264 start code.

How can I mux the 2 files in FFMPEG.
    Quote Quote  
  2. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    If the elementary stream is corrupted or broken, it's natural that the muxing applications will reject it.

BTW, how did you obtain the problematic .264 video --- did you encode it, or did you demux it from another file?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by El Heggunte View Post
    If the elementary stream is corrupted or broken, it's natural that the muxing applications will reject it.

BTW, how did you obtain the problematic .264 video --- did you encode it, or did you demux it from another file?

I am converting multiple VOB files like this:

Step 1:
    ffmpeg -i VTS_01_4.vob -c:v libx264 -c:a aac -strict experimental VTS_01_4.mp4
    Step 2:
    Create a text file and include the paths and names of each file to concatenate (or "join"). Example file,
    input.txt:

file '/home/jenia/input1.mp4'
    file '/home/jenia/input2.mp4'
    file '/home/jenia/input3.mp4'
    Step 3.
    Now you can use concat

ffmpeg -f concat -i input.txt -codec copy output.mp4
    Step 4.
    Deinterlace
    HTML Code:
    ffmpeg -i input.mp4 -vf "yadif=0:-1:0, scale=trunc(iw/2)*2:trunc(ih/2)*2" -strict -2 output.mp4

So all i need to do is swap out the aac audio, any ideas on what I have done wrong?
    Quote Quote  
  4. why not convert them with mencoder which can load specific titles from a DVD or if for some unknown reason ffmpeg needs to be used use the 'contant-textfile-'trick directly with the vob files
    (also the whole reencoding and after reencoding reencode again to deinterlace seems like a huge mistake if quality is of any concern,...)
    Quote Quote  
  5. you can email the source file to me, elycssoft@gmail.com,
    I am a coder, I like coding, www.elycs.com
    Quote Quote