VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi
    I am running a WD media player through a Panasonic Viera smart TV for playing movies from a hard drive and also streaming Netflix etc. I use the WD player because it is wireless and I don't have the wireless adapter for the TV, and also the WD media player keeps all of my hard drive movies in the folders that I have arranged them into.
    My problem is that when I want to watch Netflix I don't get sound unless I power everything down and restart it ( TV, Hard drive and WD player )
    Any ideas guys?
    Quote Quote  
  2. How is the WDTV connected to the TV?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Jagabo
    Its connected through an HDMI cable, I have tried a couple of different cables but still the same problem. It only happens when I don't use the TV / WD Player for a few hours, once I restart everything it is fine for as long as I want to use it but when left idle for a couple of hours the sound does not work, Its as if something goes into sleep mode and then doesn't restart the sound??
    Quote Quote  
  4. Is the problem limited to Netflix? If you play some local media file you have sound?

Apparently others have had similar problems:
    http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming-Issue/No-Sound-Netflix-App/idi-p/470856
    Quote Quote