Hi @ll!

For my work, I'm recording stuff with WME 9. I use old laptops with Windows XP and a Logitech QuickCam 9000 webcam. I save the data in DVD quality (2000 kbit/s, 640x480, constant bitrate). I save as *.wmv file.

I let the recording run for four hours. However, on some laptops i sometime have the issue that after the session, the video is only 3 1/2 hours long. After finishing the video it says "Session time: 4:00:00" and below that "Video content time 3:30:00".

So i wonder what does that actually mean and how do I prevent it? Unfortunately I cant say what happened to the video because events are random and I don't know if/where a part is missing. The weird thing is that it happens only sometimes (even on the same laptop) and not all the time. Another interesting thing is that all videos appear to be exactly 3:30:00 long, no variation in that respect.

So, anyone got a suggestion what went wrong and how I can fix it. I'd also be glad if there were a way to find out which part of the video is missing. If its just 1 dropped frame each xx frames, its still okay - or if it were 30 minutes cut from the start or cut from the end. But if its random throughout the video, it would be VERY shitty.

I'd be glad if you could help me out!

Thanks
Joe