VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi last night when I watch a movie on my PS3, after 10-15 mins, my PS3 suddenly stopped responding and there is no sounds and some error, I've not noted the error but when I search it on internet, its related with cinavia ps3 fix related error and I've redirected an video that states we can fix PS3 cinavia error by movie fix 2.0.

Now all I ask it will it really work. Do you suggest this method work to fix it, or better go for sony repair centres. I too asked this on other forums but there is no positive reply. So hope I get best suggestion here.
    Last edited by Baldrick; 3rd Sep 2013 at 02:17. Reason: Link removed
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    It's a scam.
    Quote Quote  
  3. @ Baldrick, thanks. Is there any alternative ways to fix Cinavia PS3 error or do you suggest to go for Sony repair centre?
    Last edited by ceceliagibson; 1st Sep 2013 at 03:15. Reason: error
    Quote Quote  
  4. Are you saying you think maybe your PS3 got broken by playing a Cinavia-protected movie? Hehe, before taking it in I'd reset it first, back to the defaults, maybe after unplugging it for about 10 minutes.
    Quote Quote  
  5. @manono I tried all these method for nearly 30 mins and tried some tips on the internet too, but no improvement. Do you know any working method that fix this cinavia PS3 error. Or shall I go for above method? Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by ceceliagibson View Post
    I tried all these method for nearly 30 mins and tried some tips on the internet too, but no improvement. Do you know any working method that fix this cinavia PS3 error. Or shall I go for above method? Thanks.
    Cinavia didn't break your PS3.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Cinavia is a copy protection scheme created by Sony that only shows up on devices that are Cinavia abled. (noted by a tag on the machine or written on the box or in the manual) At present there is no "permanent" fix to this that allows us to safely backup up our hard earned OWNED BD movies we buy. The only way around this is to backup to your computer and play/stream from there with NON ENABLED CINAVIA PLAYERS/equipment or by using a NON-ENABLED CINAVIA BD PLAYER if you can still find one. Search the internet, you'll find about anything your looking for.

PS. Watchout for the next up and coming garbage "fix" movie companies will start using causing the saved info on a DVD and/or Blu-ray disc to "wearout" after so many "plays". (was at onetime called UltraViolet, not sure if it mis-information or been renamed yet) Guess they (the movie industry) don't understand how we like to watch our favorite shows over & over, or maybe they do which is why the money grubbers want us to buy a sep. disc for the living room player, one for the kids, one for the computer, one for... well you get the idea. Guess next they'll try and make you pay your cable bill twice if you want to re watch something on tv.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Just purchased "Great Gatsby". Came with a DVD, BlueRay and UltraViolet. However, the enclosed Ultraviolet brochure alludes to being able to freely download the movie from vudu and flixster. Does this mean that my downloaded movie will self destruct after some time period?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    No, the Ultraviolet copy is yours once you register with them, and can be downloaded once more if you somehow lose your copy. But you'll need to play it back using their approved methods, on a limited number of devices. And the video quality sucks compared to what you can make yourself from your blu ray disc.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Thanks Kerry.
    Quote Quote  
  11. I found a solution. All you have to do is go to time and date settings and change the date. But only change the year as in 2014 to 2015. Your welcome!
    Quote Quote  
  12. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Bad solution to an older thread.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote