VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I want to be able to record a piece of audio into vegas then save out the audio piece or track. The problem is all i can find is to render the entire projects audio, merging all the audio in one file. Vegas movie studio platinum 11.

Any help apreciated, saving out the entire audio for the project is a big pain when I just want to clean up pieces.
    If you want to see what I've done with my videos,
    check out my video work on youtube, http://www.youtube.com/user/duhmez/
    Quote Quote  
  2. set loop region for particular part and then while exporting find check box in settings that says "render loop region only" or something like that

to exclude some audio track while rendering you have to mute particular track, in pro version mute button is located on the left for each track
    Quote Quote  
  3. ...in the amateur version too.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You'll need to define your audio editor in Preferences first, then use the split function, then right click on the clip and "Open with....". When finished everything comes right back into Vegas automatically.

This way, you don't use the Vegas rendering at all. It merely swaps it out in the background. It doesn't make sense to render from Vegas, then render yet again in your sound software.

You can do the same with stills by minimizing Vegas then double clicking the source still and opening in your graphics software, then saving. Vegas will refresh it automatically. Very useful because your timeline remains intact.

This is just one of the little "secrets" of Vegas that propel it way above the rest of the NLE's in terms of intuitive editing. The reason is that Vegas is a native Windows application, and uses the built-in Microsoft Database Server. This is not the case with Premiere, that's why Premiere is so bloated and slow.

Last edited by budwzr; 1st Sep 2013 at 10:34.
    Quote Quote