VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi! First post. A few years ago a bought a 3m mpro150 pocket projector and it was awesome--- to hook up to my computer. But that defeats the whole portability thing-- and my main reason for buying it was to be able to project videos from its 1 Gig internal memory anywhere and everywhere for instillation and art and stuff.

The file types it accepts aren't too limited but I have not been able to get the video function it to work. I've only gotten a video to play on one occurrence a long time ago. I'm trying to figure out how I'm covering my files wrong, and what do I have to set things in adobe media encoder to line up with the specs of the device.

The accepted file types are (supposedly) as follows:

File Container Video Format Audio Format
    *.g3pp MPEG-4 SP, MPEG-4 ASP, H.264 AMR-NB, AMR-WB
    *.g3p2 MPEG-4 SP, MPEG-4 ASP, H.264 AMR-NB, AMR-WB
    *.mp4 MPEG-4 SP, MPEG-4 ASP, H.264 MP3, AMR-NB, AMR-WB, AAC
    *.avi MPEG-4 SP, MPEG-4 ASP, H.264 MP3
    *.mov MPEG-4 SP, MPEG-4 ASP, H.264 AMR-NB, AAC
    Maximum Video Resolution: 720x480 (NTSC) / 720x576 (PAL)
    Maximum Frame Rate: 30 fps
    Maximum Audio Channels: Stereo

---

I have tried converting mp4, mov mp4, h264, mpeg2, mov h264-- I feel like I have tried every friggin combo under the sun to no avail. What am I doing wrong? Also the "mov and avi" support are BS because I've tried playing both on the device.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I use the open source program HandBrake (https://handbrake.fr/) . As long as the video codec says mpeg-4, most files will work. 720x480 for sure with either AAC or MP3 audio tested and confirmed good. Oh, I should also say the files need to be renamed ".mp4" after conversion. I have also used ".avi" files at 640 x 480 with higher bit rates. All of these files are 23 fps.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hahah holy crap, I think it's amazing that you repied to this 3 years later. I actually use Handbrake a lot for work and I never thought to use it on the projector (which by the way, has been collecting dust since I posted this ) Thanks for the reply sir!!!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Yeah .... I decided to post since I was looking for some help with this myself after picking one up for the kids. It works as a great sleep-over movie night. If it's pitch black, the projector works great! Maybe blow the dust of eh?!
    Quote Quote