VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Can anyone help me to hack a new Technika TDVDHD112U I just got from Tesco. It's set for region 2 but I need to play region 1 as well.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Your search - Technika TDVDHD112U - did not match any documents.
    Suggestions:
    • Make sure all words are spelled correctly.
    • Try different keywords.
    • Try more general keywords.
    • Try fewer keywords.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It's definitely Technika TDVDHDU. I couldn't find any info for it online either, but it's brand new from Tesco.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry....missed out the 112........should be TDVDHD112U
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Just some info for you:
    1) Nobody here "makes" or "creates" DVD player hacks.
    2) DVD player hacks are pretty much a thing of the past.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    That name makes me ask - Did you buy this in a country that uses Cyrillic as its alphabet such as Russia, Ukraine, Belarus or Bulgaria? If so then you may have to search in that language.

Note that most DVD players can't be made region free any more. It's the easiest to unlock them in Australia and New Zealand, followed by Asia in general, Europe and North America being dead last.

No name brands often have no hacks because they are sold in insignificant numbers and nobody knows anything about who really made it. But as hech54 points out, nobody here makes hacks. The only hacks that exist are those that manufacturers deliberately put into the players and release the information about through back door channels like having employees join websites to talk about the hacks without mentioning what company they work for.

Our advice about region free players is that you have to do your research BEFORE you buy to be reasonably sure the player can be unlocked rather than just buying any cheap model you can find and assuming that they all can be unlocked.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well thanks guys. Lesson learned. It's not drastically important as I can watch what region 1 dvd's I have on my PC. It was just a thought.I bought it in Hungary, so no it's not cyrillic.
    Thanks for your time though, I really do appreciate it.
    Quote Quote