VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or buy Replay Video Capture or PlayON and record Netflix, HBO, etc! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I was wondering if anybody could help me filter this crappy source. I keep making the footage look worse This is my script so far:
    global MeGUI_darx = 4
    global MeGUI_dary = 3
    LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\DGDecode.dll")
    import("C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\QTGMC-3.32.avsi")
    import("C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\Srestore.avsi")

DGDecode_mpeg2source("C:\WINX_v1\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_1 .d2v", cpu=6)
    QTGMC()
    Srestore()
    Crop(2, 0, -2, -0)
    Spline36Resize(640, 480)
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by beav View Post
    I keep making the footage look worse
    Worse how? There's some real unblended and interlaced sections in there. If you want to unblend it I think I'd do it to 29.97fps:

QTGMC()
    Srestore(Frate=29.97)

If you use the default SRestore setting you get 25fps and jerky playback during the interlaced parts (like that scene in the dining room). And I'd leave off that CPU=6 thing. It's a tough call, though. Big jerkiness during the interlaced 29.97fps parts when doing it for 25fps, or slighter jerkiness, but much more of it, when doing it for 29.97fps. I don't think I've ever seen a source quite like this one.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I agree. The panning is 60 unique fields per second. The character animation is a lower frame rate and field blended. You can't keep smooth motion and remove all blending.
    Quote Quote