VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm having probelms with apparently randon audio sync errors (using tsmuxerGui 1.10.6)
    I was wondering if there was an alternative program to mux to .TS

for info:
    Muxing to mkv works fine but ts muxer goes out of sync either converting that mkv file or when
    converting the VOB's directly and joining them off the DVD

The problem is the same as described in the TS muxer docs for bluray files using mpls where
    it advises use of another file. This however is not an option for standard DVD's
    I have tried every option I can find with the program (like using m2ts etc)
    I have a lot of discs so dont want to have to re-encode audio and video.

for info video is mpeg-2 and ac3 audio 384bps.
    Some of the series discs convert fine - others dont (its the twin peaks disc set I'm working with at the moment but others
    do the same)
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I would try use vob2mpg and then use tsmuxer to join the mpgs to a ts file.

Working with the vobs directly might cause sync issues.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks baldrick but I've tried that.
    An alternative ts muxer is probably the only solution to this problem if one exists - I've tried many many workarounds
    to prepare the files and it always seems to come back to this program.
    Quote Quote  
  4. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    My suggestion is, get the elementary streams with PgcDemux, and then try TSmuxer again.

If even in this case TSmuxer doesn't work correctly,
    then goto 1) ffmpeg (freeware) OR 2) Elecard Xmuxer Pro (payware).
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thanks for the info El Heggunte
    Demuxing doesnt solve the issue so I tried downloading the Elcard trial.
    Unfortunately their software seems to be a terrible bodged affair - I wouldnt recommend it.
    (The demo cant read a DVD or MKV file - crashes if you try - and even confuses its windows on screen when you try something that should work then drops the files you load half way through and cant even playback what you do load correctly - very bad)

I'm now trying MeGui to see what I can do with that
    Quote Quote  
  6. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jack616 View Post
    Thanks for the info El Heggunte
    Demuxing doesnt solve the issue so I tried downloading the Elcard trial.
    Unfortunately their software seems to be a terrible bodged affair - I wouldnt recommend it.
    (The demo cant read a DVD or MKV file - crashes if you try - and even confuses its windows on screen when you try something that should work then drops the files you load half way through and cant even playback what you do load correctly - very bad)

I'm now trying MeGui to see what I can do with that
    FWIW, the Xmuxer Pro uses only its proprietary DirectShow filters, and more importantly (apologies, I really should have stressed this), it's targeted at people who ARE NOT looking for a "one-click wonder". Therefore, no surprise it "cannot read a DVD or an MKV file"

As for ffmpeg, yes, many times (though not always) it does create compliant and proper TS streams, this is the reason why I suggested it too.

As for MeGUI, well, I really don't know if it's capable of acting like a re-muxer only
    Last edited by El Heggunte; 27th Aug 2013 at 09:20. Reason: grammar
    Quote Quote  
  7. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    ANOTHER possibility:

remux the "bad" TS files generated by TSmuxer through TSremux (I still have version 0.0.21.2, FWIW),
    I think it doesn'y hurt to try

EDIT: only now I realize TSremux supports direct MPG inputs
    Last edited by El Heggunte; 27th Aug 2013 at 10:10.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by El Heggunte View Post
    remux the "bad" TS files generated by TSmuxer through TSremux .
    That has worked for me a few times. Worth a shot.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  9. Thanks guys I'll try the new suggestions.

MeGUI looks like it should work but when you unselect the "dont remux the video" tickbox it
    does the remux anyway so no luck there. It also does m2ts not simple ts but I dont think that would
    be a problem anyway.
    Quote Quote  
  10. no luck with any of the options - however I cant seem to get ffmpeg to do anything.
    I'm now trying to use ffmbc with it - could someone say what command line I need
    to convert fred.mkv to fred.ts using this please ?
    I dont want to do anything clever - just to get that to work first.
    TIA
    Quote Quote  
  11. ffmbc -i fred.mkv -vcodec copy -acodec copy -f mpegts fred.ts
    Quote Quote  
  12. Also did you decrypt these properly? Maybe that's the problem with some of the discs ?
    Quote Quote  
  13. many thanks poisondeathray I'll give that a go tonight.

yes they are decrypted ok. I can create mkv and ts files no problems - its just the audio sync on some of the
    discs are confounding me and it only happens when they are converted from mkv to TS - and the only program I had to do that is the otherwise great TxMuxer so an alternative seems the next step in debugging this. On a disc with 3 episodes for example the first
    episode is perfect - then the last 2 go out of sync by 3 or more seconds. It seems to be an episode join problem but I have no way to debug that short of keeping each episode seperate which I'd rather not do if it can be avoided.

Most of my library converted fine - its just certain sets that are being stubborn.
    Quote Quote  
  14. OK- That seems to have done the trick so thanks to all and especially poisondeathray.

I've converted 3 troublesome discs now without any loss of sync so it seems there is some sort of obscure
    bug in tsmuxer.

I'm not sure how to mark threads solved so I've manually added it to the subject line - I hope thats ok.

Thanks again.
    Quote Quote