I'm having probelms with apparently randon audio sync errors (using tsmuxerGui 1.10.6)
I was wondering if there was an alternative program to mux to .TS
Muxing to mkv works fine but ts muxer goes out of sync either converting that mkv file or when
converting the VOB's directly and joining them off the DVD
The problem is the same as described in the TS muxer docs for bluray files using mpls where
it advises use of another file. This however is not an option for standard DVD's
I have tried every option I can find with the program (like using m2ts etc)
I have a lot of discs so dont want to have to re-encode audio and video.
for info video is mpeg-2 and ac3 audio 384bps.
Some of the series discs convert fine - others dont (its the twin peaks disc set I'm working with at the moment but others
do the same)
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 14 of 14
Thanks for the info El Heggunte
Demuxing doesnt solve the issue so I tried downloading the Elcard trial.
Unfortunately their software seems to be a terrible bodged affair - I wouldnt recommend it.
(The demo cant read a DVD or MKV file - crashes if you try - and even confuses its windows on screen when you try something that should work then drops the files you load half way through and cant even playback what you do load correctly - very bad)
I'm now trying MeGui to see what I can do with that
Last edited by El Heggunte; 27th Aug 2013 at 10:20. Reason: grammar
Pull! Bang! Darn!
Also did you decrypt these properly? Maybe that's the problem with some of the discs ?
many thanks poisondeathray I'll give that a go tonight.
yes they are decrypted ok. I can create mkv and ts files no problems - its just the audio sync on some of the
discs are confounding me and it only happens when they are converted from mkv to TS - and the only program I had to do that is the otherwise great TxMuxer so an alternative seems the next step in debugging this. On a disc with 3 episodes for example the first
episode is perfect - then the last 2 go out of sync by 3 or more seconds. It seems to be an episode join problem but I have no way to debug that short of keeping each episode seperate which I'd rather not do if it can be avoided.
Most of my library converted fine - its just certain sets that are being stubborn.
OK- That seems to have done the trick so thanks to all and especially poisondeathray.
I've converted 3 troublesome discs now without any loss of sync so it seems there is some sort of obscure
bug in tsmuxer.
I'm not sure how to mark threads solved so I've manually added it to the subject line - I hope thats ok.