VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi All,

I just bought a Samsung SmartTV, model UA55F640. I am trying to figure out how to share a folder on my PC and use my TV to browse through that folder and open the files (photos and videos). I tried to download stuff like Allshare and Samsung PC Share Manager, and my PC is able to see the TV, but the TV doesn't have a function or app that allows me to see the PC and browse files on it. The TV is able to connect to the network wirelessly, and both are on the same network.

There is no AllShare app online for this model when I searched for it on the TV. When I go to the Menu on the TV, there is a AllShare Settings where I have 2 options: Content Sharing or Mirror Sharing. There is no option which allows me to search for other devices or whatnot.

I'm basically just trying to stream files from my PC to the TV, but I want the TV to be able to browse through the files on the PC and play them, instead of mirroring.

Please help, I really need it. Thank you very much!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Little bit of digging turned up

to access folders from the TV you need to add them to Allshare on the PC (models supporting internet browsing supported)

On the main view, at the top left is a section called Device List, under this is "My Computers Shared Folder", next to this is a plus button +. Press this, and then choose the folder with your media in it.

Afterwards you should be able to access this drive from your TV by connecting to the PC and then navigating into this folder.

Streaming from pc using allshare may not work, use an alternative media share server like serviio instead.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Use google to find your answer,i input How to browse files on PC from Samsung Smart TV? and found a few links right away.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Bjs View Post
    Little bit of digging turned up

to access folders from the TV you need to add them to Allshare on the PC (models supporting internet browsing supported)

On the main view, at the top left is a section called Device List, under this is "My Computers Shared Folder", next to this is a plus button +. Press this, and then choose the folder with your media in it.

Afterwards you should be able to access this drive from your TV by connecting to the PC and then navigating into this folder.

Streaming from pc using allshare may not work, use an alternative media share server like serviio instead.
    Thanks for the reply. The problem I'm having is on the TV end, not the PC, because, like I had mentioned above, I could not find an app or anything on the TV to browse or navigate into the shared folders on the PC.

I'll give the serviio a try once I get a chance. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    I have a PANASONIC DS500 and i can see ALL the network shares created in windows (XP, 7, 8 and 10!): http://av.jpn.support.panasonic.com/support/global/cs/tv/network/netfs/index.html

I thought this was "usual" among TV brands, but i came to the conclusion that IS NOT!!!

I'm now hunting for a new TV SET and find myself puzzled with this!!! I as going for an HISENSE 6800 and saw reports that it DOES NOT HAVE a NETWORK media player!

I don't use a DLNA server, because i simply want the TV to access my remote DATA and not STREAM (or even TRANSCODE!!) any video! Plus DLNA does not support SRT or any subtitle file format.

Are there any other TVs other than PANASONIC that support accessing MEDIA SHARES??
    Quote Quote