VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast
Thread
  1. I have a movie that consists of 4 files that are mpg-2 . I run a s video cable to my big screen to watch my movies. I would like to be able to cut this movie back together so that it is not noticable when it changes from 1 file to the next. is it possible to do a perfect match.
    Quote Quote  
  2. No idea as to "the best way", but here's the lazy man's way:

I merge 352x480 MPEG-2 capture files in Ulead Video Studio 6, chopping out commercials, trimming up the ends and adding transitions (crossfades, fade to/from black, etc) in between the clips, then burn to SVCD with the built-in DVD/SVCD/VCD plug-in. The edits enable me to fit a 1-hour hour episode, or two half-hour episodes (minus commercials), on to a single SVCD, without playing "bitrate games".

Try the 30-day trial version of UVS6 at http://www.ulead.com/vs/runme.htm
    As Churchill famously predicted when Chamberlain returned from Munich proclaiming peace in his time: "You were given the choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war."
    Quote Quote  
  3. I think you missed my point. I would like it to be seamless when watching the movie. i dont want anyone to notice i put the movie back together.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by $ponge
    I think you missed my point. I would like it to be seamless when watching the movie. i dont want anyone to notice i put the movie back together.
    Use TMPGENC > File > Mpeg Tools > Merge&Cut
    add all your movies, you can edit the start and end of each if you want
    Quote Quote  
  5. Does TMPGENC re-encode the files?

I have 2 720x480 mpeg2 ibp files that I want joined, but I do not want them re-encoded...just joined. Is TMPGENC the right tool for this?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    No, it does a stream copy
    Quote Quote  
  7. Sorry to ask clarification...does your answer mean "no- tmpgenc is not the right tool to use" or does it mean "no- it doesn't reencode the mpeg2 so it is the right tool to use"
    Quote Quote  
  8. I dont want anything changed i only want to make my 4 files 1
    Quote Quote  
  9. i'm with $ponge. whats the best program to use to merge SVCD??? I've heard Womble. I also heard bbMpeg, but have only seen instructions to cut with bbMpeg not join. WHATS THE BEST PROGRAM TO JOIN OR CUT THAT WILL NO SCREW THE AUDIO UP??? BESIDES EXPENSIVE M2-EDIT.

THANKS!!
    Quote Quote  
  10. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by pdmath
    Sorry to ask clarification...does your answer mean "no- tmpgenc is not the right tool to use" or does it mean "no- it doesn't reencode the mpeg2 so it is the right tool to use"
    No it does a stream copy, it does not re-encode the movie again, so yes TMPGEnc is the right tool.
    Quote Quote  
  11. but TMPGenc screws the audio out of synch when merging SVCD's!
    Quote Quote  
  12. or are you saying I should encode the files for dvd first, then merge ? ???????
    Quote Quote  
  13. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by bleeky99
    or are you saying I should encode the files for dvd first, then merge ? ???????
    Well you cannot encode with merge and cut can you ?, so the items to be merged are already converted to mpeg.

Make sure the drop down arrow is changed to the type of mepeg you have.
    Quote Quote  
  14. this is what im doing..

i have multpile svcd(mpeg2) files that I'm encoding to burn to dvd-r. If i merge the files before encoding(and yes I pick the right file type in the drop down), TMPGenc throws the audio out of synch. what can I do? and the problem is not just mine everybody else has the problem with TMPGenc but I cant seem to find the right solution.
    Quote Quote  
  15. TMPGENC version 12 has problem merging and cutting mpeg2.
    The result you mantioned is common.

Do anyone know the newer version fixed that, or this is problem
    with VBR.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    When TMPGEnc does a merge&Cut it simply adds your parts together it does not re-encode the movie in this mode, but does process the video and audio separate.

However you have to realize that these Mpegs were not designed to be "edited". Mpeg files only put out one full reference frame ever 15 frames or so, these different frames only encode what changes there have been since the reference frame. If the original movie-part1 has problems at its end then it is possible that this will be carried on to movie-part2 and cause lip sync.

Converting from AVI to Mepeg will sometimes cause an error in TMPGEnc at 99%, these mpeg's would not then be suitable for joining, as the reference frame at the end of the movie is now lost. It is better just to add them both to the layout in your authoring program as two movies, the join will probably not be noticed.

If there is already a problem with the mpeg it will remain. Both parts must be exactly the same, if one is slightly different from the other there will be problems.

Most probable cause are Mpegs done by capture cards, these might be corrupt, those converted from AVI to Mpeg with TMPGEnc will give no problems, provided the original AVI has been scanned for junk frames.

TMPGEnc-2.53, Always use the latest release when possible.

I have never seen the problems you describe, if the original files added are correct.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I use MyFlix v3.0.5 from www.mediawaresolutions.com

It can join 2 or more mpgs seamlessly (without re-encoding or anything).
    Quote Quote  
  18. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by marco_the_boy
    I use MyFlix v3.0.5 from www.mediawaresolutions.com

It can join 2 or more mpgs seamlessly (without re-encoding or anything).
    MyFlix makes them non standard
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have used MyFlix to cut and join mpgs and the resulting VCDs work fine on my PC and standalone DVD player.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by marco_the_boy
    I have used MyFlix to cut and join mpgs and the resulting VCDs work fine on my PC and standalone DVD player.
    Im glad to hear that
    Quote Quote  
  21. just wanted to state for the record that joining/merging mpeg2 clips with the latest Tmpg 2.53 still screws up the audio for those that were curious
    Quote Quote  
  22. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by mazinz
    just wanted to state for the record that joining/merging mpeg2 clips with the latest Tmpg 2.53 still screws up the audio for those that were curious
    Well it does not, well most of the time anyway. Just because you had problems with a particular movie, does not mean the programs function is no good.

What works well for some people don't work at all for others, I guess if we all had the same move with the same bad frames, then we would all get the same results.

I use The merge and cut all the time, sometimes the movie is in 2 parts and producees 2 X 950Mb Mpegs, since I don't want to cut anything out, I join the 2 mpegs into 1 large movie, then split it into 3 !

Never had any problems with Good movies at all, Yes I have had lip sync problems with some, which can easily be corrected with source range and entering a +/- number into the audio delay box.
    Quote Quote  
  23. actually it should be "movies". Older versions of tmpg seemd to have worked better. hell even a regualr factory made vcd edited with tmpg (using the merge not re-encdoing) lost its sync with the cut and merge option. Again older versions seemd better with this, then the current one-
    Someone else on here mentioned that their definetly was a problem with the cut and merge option in versions 2xx and above---
    Quote Quote  
  24. I use a program called "MGI Video Wave 4". It's extremely easy. Sry that I don't know where to get it, came with the PC . It's what I use to make movies with my video games. You can join them exactly, and even make them fade in to each other, like some movies do in changing scenes.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Mirror,
    How long does your one hour movie take in VS6?
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    to join mpeg files in VS6, it takes as long as the mpeg time playback. so, its the first mpeg is 40 minutes long and if the second mpeg file is 5 minutes long, it'll t ake 45 minutes to join those 2 mpeg files as one. i wish there was a faster process.
    Quote Quote  
  27. I've also used the latest version of TMPGENC plus (registered) to merge 3 SVCD mpg's and the audio goes considerably out of synch at the first merge point, regardless of whether I use the Program VBR or SUPERvcd mode.
    Played individually, the video and audio are perfectly in synch in all 3.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have had the same problem, with (I'm assuming) the same movie, consisting of 4 MPEG2 files.

I have tried the following:
    1. Straight join with TMPGenc 2.5xx -> audio out of sync at first join point

2. Demux every mpeg, then use TMPGenc to join the 4 video files, and the 4 audio files, then Remux. -> Entire MPEG is now IN SYNC, but the file is somehow Non-Standard, because SpruceUP refuses to process it. So: no Video_TS folder = NO DVD burn...

3. Demux the compiled MPEG again to .mp2 and .m2v file. Convert the .mp2 file to AC3, using BeSweet (sampling rate set to 192 kbps, 48 KHz). Then use SpruceUP and only point to the .m2v file. Spruce imports and exports correctly. Almost there.... BUT:
    When burning, using Gear Pro DVD, I get a DVD-R that works in my PC, but in my standalone player (which never has problems with any other DVD-R or VCD discs), the movie will not play. It freezes every 2 seconds or so. I can ffwd scan and see everything, but as soon as I let go of ffwd, the movie freezes again...
    My last recourse, is to try to burn the DVD-R with UDF-102 instead of UDF105, as I read somewhere that that might make a difference. Otherwise, I'm all out of ideas.

Anyone else?
    My system:
    Abit Ic7G
    P4 3.0C @ 3.98 GHz
    2x512 MB DDR 500 ram
    WinXP Pro
    ATI Radeon X800pro
    5x120 GB Western Digital ata100
    TDK Velocd 48x16x44
    Sony 8x DVD burner
    Quote Quote  
  29. Ok Merge 2 or 3 mpeg 2 files with TMPGenc (FILE-->Facilities-->Merge&Cut tag [ with this facility you can also mixed video with another audio instead of originla audio from your mpeg 2 files)
    Then ? Use spurgup to authoring, exporting (but please export to FileTitle instead of the DVD bruner) the in the current working folder that you choose from advance>> of this sprucup exporting menu, you will find 2 folders Video_TS and Audio_TS. Inside Video_Ts, all VOB files necessary for a DVD are made together with a .LAY file, delete this . LAY.
    Now go to Nero and DVD create, DVDVideo creating. move all VOB and IFO files from those Spruce Working folder Video_TS to Video_TS default of Nero DVD creating (Remind: the .LAY file in this Spruce Working Video_TS should be deleted beforehand or not choosing to NERO TS_Video. That's it. Burn NOW. Enjoy !!!
    jwsons
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search Comp PM
    jwsons:
    Thanks for your reply, but I've done all of those things. Those are the standard steps to do what I am trying to do. If you look at my post, you will see that none of these things (plus a bunch of others) have worked. I cannot get my video and audio in sync, OR, if I get them in sync in the mpeg2, I cannot burn them to a working DVD...
    My system:
    Abit Ic7G
    P4 3.0C @ 3.98 GHz
    2x512 MB DDR 500 ram
    WinXP Pro
    ATI Radeon X800pro
    5x120 GB Western Digital ata100
    TDK Velocd 48x16x44
    Sony 8x DVD burner
    Quote Quote