VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Installed the latest version of Daum Pot Player and all works well except the sound. When I play back MP4 files the volume has to be turned up to nearly max in order to hear anything. When I use another program for the same video I the sound is normal, e.g. Windows 8 Metro Video or KM Player. I have tried changing the audio output settings from default but in most cases I end up with no sound at all. Any idea what's wrong? No other sound problems noted.
    Daum Pot Player 1.5.39036x64
    Creative SoundBlaster driver 1.01.0049
    My rig:
    Cooler Master Elite 430
    Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
    Intel Core i5 2500K, 3.30 GHz
    ADATA 8 GB DDR3
    EVGA GTX 560 1GB PCIe
    Sound Blaster Recon3D PCIe
    1 TB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM
    P/S: Corsair GS800
    Windows 8 Pro 64 bit
    . . . by Digital Storm

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
    J.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I don't use PotPlayer, but some of the members here do. I'll move this thread to 'Software Playing' as it isn't just a audio issue and you may get more replies there.

And welcome to our forums.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'll move this thread to 'Software Playing' as it isn't just a audio issue and you may get more replies there.
    And welcome to our forums.
    Thank you.
    Also, no sound at all when I tried to play an MP3 music file. Windows 8 incompatibility?
    J.
    Quote Quote  
  4. That's pretty strange as I have no issues in windows 8. Open preferences and try to reset the player.

As for the small volume, check if volume normalizer is turned on. It could be off by default.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    . . . volume normalizer is turned on.
    It was turned ON. I turned it OFF and then back ON, neither setting makes any difference. Maybe incompatibility with Creative sound cards and drivers?
    J.
    Last edited by jseidel; 24th Aug 2013 at 19:14.
    Quote Quote  
  6. It is an internal filter. Thus it may not work with external decoders like lav audio. I believe that it has nothing to do with the sound card and its driver.

FYI, the overall volume level seems to be roughly lowered by 6dB regardless of the settings.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    FYI, the overall volume level seems to be roughly lowered by 6dB regardless of the settings.
    That seems right. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you adjust the Audio under preferences, moving the msster control slightly above 100% will increase the volume and has no effect on your systems master volume controls unless you select that setting at the top. Just play a video with pretty constant sound and adjust the Master volume, give it a couple seconds and the volume should increase or decrease as it plays.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenHunter_22 Aug. 28 23.14.jpg
Views:	3125
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	19774
    Quote Quote  
  9. Make sure speaker settings are correct. For example, if you have only stereo (2.0) speakers make sure that the player and Windows are set for 2.0 speakers.
    Quote Quote