VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. so I've encoded and split the movie I'm trying to burn. I check it on WinDVD and it plays fine. I then load it up onto Nero as an svcd and it seems to go through ok (nero does not prompt me to say that its an invalid svcd file). So, I proceed to burn the movie onto disc. Then try to play it on my dvd player (on my computer). It doesn't work at all. so what did I do wrong? In this webpage's authoring page for svcd's with nero, it doesn't have "cache disk and network files" or the "cache files smaller than" boxes checked off. Should they be? is this possibly the problem?
    Thank you very much in advance for any help you may provide.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Those settings have nothing to do with creation of VCD/SVCD, so don't worry about those, now as for your problem, i'm presuming when you did the actually burning of the SVCD, you used all the default settings in Nero regarding SuperVideoCD creation, and when you tried playing it on your PC (which you mentioned is your DVD Player) what exactly happened ? did WinDVD not recognise the disc in the drive ? did you try playing the disc on a Standalone DVD Player which supports SVCD ?
    Email me for faster replies!

Best Regards,
    Sefy Levy,
    Certified Computer Technician.
    Quote Quote