VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. hi i just wanna know if i can save the youtube videos in psp video if im streaming it directly from the web browser of the psp.
    also i cant stream the video from the web brower of of the console.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    your better off getting a tablet or the ps vita if you want to do youtube on a portable.

Otherwise your best bet is to download from youtube on a computer and then use any a number of converters to convert the h264 mp4 or flv file to a psp format.

Psp has a special resolution that i don't remember off hand - 400x240 or something like that.

Basically you won't really find any videos that are already that resolution unless somebody else made them to be playable on a psp.

So either get a more modern portable unit that has a built in youtube app or download the video onto a computer and use a converter to convert to psp and then copy to the memory stick.

format factory is one such program to convert the file. It has a psp profile in it.

Edit - come to think of it there might be apps if you MOD your psp. (to download directly like you want) But that is a different topic. And that requires voiding your warranty, though at this stage I don't think there are any valid psp warranties left - unless you bought a special extended warranty at a store or something.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by yoda313 View Post
    your better off getting a tablet or the ps vita if you want to do youtube on a portable.

Otherwise your best bet is to download from youtube on a computer and then use any a number of converters to convert the h264 mp4 or flv file to a psp format.

Psp has a special resolution that i don't remember off hand - 400x240 or something like that.

Basically you won't really find any videos that are already that resolution unless somebody else made them to be playable on a psp.

So either get a more modern portable unit that has a built in youtube app or download the video onto a computer and use a converter to convert to psp and then copy to the memory stick.

format factory is one such program to convert the file. It has a psp profile in it.

Edit - come to think of it there might be apps if you MOD your psp. (to download directly like you want) But that is a different topic. And that requires voiding your warranty, though at this stage I don't think there are any valid psp warranties left - unless you bought a special extended warranty at a store or something.
    thanks for the info,i just got my psp unit recently..im still starting to explore it it was just given to me..appreciate the info you gave me..thanks again..
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @sevaa - ok its a "gift" then. If its not new with no warranty you might research modding it. You could google "mod psp" and see what your options are.

I toyed with the idea but I got an old tablet and eventually a newer tablet that met my video needs.

Also you could think about looking to get an android phone used on ebay or something.

I don't know about "unlocking" and that. But if you don't use it as a phone you should by all rights be able to use it just as an android device. Just give it your wifi info and you can do whatever it can do.

You have options my friend. Time do some reading. And possibly budgeting if you want to look into other deals.

Just a note you can get an old generation tablet at under a 100.00 usd online that will do way way more than a psp. And you can get a new one at places like office depot for under a 100.00 now if you check the sales.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  5. This thread gave me nostalgia, because there are alteratives to download from youtube
    Quote Quote