VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. .
    How about media Compatibility of Portable Devices such as PSP, PS3, Xbox. ?
    What are the things that directly and mostly affect the compatibility?..

about below things,

• Max. Reference Frames
    • Max. B Frames
    • Max Resolution
    • AVC Level
    • HE AAC
    • SRT

Especially I want to know about Reference Frame Limit!..

As I know PSP Support AVC Level Main @ 3.0.
    PS3 and Xbox support AVC Level High @ 4.0.

Regarding ReFrames, All support ReFrames Upto 3.
    But can we use more than 3 re-frames, with any setting?..
    how?

With regarding device playback, does max re-frames supported depends on avc level or resolution?
    Also does they support HE SBR AAC and HEv2 SBR+PS AAC audio?.... and SRT subtitles?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by kotuwa
    But can we use more than 3 re-frames, with any setting?..
    how?
    Most likely not. 3 would break most settop players so far as I know. Profile 4 is 3 referrance frames and that is what most bluray players are. (edit - I meant MORE than 3 would probably break a player)

I think your best bet is to forget a minimum profile and do one of two things -

1 - stream to dlna compliant devices and use your computer to transcode on the fly to the given device (playon or tversity for example)

2 - get a settop media player like the wdtv media player.

Option 2 is your best bet. It will reduce your need to convert. The best media players will play virtually any file type you throw at it - though I don't know about 10bit h264, you'd have to research a particular unit to be sure it handles 10bit h264.

But a settop media player is by far the most hassle free option you have. And you can get used ones at a good price at online auction websites.

Just be careful of roku type devices. They don't have very flexible playback ability (codec support that is)
    Last edited by yoda313; 17th Aug 2013 at 21:04.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote