VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. .
    How about media Compatibility of Portable Devices such as PSP, PS3, Xbox. ?
    What are the things that directly and mostly affect the compatibility?..

about below things,

• Max. Reference Frames
    • Max. B Frames
    • Max Resolution
    • AVC Level
    • HE AAC
    • SRT

Especially I want to know about Reference Frame Limit!..

As I know PSP Support AVC Level Main @ 3.0.
    PS3 and Xbox support AVC Level High @ 4.0.

Regarding ReFrames, All support ReFrames Upto 3.
    But can we use more than 3 re-frames, with any setting?..
    how?

With regarding device playback, does max re-frames supported depends on avc level or resolution?
    Also does they support HE SBR AAC and HEv2 SBR+PS AAC audio?.... and SRT subtitles?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by kotuwa
    But can we use more than 3 re-frames, with any setting?..
    how?
    Most likely not. 3 would break most settop players so far as I know. Profile 4 is 3 referrance frames and that is what most bluray players are. (edit - I meant MORE than 3 would probably break a player)

I think your best bet is to forget a minimum profile and do one of two things -

1 - stream to dlna compliant devices and use your computer to transcode on the fly to the given device (playon or tversity for example)

2 - get a settop media player like the wdtv media player.

Option 2 is your best bet. It will reduce your need to convert. The best media players will play virtually any file type you throw at it - though I don't know about 10bit h264, you'd have to research a particular unit to be sure it handles 10bit h264.

But a settop media player is by far the most hassle free option you have. And you can get used ones at a good price at online auction websites.

Just be careful of roku type devices. They don't have very flexible playback ability (codec support that is)
    Last edited by yoda313; 17th Aug 2013 at 21:04.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote