VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello,

I can't seem to find an answer for this and am hoping you fine folks might have some advice. I found a video that was pulled from youtube, but can still be viewed via the Wayback Machine website. I was hoping to download the clip in order to save it, should it not be viewable in the future from the web archive. However, it seems none of the common methods for saving Youtube videos work on WB Machine. When I right click on the video, it states that it is being played with JW player; however, using a flash video downloader (in this case, the firefox Flash Video Downloader add on) does not work. I cannot seem to find a free video downloader or add on that can do the job. Any ideas? Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Link to an example?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Internet Download Manager will download videos from the wayback machine website.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by ronmaz View Post
    Internet Download Manager will download videos from the wayback machine website.
    That did the trick! Thank you!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Could you guys describe in a bit more detail how you used IDM to download the video off of the Wayback Machine.

I have a video that was similarly pulled that I can see on the Wayback Machine and this thread is the only thing in the entire internet that is relevant.

What do you do to get IDM to download your video?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Right click on the hotlink and in the context menu there will be an option "Download with IDM"

Or if it's a streaming video, a button will pop up "download with IDM", push it and it will give you more options

However, it's possible that some content was not saved by the archive, or missed
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm really sorry, but I'm not getting the button pop up, and the context menu has the option to download with IDM but nothing happens when I click it.

The button pops up elsewhere, just not that page.

Are you able to see the button on the page I'm linking?
    Any idea why IDM won't react when I hit Download with IDM in the context menu?

http://web.archive.org/web/20120927020111/http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBt4VdlZLNI&gl=US&hl=en

Thanks so much for your patience and quick replies
    Quote Quote  
  8. No it doesn't work on that one. But firefox's download helper works. Make sure it's updated to the newest version
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    And what if the video I want to watch was deleted years ago, and it won't play when I try to click it on the Archive page? Can IDM still download the video that used to be there?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by SupaGirlSSS View Post
    And what if the video I want to watch was deleted years ago, and it won't play when I try to click it on the Archive page? Can IDM still download the video that used to be there?
    Maybe, maybe not. You 'd have to test it to find out. Try other snapshots (other dates that were archived) as well
    Quote Quote