VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi to everyone,
    I registered here after spending lot of time googling for this job, and I also know that this is millions time asked question. I use many tools. such as handbrake, vidcoder, mkvtoolnix, avidemux and many more,
    the above softwares is only add a subtitle track on video, not hardcode.
    I also know that Staxrip and megui could do the operation, but these are too difficult for me.
    and I also see this thread of Baldrick
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/214768-How-to-add-permanent-subtitle-to-a-video-wit...-virtualdubmod
    but when I open mkv file in virtualdubmod, its crashed, and this message appears. although I exactly follow the steps which is Baldrick describes in his thread.

Click image for larger version

Name:	virtualdubmode.jpg
Views:	339
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	19291

please please guide me Baldrick or anyone for this job. I know this thing need encoding but I m ok with this.
    please guide me with easy step by step.
    I m desperately need this and waiting for easy guide.
    (sorry for english)
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by haroon kahn
    but when I open mkv file in virtualdubmod, its crashed, and this message appears. although I exactly follow the steps which is Baldrick describes in his thread.
    In virtualdub there is the directshowsource filter option that will let you open virtual any video file. It is available in the open file dialog box. - it is a drop down menu in the file open menu.

Or you can try xvid4psp as baldrick suggested.

Edit - you may need to instead use the original vdub and not the vdubmod version. I don't know if that dshowsource option is available in every version of vdub.
    Last edited by yoda313; 10th Aug 2013 at 16:30.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Load the srt into subtitle edit and save as ssa(substation alpha) and then load the mkv and ssa file into mkvmerge and save as a new mkv.Then load the new mkv into handbrake and add the ssa as a burned-in sub and encode.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    that software are amazing, not a single bit loose of quality. awesome. also this Xvid4PSP has built many important utilities.
    the funny thing is, this tutorial I also seen while googling, but don't give it keen interest and thought it was same as staxrip type of difficult. but when Mr Baldrick suggest me in person in this thread, then I read it carefully, and find it just some click operation but encoding like a professional.
    thanks a lot Baldrick.
    job done.
    also thanks for yoda and johnso for their reply.
    Quote Quote  
  6. they should name this Xvid4PSP software "Easyx264".
    because in my views, x264 encoding is most dificult task then Divx/Xvid.
    I said that because this software also have upscale capability. at this time, I m doing a video upscale.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I am replying again and again only for complements.
    zoom His face and see the difference. (I noticed that aspect ration is change, but it upto encoding as you do it)
    normal

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	895
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	19435

up scaled

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	19434