VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi All, I'm new to HD video authoring and have a quick dilemma. I want to turn a video of me and my classmates project into a Bluray disc file (AVCHD), but With my slow laptop specs:

4GB RAM
    AMD E-450

I'm only encoding at about 4fps. What would be the FASTEST (not highest quality) way to turn an avi file into a bluray-compatible one?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by Electrolyte View Post
    You want quick converting and encoding. The authoring comes afterwards. The quickest way? Take it to a friend with a faster computer.

Anyway, while you're asking around your laptop could be encoding. Leave it on all night and by morning it should be done.

And blu-ray discs can use DVD MPEG-2 video. It can still be compatible for Blu-Ray at 720x480. Nowhere have you told us what program you're using or anything about the source except that it's an AVI of some kind. What's the resolution, the codec, the length? What's the output resolution, framerate, etc? None of us are mind readers.

Fastest? Make a 720x480/576 MPEG-2 video out of it doing a 1-pass quality-based encode and author that for Blu-Ray.
    Last edited by manono; 7th Aug 2013 at 23:40.
    Quote Quote