VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    FFMPEG for APACHE 2.4.6 (x64), PHP 5.5 (x64), MYSQL 5.6 (x64) on WINDOWS 8 (x64) MACHINE

I need to install FFMPEG on my windows 8 machine running DRUPAL ZEN custom theme. Can someone tell me where I can get the right dll files for this purpose? If I have to compile them myself, can someone please give me step by step instructions for how to do so? I have searched endlessly for these dlls for days now and I have no instructions for creating what i need manually. I have a windows machine running minGW.

I already tried using the FFMPEG dlls that are out there on teh internet but my PHP-APACHE installations seem to be unable to properly detect the FFMPEG libraries (i added php_ffmpeg.dll to EXT folder, and the rest of hte DLLs to the WINDOWS/SYSTEM32 folder).

I am running the following versions of PHP and APACHE. Thank you very much in advance for any help you can offer me.

PHP Version 5.5.1<br />
    System Windows NT 6.2 build 9200 (Windows 8 Business Edition) AMD64<br />
    Build Date Jul 18 2013 11:04:03<br />
    Compiler MSVC11 (Visual C++ 2012)<br />
    Architecture x64

APACHE VERSION<br />
    Server version: Apache/2.4.6 (Win64)<br />
    Apache Lounge VC10 Server built: Jul 16 2013 11:31:50<br />
    Quote Quote  
  2. I can get the right dll files for this purpose?
    why dlls? Can PHP not trigger binaries?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by enim View Post
    I can get the right dll files for this purpose?
    why dlls? Can PHP not trigger binaries?
    To enable FFMPEG in PHP there is a line I have to uncomment in the PHP.INI file: extension=php_ffmpeg.dll. So to get support in PHP, I think I need the DLLs

Thanks for your response. I appreciate it
    Quote Quote  
  4. I did a bit of searching and found a 32 bit compiled php_ffmpeg.dll here http://sergey89.ru/files/ffmpeg-php/. Not sure if this will help but always worth a try.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by newlife007 View Post
    I did a bit of searching and found a 32 bit compiled php_ffmpeg.dll here http://sergey89.ru/files/ffmpeg-php/. Not sure if this will help but always worth a try.
    thank you so much. I will try that and report back. however, i am working with 64 bit versions of apache and php so it doesn't seem like it will work. Thanks.

I wish someone could jsut tell me how to compile this myself....
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    They did not work. my phpinfo.php does not have anymention of ffmpeg at all!. Thanks anyways.
    Quote Quote