VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Yes I know its an old version but I like it.

I am converting an anime bluray to level 4 h264 with ripbot264 version 1.16.4. Its a tv series.

Most are reporting 23.976 as the fps when the configuration screen loads. However two are reporting 25fps in that grayed out box above the level selector.

Fyi I am converting to 720p cq22 so I can play them smoothly on my tablet.

I will try a newer version of ripbot and hopefully that will correct this. I am however still going to go ahead and encode those two episodes as is. I figure I'll to convert it to 23.976 from 25 after the fact.

But back to the question:

---- How do you manually set the fps in ripbot? -----

It seems to be grayed out and when I go into the configuration tab for the level settings for reference frames and all that I don't see anything for fps.

----------------------

I will keep the ripped disc on the drive for the time being so I can investigate further.

I will go through the selector window again and see which m2ts files those particular videos are from. I'll use mediainfo to see if they are all in fact 24fps which they should be.

Fyi this is a store bought pressed bluray I picked up at bestbuy over the weekend.

Do newer versions of ripbot have a fps configuration screen?
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  2. In Ripbot you can do whatever Avisynth can do, click on properties and then find "show script" and change script ...

or under decimate, there is "Restore to 23.976" choice that uses Tdecimate() in Avisynth, but I have no idea if that is applicable to your case, perhaps not because it is 25fps not 29.97, just info
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by _Al_ View Post
    In Ripbot you can do whatever Avisynth can do, click on properties and then find "show script" and change script ...

or under decimate, there is "Restore to 23.976" choice that uses Tdecimate() in Avisynth, but I have no idea if that is applicable to your case, perhaps not because it is 25fps not 29.97, just info
    thanks ill try that tonight
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  4. If fps is incorrectly detected then you can force proper fps in script

video=DirectShowSource("C:\TEST.mkv",audio=false,fps=23.976).ConvertToYV12()

However if you just want to slowdown fps to ntsc values (23.976) then you should use OUTPUT SPEED option (Assume -> 23.976 ) . But in this case audio must be re-encoded! (DO NOT USE COPY STREAM)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by atak_snajpera
    If fps is incorrectly detected then you can force proper fps in script

video=DirectShowSource("C:\TEST.mkv",audio=false,f ps=23.976).ConvertToYV12()

However if you just want to slowdown fps to ntsc values (23.976) then you should use OUTPUT SPEED option (Assume -> 23.976 ) . But in this case audio must be re-encoded! (DO NOT USE COPY STREAM)
    Thanks for the full script that _all_ was hinting at.

So far as I can tell it is a detection error as I believe it should all be 23.976 aka 24 since its a pressed factory bluray for the USA market.

I haven't gotten to doing the testing on the two episodes that were incorrectly detected. I'll be tackling shortly I believe.

I well let you know how it goes.

Thanks.

Edit - I had saved my jobs from last session that had the fps issue. I went into the two that had the issue and it turns out there is a built in option for fps.

When I go into the picture properties option where you can resize it and crop it and edit the script there is a change speed option. You have to click the arrow buttons to get to it.

There is an assume 23.976 option in the drop down menu.

I chose that for both videos that have the issue.

I would still prefer to have it read the original rip correctly in the first place. I will try again with a later version.

However I have started a new encode with the original settings plus the assume 23.976 option. I have labeled the new files approriately. I still have the originals with the 25fps on the drive so I can compare.

At least this way I will be able to get ripbot to give me what should be the proper fps without having to sacrifice quality by reencoding the improper files I made the first time. These "assume" files will be straight from the ripped folder no in-between stuff.

I actually haven't played the original 25fps converted files to know if there were audio sync issues. However seeing as these are dubbed animes that might be hard to detect if its a minor sync issue. But there are always sound effects and things like that to tip you off even if dialog isn't perfectly synced.

I'll be interested to compare these. And I'll give a newer version of ripbot a shot to see if it misreports any of the videos.
    Last edited by yoda313; 9th Aug 2013 at 21:14.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I just lost all the stuff that I was typing when I hit the back button by accident. Here I go again:

The assume - 23.976 did create two 23.976 files according to mediainfo. I haven't played them or the 25fps files yet however.

So my next deal was to test a newer version of ripbot on the bluray rip. My next newest was 1.17.3.

I opened both videos and both read 23.976 correctly the first time. So I am now encoding both properly without any extra settings, just a straight conversion.

I will have three files for each now. I'll have the improper 25fps, the assume-23.976 files and the true 23.976 files. It will be interesting to test all three. Especially the assume files versus the true files. I wonder how closely the assume script gets the incorrect 25 down to the proper fps.

I'll let you know when I check them out later.

Thanks everyone.

Hopefully that assume-fps will help somebody in the future as its not the easiest thing to find in the older versions.

Again for those who want to know its in the picture properties settings where you see the script and can crop or downconvert to 72op or burn in subtitles. You have to click the arrow till get to the screen with the pull down option for CHANGE SPEED and then you can select assume--23.976 or a few other speeds.
    Quote Quote