VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

Title says it all really, I wondered if there is, and if there is a reccomendation for one or another, software price is not so important, Id rather not spend into thw 1000's tho. But I would just like to find a timeline based editor, like Womble Mpeg Wizard DVD is for DVD's, but for HD h/x.264 1080i broadcast files.
    If there is nothing I will need to make another post about adjusting audio on my files.

Big thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    try out the demo version of vegas studio or vegas pro, i think they still give you 30 days to try them.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. If you only want to cut and join then VideoRedo will be likely what you need.
    You could do quick and dirty cut and join with avidemux if you want freeware but one must cut on I frames using it.
    tssniper may or may not work also.

With either of these, there is no re-encoding if that is the desire (with correct setting).
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi thanks for the tips, im looking at Vegas now so will see how that go's.
    I have Video Redo already, but it doesnt do quaite what im looking for, I will explain a little

I have 2 versions of the same video file they have different audio tracks tho, both have a few small errors or glitches in the recording and the idea is to fit whichever has the best picture quality with both of the audios. The time line would be usefull for locating and correcting the audio's at the errors and get them back in sync. I did it plenty with Womble Mpeg Wizard working on DVDs but HDTV formats are far more tricky to edit with.
    Quote Quote  
  5. The usual suspects: Sony Vegas, Adobe Premiere, Avid Media Composer, FCPX (mac only), Lightworks, or the little brothers: Vegas Movie Studio, Premiere Elements, Pinnacle 16 all work well.
    Quote Quote