VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    First, I'm sorry if this is a duplicate post. I simply can't find one and will either appreciate a link to the appropriate location, or advice on how to proceed. Thanks for reading!

I've been using PotPlayer for a while. It's simply fantastic. One thing I've been unable to do is use my Windows Media Center remote control with it. Does anybody have an idea how to use it?

Thanks in advance
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by cwillis View Post
    First, I'm sorry if this is a duplicate post. I simply can't find one and will either appreciate a link to the appropriate location, or advice on how to proceed. Thanks for reading!

I've been using PotPlayer for a while. It's simply fantastic. One thing I've been unable to do is use my Windows Media Center remote control with it. Does anybody have an idea how to use it?

Thanks in advance
    I do not believe Pot Player allows using a remote control of any kind. As far as I know, it can only be controlled with the GUI's controls or its own built-in keyboard shortcuts. Use Media Player Classic Home Cinema if you want a software media player that can be configured to respond to an MCE remote.

[Edit]Oops. Looks like I couldn't find a setting to configure Pot Player to respond an MCE remote because Pot Player's MCE remote configuration is built in. I just used my MCE remote to play a DVD in file form on my PC. However, not all the keys work as expected. My remote is a standard IR remote with a USB receiver that uses MCE IR protocols. If your remote does not work at all, then perhaps it is not a standard MCE remote/receiver.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 4th Aug 2013 at 13:34.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Ah, that's unfortunate. It's an excellent piece of software. Thanks very much for your reply. If ever I find a solution I shall post here.

Below is a picture of my remote if ever others stumble across this page.

Thanks for the response, unusually_quiet.

Click image for larger version

Name:	New-HP-Replacement-Media-Center-Remote-Control-RC1804929-01B.jpg
Views:	1588
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	19191
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I saw your remote when I was shopping for one on ebay. It has a few MCE function buttons that my remote (Inteset's 4 in 1 Learning Remote) seems to lack, but yours is supposed to be an RC6 remote like mine is.

As I said before, not every button worked as I expected and it would be difficult to control Pot Player with only a remote.

Pot Player had to be running for the remote to work. Pot Plater responded to Mute, the Arrow keys, Enter, Volume, Play and a few others. Pause and Stop did nothing. I looked for a configuration file that I could modify hoping to improve how my remote worked, but never found one.
    Quote Quote