VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a Canon Legria HV40 camcorder and have had no problems in the past to capture video to my hard drive with an IEEE card/cable.
    A few months ago, I bought a AVerMedia A323 Minicard Hybrid ATSC to capture old VHS cassettes. Tonight was the first time that I tried capturing again from my camera. I got this error message. I unplugged all cables to the media card, but the message remains the same.

My system:
    Code:
    Windows 7 Ultimate (x64) 
      2.80 gigahertz Intel Core i5-2300 Multi-core (4 total) Board: H61M-P21 (MS-7680) 3.0
      BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. V17.0 03/14/2011
      C: 160 GB;  E: 500.00 GB J: 2 TB
    Any advice, or should I remove the AVerMedia card temporarily to capture from my Canon?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Have you checked to see if you are using the legacy firewire driver? Another user on another forum had similar problem and his computer had reverted to the other driver when doing some updates.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm pretty sure WinDV only captures from standard definition DV camcorders.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Try HDVSplit
    I love it when a plan comes together!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    or make sure to put that HDV cam into DV mode in the menu if the tapes were shot in DV mode. winDV for DV tape - HDVsplit for HDV tape.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I used HDVsplit and it worked well. The size is as big as the VHS cassettes that I am capturing-1GB for 3-4 minutes. I compressed it with TMPGEnc 4.0 Xpress to load the clips on to facebook in MP4 format, but was very unsure to what size I should reduce it to.
    Quote Quote