VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    When incorporating avisource() in a QTGMC deinterlace script it causes problems - i.e. processing the file with audio included the resulting file is messed up, if I do it without audio the problems don't show up. Using ffmpegsource() instead I don't have the problems.

Others say they don't have this problem that they can use avisource() just fine. It's been suggested that something is buggy with the VFW DV decoder and decoding pathway.

So, how do I determine what that something is and fix it? Using a standard Windows XP Pro install, don't know why this aspect of things would be messed up. If others don't have this issue I should be able to achieve the same state.

What info should I include to facilitate diagnosis?

Thanks for all input.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Switch DV decoders? What are you using now? Try Cedocida if you aren't using it already.

Also try AviSource("DV.AVI", audio=false). Any difference? Ie, same DV decoder but not using the audio.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Switch DV decoders? What are you using now? Try Cedocida if you aren't using it already.
    Have MainConcept DV codec installed.
    Quote Quote  
  4. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by brassplyer View Post
    Have MainConcept DV codec installed.
    According to the respective videohelp/tools page,

Code:
    Latest version:

2.4.16 (January 31, 2005)
    so it's not impossible that this codec is not entirely-compatible with XP Service Pack 3
    (not to mention Vista and Windows 7).

\ Just my 2 cents.
    Last edited by El Heggunte; 3rd Aug 2013 at 07:57. Reason: disambiguation
    Quote Quote