VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have another camcorder to get from a grant received. I can spend around $3000 or a little more but not much more. What camcorder would you get? No real low light issues but I think when you get to this level most do well in low light anyway. Now, we don't have to spend it all if something for cheaper is better.
    Quote Quote  
  2. How about that new Canon Hf G30 or better XA20 (less money left for rest of gear though), + solid tripod, some lights, microphones, batteries, stabilizer.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I wonder if the XA20 would just be the answer. It might give me all I need. I do have a solid tripod. Could use some mics, maybe a battery and some of the other gear. Good idea.
    Are you familiar with the Panasonic AG-AC90. I wonder how these two compare. I am going to do some searches and see although the AC90 is somewhat new.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Take a look here: http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xa-vixia-series-avchd-camcorders/ there are people that discuss those comparisons of that sort. There is even more expensive XA25.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I had narrowed it down to three choices. One was the Panasonic AG-AC90, the other was the Canon XA20, and the final was the Canon XF100. It is really a toss up overall as to which one to get. I don't think that anyone in the class or anyone else around will be able to tell the difference between the AC90 and the other two. I would save a lot of money and I could put that toward something else. As time goes by and we upgrade equipment maybe something better would be in the books but for now maybe the AC90 is the way I go unless someone can justify why something else other than the AC90.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Wow. It has many functions. I will have to do a lot of learning to pull this one off, that's for sure.
    Quote Quote