VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast
Thread
  1. I'm recording games and I have found a solution, it's just not very practical and efficient.

I found VirtualDub and so far, I've only tried interlacing the videos so they're in 30fps but the frames are blended to retain the feel of 60fps.

But of course I get the damn lines, so my solution was to use another program to first upscale the video to say 2560x1440 and then interlace it, then bring it down to 1280x720 to eliminate the lines, but the whole process makes my computer chug and takes up a lot of GBs on my HDD.

And I'm sure quality is lost in the process.

What I need is a program that can blend 60fps to 30fps automatically with no lines and retain the picture quality.

Preferably free software? I'm sure VirtualDub or some other program has the capability, I just can't find it. And I'm not a tech wizard so telling me to edit scripts and code is going to fly over my head.

Thanks. Any ideas?
    Quote Quote  
  2. To just drop every other frame is not good?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by _Al_ View Post
    To just drop every other frame is not good?
    Umm, meaning? I want to blend frames so I'm capturing the feel of 60fps in a 30fps video? It's much nicer and closer to the source video.
    Quote Quote  
  4. You can do that in AviSynth using Merge(SelectEven(),SelectOdd()). Of course, every frame will look like a double exposure.
    Quote Quote  
  5. check QTGMC with Avisynth and its shutter speed "fixing capability"
    http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=160080
    Quote Quote  
  6. I think I said scripts are not going to work with me; I have no clue what to do here...
    Quote Quote  
  7. If you want to use vdub only:

1) video => frame rate => frame rate conversion (process every other frame, decimate by 2)
    2) video=> filters => motion blur
    3) video=> compression (choose compression)
    4) file=> save as avi

This will give you "blurry" results (because they are "dumb" simple blends, not motion vector calculated motion blur) . Or you can try to learn to use scripts and get better results
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    If you want to use vdub only:

1) video => frame rate => frame rate conversion (process every other frame, decimate by 2)
    2) video=> filters => motion blur
    3) video=> compression (choose compression)
    4) file=> save as avi

This will give you "blurry" results (because they are "dumb" simple blends, not motion vector calculated motion blur) . Or you can try to learn to use scripts and get better results
    Honestly I'd prefer another program as VDub saves files in horrendously large sizes.

Also it's limited to what files it will in take, it's very picky on the AVI files, and will only take MPEG-1 files just fine.

I just want a proper interface program that can do this properly.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by Hero of Legend View Post
    Honestly I'd prefer another program as VDub saves files in horrendously large sizes.
    Not if you choose and configure a codec.

As mentioned, AviSynth is the best way to do this properly (although I, personally, would never intentionally blend something). VDub can produce something slightly inferior to what AviSynth can do. Otherwise I know of nothing that does what you ask.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by Hero of Legend View Post

If you use "uncompressed" it does. That's why you use video=>compression

Also it's limited to what files it will in take, it's very picky on the AVI files, and will only take MPEG-1 files just fine.
    You can import basically anything with the vdub ffinputdriver or directshow input driver plugin

I just want a proper interface program that can do this properly.
    "Properly?" A simple dumb blend ? or motion blur ?

Most NLE's can do the the "dumb" blend method e.g. sony vegas, premiere pro , fcpx - they have a "proper" interface

or Effects type programs like after effects , motion , nuke , can do the motion blur calculations

or avisynth (scripting) can do either for free
    Quote Quote  
  11. I can try avisynth, can you tell me how to work it? Tell me step by step what to do with the video file please.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Or is there a really simple guide for newbies online?

Also, are there any programs that can pixel double videos? Like bring a 720x480 vid to 1480x960 and each pixel is 4-pixels big and clear? Could help A LOT.
    Quote Quote  
  13. QTGMC solution:

-download and install Avisynth, this version: https://www.videohelp.com/download/Avisynth_258.exe
    -download QTGMC package, http://www.mediafire.com/download/su7l5jtcobabksk/QTGMC-3.32.zip , unzip and put all content into Avisynth plugin folder
    -download ffmpegsource (for loading mp4 into Avisynth), http://ffmpegsource.googlecode.com/files/ffms-2.17.7z unzip, put all in Avisynth plugin folder
    -open notepad and copy-paste there this script:
    Code:
    ffmpegsource2("your_clip.mp4", atrack=1) 
    QTGMC( Preset="medium", InputType=1, FPSDivisor=2, ShutterBlur=1, ShutterAngleSrc=30,  ShutterAngleOut=360 )
    Save it As whatever.avs and you got avisynth script ready, load that script into some x264 frontend encoder and encode for YouTube

more about shutter blurr with QTGMC here: http://svn.0x00ff00ff.com/mirror/http/www.mediafire.com/su7l5jtcobabksk/QTGMC-3.32.zip...ml#ShutterBlur
    experiment with those variables in script, basicaly:
    InputType=1 ... progressive input
    FPSDivisor=2 means 60p/2 you get 30p
    Shutter Blur=1 set up blur
    ShutterAngleSRC= close to zero or zero means original is sharp (perhaps computer game)
    ShutterAngleOut= whatever , something from 180 to 360, 360 means as if you shoot 30p with 1/30 shutter speed, 180 means you'd shoot 30p video with 1/60 shutter speed , less blurry than 360
    Last edited by _Al_; 30th Jul 2013 at 16:45.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by Hero of Legend View Post
    Or is there a really simple guide for newbies online?

Also, are there any programs that can pixel double videos? Like bring a 720x480 vid to 1480x960 and each pixel is 4-pixels big and clear? Could help A LOT.
    Try simple point resize in Aavisynth
    Code:
    pointresize(1480,960)
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by _Al_ View Post
    QTGMC solution:

-download and install Avisynth, this version: https://www.videohelp.com/download/Avisynth_258.exe
    -download QTGMC package, http://www.mediafire.com/download/su7l5jtcobabksk/QTGMC-3.32.zip , unzip and put all content into Avisynth plugin folder
    -download ffmpegsource (for loading mp4 into Avisynth), http://ffmpegsource.googlecode.com/files/ffms-2.17.7z unzip, put all in Avisynth plugin folder
    -open notepad and copy-paste there this script:
    Code:
    QTGMC( Preset="medium", InputType=1, FPSDivisor=2, ShutterBlur=1, ShutterAngleSrc=30,  ShutterAngleOut=360 )
    Save it As whatever.avs and you got avisynth script ready, load that script into some x264 frontend encoder and encode for YouTube

more about shutter blurr with QTGMC here: http://svn.0x00ff00ff.com/mirror/http/www.mediafire.com/su7l5jtcobabksk/QTGMC-3.32.zip...ml#ShutterBlur
    experiment with those variables in script, basicaly:
    InputType=1 ... progressive input
    FPSDivisor=2 means 60p/2 you get 30p
    Shutter Blur=1 set up blur
    ShutterAngleSRC= close to zero or zero means original is sharp (perhaps computer game)
    ShutterAngleOut= whatever , something from 180 to 360, 360 means as if you shoot 30p with 1/30 shutter speed, 180 means you'd shoot 30p video with 1/60 shutter speed , less blurry than 360
    Did the bolded, I saved the NotePad file as an avs file in the AviSynth folder, and then I'm confused.

You said to load the avs to "some x264 frontend encoder and encode for YouTube", how do I do that? Do I use that with a program like Xillisoft, Camtasia, VDub, or what?

Doesn't help that there's no real AviSynth program in the folder, it's just plugins and what not... Why can't I GET IT like you guys?
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by Hero of Legend View Post
    Why can't I GET IT like you guys?
    Because you've never done it before. As my mother toild me when I was having trouble learning to drive, "Millions of idiots have learned how. If they can, so can you."

I'd first test out my script in VDub (File->Open Video File). It'll throw an error message if something's wrong with it. Post the message here.

I open scripts in XviD4PSP and let it encode into MP4 for YouTube. But there are other front ends for x264 video also. Open the AVS as in VDub.

If you're serious about these game videos, it's best you learn at least a little AVISynth. Also, both 720x480 and 1440x960 will be displayed with the wrong aspect ratio. It would be better for you to resize to some 1.33:1 ratio (if it's 4:3), one such as 960x720 (or 1280x720 if 16:9). Or you can add an aspect ratio tag in YouTube after uploading and let the YouTube player do the resizing (I don't).
    Last edited by manono; 30th Jul 2013 at 17:28.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Don't worry, it must be confusing , it was for me some time ago also.
    Some encoders will load avs script, some not, VirtualDub will load it. Then you have to set compressor (video/compression ...) before you choose Save As Avi...
    Not sure about Xilisoft

Simple x264 encoders that can load avs script are are Ripbot264, maybe TX264 (notsure) I use Megui (do not recomend to start with that one) or just simple BAT file encoders.

You do not need to save that avs into Avisynth folder, it can sit anywhere in computer. If there is no path for that input video within script there must be also encoded video sitting in the same folder.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Originally Posted by manono View Post
    Originally Posted by Hero of Legend View Post
    Why can't I GET IT like you guys?
    Because you've never done it before. As my mother toild me when I was having trouble learning to drive, "Millions of idiots have learned how. If they can, so can you."

I'd first test out my script in VDub (File->Open Video File). It'll throw an error message if something's wrong with it. Post the message here.

I open scripts in XviD4PSP and let it encode into MP4 for YouTube. But there are other front ends for x264 video also. Open the AVS as in VDub.

If you're serious about these game videos, it's best you learn at least a little AVISynth. Also, both 720x480 and 1440x960 will be displayed with the wrong aspect ratio. It would be better for you to resize to some 1.33:1 ratio (if it's 4:3), one such as 960x720 (or 1280x720 if 16:9).
    I only said 720x480 since that's what Wii and PS2 (my only consoles) record at. :P

Okay so I tried VirtualDub as said and got this:

Avisynth open failure
    Script error:there is no function named "ffmpegsource2"
    (C:\Users\******\Desktop\New Text Document.avs, line 1)
    Worth noting the video I'm testing is called "2013_7_26_23_49_19.mp4" which I put into the script.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Originally Posted by Hero of Legend View Post
    Avisynth open failure
    Try with:

FFVideoSource("2013_7_26_23_49_19.mp4")

If that line isn't accepted, then _Al_ can help. FFVideoSource is all I ever use with MP4s. But that line doesn't include any audio. I always extract the audio and work on it separately. I believe using FFMPEGSource2 requires a separate AVSI as well.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Do you have those FFMS2.avsi , ffms2.dll , ffmsindex.exe in Avisyth plugins folder? You have to take them out from that ffms-2.17 folder that was in downloaded zip.
    Also , do you use 32 bit VirtualDub?
    Quote Quote  
  21. Originally Posted by manono View Post
    Originally Posted by Hero of Legend View Post
    Avisynth open failure
    Try with:

If that line isn't accepted, then _Al_ can help. FFVideoSource is all I ever use with MP4s. But that line doesn't include any audio. I always extract the audio and work on it separately. I believe using FFMPEGSource2 requires a separate AVSI as well.
    Nada:

Avisynth open failure
    Script error:there is no function named "FFVideoSource"
    (C:\Users\******\Desktop\New Text Document.avs, line 1)
    Here's the script in case I did it wrong:

QTGMC( Preset="medium", InputType=1, FPSDivisor=2, ShutterBlur=1, ShutterAngleSrc=30, ShutterAngleOut=360 )
    And does the video have to be somewhere specific?
    Quote Quote  
  22. video has to be in the same folder as that avs script (if there is no path for that video in script)
    Quote Quote  
  23. Well it still didn't work. I guess I need to download a FFVideoSource or ffmpegsource2 codec/plugin?
    Quote Quote  
  24. Virtual Dub just types Error that Avisynth returns, all VirtualDub is seeing is uncompressed video serving by Avisynth if things work. This is Avisynth problem, Avisynth cannot read ffmpegsource2 for some reason , Avisynth cannot load that video through that plugin. There is another ways how to load mp4 into Avisynth. You can try DirectShow if you have ffdshow installed. Or you can try DGavcIndex.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Script error:there is no function named "FFVideoSource"
    That indicates the ffmpeg source plugin wasn't found. ffms2.dll and ffms2.avsi need to be in AviSynth's plugins folder.
    Quote Quote  
  26. I can make the vid to Mpeg-1 which VDub allows so maybe Avisynth does without a hitch.

And I downloaded ffdshow and enabled the Avisynth options and the DirectShow VDub plugin.

Trying to open the script when the "Files of type" is "DirectShow Input Driver", it gives me the message:

Unable to get stream duration: hr=80004001
    Quote Quote  
  27. put ffms2.dll and ffms2.avsi in the avisynth plugins folder

download the "vanilla" package
    http://code.google.com/p/ffmpegsource/

http://code.google.com/p/ffmpegsource/downloads/detail?name=ffms-2.17.7z
    Quote Quote  
  28. As soon you import avs file into VD as you have to because of that QTGMC in the first place you have to load mp4 into Avisynth, not VirtualDub. Forget about VD for now, you have to load mp4 into avs script. Try to figure out thatffmpegsource problem first.

about that ffdshow:
    you load mp4 like this, but ffmpegsource is more reliable then directshow
    DirectShowSource("your_file.mp4", fps=60)
    Quote Quote  
  29. You keep telling me to type stuff like "DirectShowSource("your_file.mp4", fps=60", but you don't say where.

So since this is so new to me, I need the tiniest detail, I'm sorry for needing to be explained to so much.

I feel like I'm starting to get somewhere though.

Edit: Downloaded the ffms2.dll and ffms2.avsi plugins and put them in the plugins folder in the Avisynth folder, again didn't work in VD but it gave me a different message.
    Quote Quote  
  30. if you have ffdshow installed you just change within avs script that line that loads your clip into Avisynth , so script will look like this:
    Code:
    DirectShowSource("2013_7_26_23_49_19.mp4", fps=60)                         
    Quote Quote