VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi. I've used avidemux 2.5 (portable) for a long time with no problems although I do also have the 2.6 version (also portable) for the odd file that 2.5 doesn't like. Yesterday, I used 2.5 to edit some scenes from a clip then, deciding the volume was too loud, loaded the new file so as to reduce it by a few Db.

It wouldn't load, saying “a problem has caused avidemux to stop working”. And that's now the case for every video I try to open with 2.5. I downloaded a clean copy of 2.5 but it crashes too. Version 2.6 still works, however.

I've ran ccleaner and malwarebytes. Can anyone suggest what the problem (and cure) could be?

My grateful thanks to anyone who can assist.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Update...

At the same time as avidemux started crashing, WMP was repeating a video every time I played it and I was saving that problem for later. Turns out I had accidentally hit the 'repeat' button and now that I've unclicked it, avidemux is back to normal.

I believe both programs use the same 'engine' so I must assume that avidemux doesn't like WMP being on 'repeat'.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    AviDemux plays havoc on my computer's master volume settings. Changing the volume during normal playback(not adjusting it permanently for the final output file) changes my computer's volume.
    Doesn't stop me from using Avidemux almost daily.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If AviDemux crashes when you load a video,disable Open GL in the options/settings before loading the file. It is a common cause/fix for a AviDemux crash.
    Quote Quote  
  5. AviDemux has always been unreliable like that.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    AviDemux has always been unreliable like that.
    Not with MPEG2 files.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by Vidd View Post
    If AviDemux crashes when you load a video,disable Open GL in the options/settings before loading the file. It is a common cause/fix for a AviDemux crash.
    Thanks for that. But it looks like that only applies to v2.6 as I see nothing similar in v2.5.
    Quote Quote