VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 73
FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,560 of 2189
Thread
  1. What do I disable or enable to the strip from trees gone?
    Ever tried using a higher bit rate?
    2Mbit/s for 1920x1080@50 seems to be too low.
    Last edited by Selur; 8th Jun 2014 at 03:47.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Then why from frame to frame it teleports the strip? Or are You trying to bribe all banal increasing bitrate and a close eye on a manifest error of forming video. We are testing and not to powder brains to each other (circus).
    Quote Quote  
  3. Then why from frame to frame it teleports the strip?
    In your sample: because you used psy-rd and it's broken.
    The developers know about it and unless you start committing patches your best option is to wait till the developers fix the problem.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Why x265 starts with I > I frame (I-I-B-B-B-P)?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Will certainly depend on your material. I could imagine that if your video starts with one completely black frame, the second frame is the first with meaningful content, so it may cost less to start it as Intra instead of predicting it from nothing.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by LigH.de View Post
    Will certainly depend on your material. I could imagine that if your video starts with one completely black frame, the second frame is the first with meaningful content, so it may cost less to start it as Intra instead of predicting it from nothing.
    Well, in that order starts DivX and x265 on all samples (it shows me xmedia).
    Quote Quote  
  7. Why x265 starts with I > I frame (I-I-B-B-B-P)?
    rate control (and thus frame decision) isn't that good/adaptive atm.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Selur View Post
    Why x265 starts with I > I frame (I-I-B-B-B-P)?
    rate control (and thus frame decision) isn't that good/adaptive atm.
    This is due to parallelization of the encoding / decoding? Even Elecard (all HEVC) obey this manner.
    Quote Quote  
  9. a. Has nothing to do with decoding.
    b. parallelization does influence rate control, but I doubt this is the cause
    -> HEVC encoders simply are not that mature as lots of people like to believe (frame decision, rate control and a lot of other basic things are are only roughly implementet atm.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search PM
    Is this the coded order or the display order?
    Quote Quote  
  11. should be display order.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search PM
    v1.1+202-e2ed009d296a introduces Psy-RDO for RD levels 2..4; but without an official "all-clear", don't expect it to be completely "fixed" yet.
    Quote Quote  
  13. does '--psy-rd' work with the latest version or does is still produce artifacts?
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search PM
    I just even built it; when do you expect me to have tested it? Do test it yourself and tell us!
    Quote Quote  
  15. didn't know you just build it.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search PM
    Usually I check the repo in the morning and afternoon, and try to upload a build each time I recognize some important addition or fix, or the stable branch got merged with the default. So any of you can rather quickly download and test. My hardware is not best suited for encoding tests, you know (AMD Phenom-II).
    Quote Quote  
  17. Code:
    x265 --input - --input-res 440x80 --fps 24 --frames 240 --ctu 16 --crf X   --psy-rd 0.5 --no-cu-lossless --output "H:\Temp\x265_13_34_07_6710_01.265"
    with seems to be okay on avisynths 'version()' as long as the crf is relatively low. (x264 with a 6 point higher crf looks worse)
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	version_x265.png
Views:	126
Size:	183.2 KB
ID:	25933  

Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search PM
    The Version script is a clean still. You may not easily spot any Psy-RDO issues with no motion at all. I'd rather recommend "foreman" or the varun samples (Johnny, KristenAndSara, FourPeople).
    Quote Quote  
  19. I know, but the last time even the version() encode was full of artifacts, so that got better.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search PM
    I didn't know that the Version script provoked artefacts too...

The varun samples certainly do. I'll upload new results soon: FourPeople_1280x720_60.yuv encoded with
    Code:
    --preset fast --psy-rd {0.01.0} --aq-mode 2 --aq-strength 2.0
    but as far as I can already see, Psy-RDO does not yet certainly enhance visuals.

And on top of that, I wonder which era the "mode" of the woman is based on; could have been my mom in the GDR in early 80's...
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search PM
    x265 v1.1+223-976dc15ea5ea was a stable-merge again.

Additionally, v1.1+250-1dc27824bde1 contains new features: I/P/B quantizer ratios, and lambda files to exchange tables. Both topics should be considered "advanced, don't change if you don't know it better than the developers for sure".
    Last edited by LigH.de; 3rd Jul 2014 at 05:47.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    All but one of my custom presets are broken since 1.1.

--preset ultrafast --crf 14 --input-res %(width)x%(height) --fps %(fps) - -o "%(tempvideofile)"

...is the only one that works. I'm back to corrupt files. First frame black, 2nd frame good, last frame good. All in between frames are gray.

Normal preset works...

--preset ultrafast --input-res %(width)x%(height) --fps %(fps) - -o "%(tempvideofile)"
    Quote Quote  
  23. I just tried:
    Code:
    mencoder -lavdopts threads=8 -really-quiet -of rawvideo -o - -ovc raw -demuxer lavf -vfm ffmpeg -noskip -vf scale,format=i420 -forcedsubsonly -nosub -nosound -mc 0 "F:\TESTCL~1\test.avi" | x265 --input - --input-res 640x352 --fps 25 --frames 429 --crf 14   --output "H:\Temp\test_16_54_37_3210_01.265"
    and the output is fine.

I'm surprised that:
    Code:
    --preset ultrafast --crf 14 --input-res %(width)x%(height) --fps %(fps) - -o "%(tempvideofile)"
    works for you, since to me it looks like you are missing a '--input',...

-> Did you build the binary yourself? Where did you get the binary from?
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search PM
    @ Selur:

The parameter "--input" is rather optional if the set of parameters is unambiguous.
    Code:
    Syntax: x265 [options] infile [-o] outfile
    __

@ DarrellS:

Without more details about "all the other presets", the sources, the output, and the used decoder, your problem cannot be solved. I would suspect your decoder to fail with some new encoder feature which is only present in any slower but the "ultrafast" preset; but I don't know "all your other presets"...
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    OK, it seemed to not like my input file resolution at 3840x2400. Cropped to 3840x2160 and all presets worked. Looking back a couple of pages though it looks like speed has dropped in newer builds when it was supposed to have increased. I even overclocked my CPU from 2.44 to 3.00 and speeds are still slower. My fastest encode was 3.2 fps with this command argument...

--preset ultrafast --qp 0 --input-res %(width)x%(height) --fps %(fps) - -o "%(tempvideofile)"

This preset gives me 13.3 Mbps at 3.2 fps
    x264superfast gives 11.1 Mbps at 9.6 fps

@Selur, input is right before output... - -o
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search PM
    Don't tell me you still encode with a 32-bit encoder? Would be no real surprise if frame dimensions larger than 2160p exceed 2 GB process memory for a more complex preset than the fastest few.

Overclocking destabilizes the PC. Don't do that.

German proverb by car tuners: "There is no substitute for cylinder capacity. Except more cylinder capacity."
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    No, I moved to Windows 7 64 bit a couple of months ago but it uses twice as much memory as XP did and I can't afford to buy more memory (or a modern day I5 or I7 PC) right now. Too many doctor bills and not a big enough Disability check.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    last build better and better encode "park_joy_1080p50.y4m" become acceptable
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search PM
    Version 1.2 is coming soon™; in the meantime, have v1.1+258-6623f1195baa (most recent stable+default merge) in my MediaFire archive.
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search PM
    Despite a few compiler warnings, I uploaded x265 v1.2+82-6055baa75085 as another merge-with-stable release.
    Quote Quote