VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or buy Replay Video Capture or PlayON and record Netflix, HBO, etc! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I managed to set up a crude Avisynth enviroment in a VM. (see: guide)
    But mainly due to lack of time I haven't played around with it and wanted to know:
    • Does anyone know of some caveats I should be aware of? (If yes, what should I be aware of?)
    • Can someone comment how much slower avisynth processing is when done through wine?
    • Is there a way to use mplayer to playback avisynth scripts on debian based linux?
    • Has someone experience on how stable Avisynth MT is running when used through wine?
    • Do gpu based filters work? (mainly of interest to me are: fft3dgpu and DGSource)

I can get a simple preview (without sound) with avsViewer.
    Encoding is possible through avs2yuv and the encoder of your choice as long as it accepts raw y4m or i420 input via pipe (std::in).

Cu Selur
    Quote Quote  
  2. Is there a way to use mplayer to playback avisynth scripts on debian based linux?
    Code:
    "/home/selur/.wine/drive_c/windows/syswow64/avs2yuv.exe" "/home/selur/Desktop/Hybrid temp/tempPreviewAvisynthFile17_12_28_835.avs" - | "/usr/bin/mplayer" -demuxer y4m -  -forcedsubsonly -nosub -noautosub -noidx -noaspect -fps 25 -cache 20480 -lavdopts threads=1
    seems to work (doesn't work in combination with '-slave' WTF!??!)
    Quote Quote  
  3. I am replying as being an ...., only because I am very highly interested to read conclusion part of your scientific reasearch. I have another project called dipping osx in wine.
    Last edited by enim; 31st Jul 2013 at 10:34.
    Quote Quote