VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I managed to set up a crude Avisynth enviroment in a VM. (see: guide)
    But mainly due to lack of time I haven't played around with it and wanted to know:
    • Does anyone know of some caveats I should be aware of? (If yes, what should I be aware of?)
    • Can someone comment how much slower avisynth processing is when done through wine?
    • Is there a way to use mplayer to playback avisynth scripts on debian based linux?
    • Has someone experience on how stable Avisynth MT is running when used through wine?
    • Do gpu based filters work? (mainly of interest to me are: fft3dgpu and DGSource)

I can get a simple preview (without sound) with avsViewer.
    Encoding is possible through avs2yuv and the encoder of your choice as long as it accepts raw y4m or i420 input via pipe (std::in).

Cu Selur
    Quote Quote  
  2. Is there a way to use mplayer to playback avisynth scripts on debian based linux?
    Code:
    "/home/selur/.wine/drive_c/windows/syswow64/avs2yuv.exe" "/home/selur/Desktop/Hybrid temp/tempPreviewAvisynthFile17_12_28_835.avs" - | "/usr/bin/mplayer" -demuxer y4m -  -forcedsubsonly -nosub -noautosub -noidx -noaspect -fps 25 -cache 20480 -lavdopts threads=1
    seems to work (doesn't work in combination with '-slave' WTF!??!)
    Quote Quote  
  3. I am replying as being an ...., only because I am very highly interested to read conclusion part of your scientific reasearch. I have another project called dipping osx in wine.
    Last edited by enim; 31st Jul 2013 at 10:34.
    Quote Quote