VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Brfore We (I and my friends) get our hands on, We came across some malacious/suspicious code written in assembly language. It raised me the same doubts like What is the use of sql database in web browser? or What is the use of communication protocol over internet in video software? We have mailed the code to the concerned.

Is there any virus scanning software capable to scan malacious/suspicious code written in assembly language rather than considering it as a simple text file?

We looking for two things...
    1) some program that can convert Assembly Laungauge Code into human readable program.
    2) Advanced Assembly Language that not only... not only hard to read, but hard to interprete by any machine too.
    Any suggestion?
    Last edited by enim; 27th Jul 2013 at 09:58.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    If you run the assmbler code through an assembler and turn it into a program (even if you can't run it) and name the output file something.exe just about all virus program should be able to scan it.

What is the problem if you only have the assembler code as source, it can not be executed?

1. You need a decompiler ( for example http://itee.uq.edu.au/~cristina/dcc.html ) but most likely the source will not be easy to understand even as c code. There is no way to turn assembly code inte a higher level language with meaningfull function names or variables.

2. What do you mean? In general out of context assembly code is hard to understand even for trained professionals. How can code be hard to interpret my a computer? Either it runs or it does not run....
    Quote Quote  
  3. @fvc
    Thanks. I really appreciate.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!