VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a tablet with a micro usb.
    If I buy an extra cable making both ends of the cable a micro usb – one end connected to the tablet and the other end to the camera.
    Is it possible to download the pictures direct to the tablet from the camera?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    if tablet has host usb port it should see the cameras memory card as external storage & you can transfer from card, if you want to take photo with camera & have it save to tablet i dont think it will
    Quote Quote  
  3. If your tablet has host support then just get an OTG cable. This cable plugs into the micro USB port and gives you a standard USB port like you would find on a PC. You can then plug in cameras, flash drives, mice, keyboards, game controllers, etc. OTG cables can be purchased for as little as $2 on eBay.
    Quote Quote  
  4. You didn't say what kind of camera. Some SD cameras need a firewire connection between camera and computer. Not sure that kind would work with your tablet.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    all the tablets i've used are non-host usb ports. they can hook up to a host like a computer but not initiate a usb connection.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by aedipuss
    all the tablets i've used are non-host usb ports. they can hook up to a host like a computer but not initiate a usb connection
    What version of android? Or is it an apple?

Android 4 ICS at least has the on-the-go feature. I don't know what apple can do in that department. And I don't know what the earliest version of android supports otg either.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  7. It is a usb-camera. I will try to buy an OTG-cable to connect the cables from camera and the cable from tablet which by the way has android 4.
    Should work with the tablet and also the phone as per the specifications on internet.
    This seems to be a smart solution.

I must tell you that I had great problems with my camera on a long trip with no access to a pc. I tried to make backup on the tablet and phone through putting the micro-sd-card from camera to tablet. It was however very timeconsuming with the big videofiles and pulling out and in the micro-sd so I could not backup all files. When at home I had to use about 50 hours to recover all files on the camera-card which were there but not readable before formatting and recovery.
    Thank you so much for all the help
    Quote Quote