VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    When i record my gameplay from my PS3 the fileformat is in .ts and when i play a lets say 30 second video everything gets blury/screen tear.

Im using the Software: Hauppauge Capture (downloaded from their site). When i used the software that came with the PVR, Showbis, the recorded material was in AVCHD and was playable. But i cant use Showbis anymore (long story) and Hauppauge Capture is an improvement on Showbis acording to the Hauppauge company and its a much better program overall. In options i dont think i can change so it captures AVCHD footage,

Ive tried a program called tsmuxer to convert the .ts file but the coverted file still has the screentear/blur...

any help guys?
    Last edited by kniben; 24th Jul 2013 at 07:14.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I have the Colossus which uses the same chipset and I use Showbiz with that. Can you not just reinstall Showbiz from the install DVD that came with your HDPVR 2? It is possible to buy Showbiz from Arcsoft, but I have never tried doing that so I don't know how different the commercial version is from what comes with the device. It is also possible to use WinTV to record if you want to try that.

Can you record in M2TS format instead of TS? I have found that TS works best on the Colossus but maybe M2TS would be OK for you. I don't recommend trying MP4 as we've had a lot of reports of audio sync issues when recording to that format.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Upload a sample. I suspect there's nothing wrong with the files. The problem is in your player.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well about Showbiz, I have tried reinstalling it 100 times but it cant connect with my device.... but now i just care about Hauppauge capture which should work..
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  5. The problem is in the file -- it's corrupt. Something isn't working right on your system. Attached is a sample from the HD PVR 2 that's not corrupt (trimmed from a longer sample with VideoRedo).
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by jagabo; 24th Jul 2013 at 09:42.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    so its my softwares foult its corrupt?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    But i dont get it, its a program from their web site, it should work... Its made for using with PS3 and Xbox.... damn company
    Quote Quote  
  8. If you haven't tried it yet you could try running HWCLEAR from the install cd and start all over. You may find some answers here: http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/forum/
    Last edited by hudsonf; 24th Jul 2013 at 16:51.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    but i kinda like the Capture software, dont wanna go back to Showbiz, plus Hauppauge Capture software got streaming option in the program

how do i get it to work wit my current software?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    you did not fill in your computer details nor did you give us them in this discussion. so, this could be a cpu resource issue with the capture software. these days, software suites are bloaty beyound necessity. i've been searching for a simple (tiny) capture app for the hdpvr since i purchased it. never found one, no matter how hard i looked, so i finally was able to build my own though still in progress.

however, in your case..have you tried graphedit ? it is very, very lightweight. i would suggest trying that and see if the issue goes away. if it does, then you have your answer.

also, another part to consider (re your capture glitches) in looking at is the build-in NR filter on the hauppause hdpvr. there are adjustments you can make to the default param values. try lowering them till sympton goes away, maybe. certain onscreen graphics cause problems during capturing that causes momentary blackouts or glithes during capturing. for instance, when i capture the disney channel tv series, jessie, the opening theme consists of a mixture of video and cartoon/animation and cause havic with the video, it goes cookoo. sometimes my captures contain this phenomina and other times it doesn't. it could be the NR filter behaves badly during certain field-reverse footage or just the NR values too high. but i don't know for certain. i would consider looking into that if you can't find anything else to try.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Win 7 Ultimate (64)

Nvidia GTX-560 ti

AMD athlon X4 635 -- 3,2 MHz

ASrock n68c-s ucc ddr3 1600

1 TB HDD (much space left)

6GB ddr3 memory
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    what is NR btw?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    nr=noise reduction

the deault values in hdpvr are "3" for both luma and chroma. i only know you can change these two parameters when using graphedit/graphstudio app. didn't see them in total media or other apps/suites that comes with the pvr.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM

the options, all there is
    Quote Quote  
  15. Try the "No video" option.
    Quote Quote  
  16. use xsplit to record with as it has tones other features too like, image overlay, add-in your webcam, brightness and contrast control of your video image, and the file stores as mp4. this should help you out.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    how do i use Xplit with the HDPVR 2?
    Quote Quote  
  18. in the bottom left hand corner select add----add---add camera----hauppauge siena video cature, then stretch it to fit the canvas. under tools---setting---- general--- near then bottom you should be add what folder your videos goto. under braodcast---local recording should see a settings emblem next to it click to adjust some extra setting like video quality. i have the paid for version so some settings locations maybe else where don't panic just look around. and if the local record isn't under broadcast just add it.

*click image then click the the new image again to zoom
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	xsplit helper.png
Views:	419
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	19040  

Click image for larger version

Name:	sxplit helpper 2.png
Views:	390
Size:	158.6 KB
ID:	19041  

Name:	sxplit helpper 3.png
Views:	458
Size:	287.8 KB
ID:	19042  

Name:	sxplit helpper 4.png
Views:	428
Size:	383.5 KB
ID:	19043  

Name:	sxplit helpper 5.png
Views:	440
Size:	270.6 KB
ID:	19044  

Last edited by DARR-of_the-DEAD; 26th Jul 2013 at 16:20.
    Quote Quote  
  19. as for your previous recording if you can get them to play in Hauppauge capture or anything else use the region capture and let xsplit re-record the video

*click image then click the the new image again to zoom

Name:	sxplit helpper 6.png
Views:	419
Size:	1.15 MB
ID:	19045  

Name:	xsplit helper 7.png
Views:	480
Size:	1.11 MB
ID:	19046  

Name:	xsplit helper 8.png
Views:	434
Size:	1.11 MB
ID:	19047  

Name:	xsplit helper 9.png
Views:	481
Size:	2.10 MB
ID:	19048  

Quote Quote  
  20. oh yeah almost forgot if your video image is dark you can right click on your source and adjust color settings
    Quote Quote  
  21. ..

Name:	xsplit helper 0.png
Views:	509
Size:	203.0 KB
ID:	19050  

Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Try the format M2Ts, also if you're getting blur etc it might be an older version of the hauppauge capture. First unistall the programme you're using to record etc if you don't it will cause even more issues. then go here http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/site/capture/ download the latest version. I've had the same issue with this and it's not nice it's rather annoying so make sure you're updated to avoid any issues.

Also contact there support if it continues to happen, they've got trained people who know how to fix this step by step.

http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/site/contact/contact_us.html

hope you fix the issue.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by kniben View Post
    Well about Showbiz, I have tried reinstalling it 100 times but it cant connect with my device.... but now i just care about Hauppauge capture which should work..
    kniben dose that same problem show up in with Showbiz as well?
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    read my first post ^
    Quote Quote  
  25. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    read my first post ^
    I get your frustration, but in this particular case you would have done well to have come up with a better answer. SHS is The Man when it comes to Hauppauge issues.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    read my first post ^
    All I see is "cant use Showbis anymore (long story)" and then "but it cant connect with my device" which is what? that really not much of an answer to clue me in to helping fig out what going on here but if where I was base this on your one clip you upload it look like a hardware problem.
    But I like you to test one other apps that called capture4me see if it also dose the same thing, if you can't showbiz to work if that what your are saying.
    Pleases also try diff system just in case there some goof up on your system.
    Don't worry about the diff formats and there are con's and pro's with showbiz vs. hauppauge capture tool.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Originally Posted by SHS View Post
    read my first post ^
    All I see is "cant use Showbis anymore (long story)" and then "but it cant connect with my device"
    That's why I suggested starting over. I think something didn't install correctly. Updating or downgrading the driver may help.
    Quote Quote  
  28. i have the same device acrsoft showbiz doesn't seem to work correctly for me on my window 7 64-bit mobo., but works fine on my on my windows7 32-bit mobo. Hauppauge Capture works on both no issues nad is vary good. i have xsplit too on my win7 64-bit mobo too no issues.(haven't try it on my 32-bit mobo). fyi even though showbiz doesn't work correctly on my 64-bit mobo i can still import videos into and use it editing with out any issues even though there is better editing software out there.

please keep in mind that i was using only the current drivers and software updates.
    kniben you maybe able to use previous driver and software before the updates.

did xsplit working for your current recordings?
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    read my first post ^
    I get your frustration, but in this particular case you would have done well to have come up with a better answer. SHS is The Man when it comes to Hauppauge issues.
    from my first post: "When i used the software that came with the PVR, Showbis, the recorded material was in AVCHD and was playable"
    Quote Quote