VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What kind of PC, monitor and other devices are needed?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Is this some sort of joke or game I'm not understanding?
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/357599-What-s-needed-to-watch-3d-Blu-ray-movies
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    No, it is not a joke!!!

The post you refer is for watching BD 3D on a TV, mine is for PC guy, please pay attention!!!

Or do you think it is same?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Pretty basic answer...You will need a graphic card capable of producing 3D, a monitor capable of displaying 3D and software capable of producing 3D and glasses. It's not worth the trouble and hassle as you will soon tire of getting the headaches.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by TreeTops View Post
    Pretty basic answer...You will need a graphic card capable of producing 3D, a monitor capable of displaying 3D and software capable of producing 3D and glasses. It's not worth the trouble and hassle as you will soon tire of getting the headaches.
    Thanks TreeTops!

It is not for watching BD movies and so on, but for small short videos and even 3D photos on the NET!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by fjmr View Post
    It is not for watching BD movies and so on, but for small short videos and even 3D photos on the NET!
    You will have to check the hardware requirements for the software needed to view the short 3D on-line videos and photographs you want to see, but I would imagine a very fast broadband Internet connection is one of the requirements for the videos, especially if they are in high definition.

I only know the general requirements for 3D Blu-Ray playback:
    1. 3D-capable monitor or TV and compatible 3D glasses for it.
    2. HDCP ready GPU that supports hardware acceleration for 3D Blu-Ray video, such as a GeForce GT 240, a AMD Radeon HD 6000 Series, or better
    3. A 3GHz 4 core CPU or 3GHz 2 core CPU that supports running 4 threads is recommended
    4. For 3D Blu-Ray playback, 3D Blu-Ray player software like Arcsoft Total Media Theatre 6, Cyberlink PowerDVD Ultra 13, or WinDVD Pro 11.

I guess some members here do not understand that while some people do get headaches and eyestrain from watching 3D video, others do not experience these problems and actually enjoy the effect. If the 3D effects are done properly and not overly exaggerated, I enjoy seeing 3D films in a movie theater.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You would save a lot of grief if yiou ACTUALLY stated your intention straight off.

Just do a little research. Find how these videos and photos were created and that will tell you how you can view them. It could be a simple matter of obtaining a pair of red/green glasses.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    It's not worth the trouble
    You may have a point there, but some may not mind.

and hassle as you will soon tire of getting the headaches.
    Everybody does not get headaches from watching 3D. I get really tired of people who do have physiological problems with the format assuming that every other human being does too instead of understanding that THEY are in the minority here if they have problems with it.
    Quote Quote